a mini-gallery

Agree with the idea of trying out Elysium's mask. That would even free you up a special slot. Either way, good stuff as usual.

Just bought the DLC. I was hesitant to do so since my total DLC expenditure is now around $10. Hmm...the Elysium mask didn't really work out. Not as bird-looking as with the vane mask. Oh well, lots of other cool stuff to work with. I hope they release more accessory type items in later packs.

Quick nit pick about the British hunter: Engineer's Long Boots are maybe slightly more accurate than cowboy boots. I hate myself for writing about such a small thing. Everything else about her is great!

Really like the harpie as well. If you're interested you can try Murasame's Gradient thing (Basic Pattern 1) for the wings for some more varied plumage. It works really well on those.

I look forward to the next round!

I like your garçon manqué (hunter), simple yet elegant design...your george washington is funny (as a joke character with the stars and stripe sword lol)...the rest i am not so fond of, your harpie lacks visibility (too dark) and would need refined tattoos and special equipement placement (just nitpicking, you know me ;o)

@Fliptop: You're certainly right about the engineer boots. However, I wanted the heels to accentuate her femininity. I'll look into the gradient thing as well.

@Vilarcane: An excellent yet somewhat abstruse critique. Could you go into the specifics? The harpie's ornate patterns and textures already necessitated a subdued and practical color palette. Even so, I tried to offset the darkness of the equipment with plenty of white and gold, so the only thing that I can think of to improve visibility is to saturate the gold colors. I'm also uncertain how to improve the special equipment placing. Did you mean the visor, chest feathers, waist feathers, or all of them?

@PockyYoshi: Here's a text file with the formulas. For some reason the (+) signs weren't working well...

Attachments

• formulas.txt
    4.1 KB · Views: 356
Oh, cruel fate! It appears I'm the only person into Diablo III on the forums...(weeps silently) so I deleted my recent thread and updated my gallery before anybody accuses me of thread bumping.

I. Monk (F)
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_11.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_10.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_4.png

II. Demon Hunter (F)
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_17.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_16.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_2.png
I'll be attempting the wizard as soon as I've recovered my grievously injured sense of self worth.

I like your take on the Demon Huntress. Something interesting I wanted to note is that the sticker converging into a pointed shape on the front of the hood lends an Assassin's Creed feel to it. Very interesting, in my opinion. What sticker(s) did you use, there?

Thanks, Pas! It's the super-sized bottom portion of a motif that looks something like this: ==XvX==. I did place by view and angled the camera as low as possible to get as sharp a point as possible.

I like the Demon Huntress, lots of nice touches like the crossbow mounted on her arm and the beetle horns used for her chest armour-thing. Nice use of stickers for the textures as well and they work nicely with the horns to complete the look.

The monk is a little bit weird, maybe it's the bulky shoulders and gloves. I've not played Diablo 3 (don't kill me) but I did a quick Google and sure enough the armour they have is slightly bulky. Nonetheless it still seems unusual. I really like the way you managed the waist, though. Using the cut off point for stickers on the upper body (I think?) to make a tassel-like effect is very resourceful.

Bring on the wizard! I'll happily cast my totally Diablo 3 ignorant eyes over it (I'll have another tab ready to Google as required).

Sorry if any of this seems disjointed or a ramble. I'm about to nod off.

Cheers!

Oh, cruel fate! It appears I'm the only person into Diablo III on the forums...(weeps silently) so I deleted my recent thread and updated my gallery before anybody accuses me of thread bumping.

you're not the only one...but all the others is still playing diablo 3 instead of reading the forum XD

@Fliptop: Thanks for the advice. I've updated my monk, changed the demon hunter's hair, and made the wizard. I'll be uploading the pics after I rush my friend through D3 nightmare lol.
@Furako: Haha, true. My battlenet's RGE908. Look me up sometime.

My next recreation:

III. Wizard (F)
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_3v2.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_5v2.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_10v2.png
Again, as with my previous Diablo recreations, I took a great deal of artistic license when I couldn't convincingly reproduce certain aspects of the source materials. Mine's based mostly on the asymmetrical design featured in the first trailers. There's something beautiful about the way the ragged scarf flows with Natsu 2P's hair, so she looks far better in motion. Since I'm too lazy to take pictures of my monk and demon hunter edits, I'll upload them when I post either the witch doctor or barbarian.

Here's the next recreation from Diablo III! Just puttin' it out there in case someone notices.

IV. Witch Doctor (M)
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_3v2.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_14v2.png

I have the poweerrrrr!!!
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_1v2.png
This was a lot of fun to make. I actually tried using a turtle shell for the voodoo mask, but much to my dismay, I discovered it wouldn't take stickers. The metal face plate was the closest thing I could find to a mask. Criticism, trolling, anything is welcome.

These new CAS based off of Diablo 3, are really nice! I especially love that wizard one. She looks gorgeous. I knew Natsu's 2p hair was a good hairstyle. Everything else about her looks like a fantasy lady I'd so play as.

Bottom line? I love the way it's pulled off. Please keep on sharing.

Hey, thanks for the support, Pocky! I take forever to make anything at all, so it was too late for me to enter your Iron CaS challenge, but I'm looking forward to participate in the next one.

I like the wizard. Very practical use of stickers and special equipment mean that nothing is wasted and everything has a purpose, which I like. The only suggestion I could make would be maybe dropping the saturation of her pinks slightly but having said that the vibrancy is quite nice (and they do have bright colours anyway, from what I've seen).

The Witch Doctor looks terrific. I like that, while the mask is clearly the focal point, you have all the tattoos and whatnot supporting it. Although he's not wearing much, what he is wearing (or not wearing) works to put his character over clearly. The mask itself is pretty freakin' cool, too. I can't think of many witch-doctory masks off the top of my head. This one is very striking, for sure. Nice use of the gradient pattern of the feathers.

I'm looking forward to the next (eventual) update. Keep at it!

@KittenpasteCo: Thanks, dude!

@Fliptop: Your analytical critiques are always helpful. A sensible wizard probably wouldn't wade through crumbling crypts, putrid swamps, and armies of demons and beasts dressed in neon raspberry. Even so, I wanted to try something different from the more practical palettes I usually use.

Dat Witch Doctor..

I've been playing a Witch Doctor in Diablo III recently and that mask is amazing, I must copy that and use it in own my designs! And could I suggest using the undergarment Capris and the Barbarian Wrap for his leg armour?

Besides that your Witch Doctor and Wizard are amazing, but your Monk is out of this world, looks amazing for a Nephalem;)

Please do share many, many more! <3

Dat Witch Doctor..

I've been playing a Witch Doctor in Diablo III recently and that mask is amazing, I must copy that and use it in own my designs! And could I suggest using the undergarment Capris and the Barbarian Wrap for his leg armour?

Besides that your Witch Doctor and Wizard are amazing, but your Monk is out of this world, looks amazing for a Nephalem;)

Please do share many, many more! <3
Thanks so much for your input, Raskall! I prefer the Roman skirt on the witch doctor, but you're more than welcome to modify the design to your tastes. For the life of me, I couldn't settle on a decent barbarian creation. Somehow (s)he always ended up with the same old, boring horns and bulky armor. I'm sure you'll have better luck with the barb than I did. I was rather surprised that you liked the monk since she wasn't as favorably received by other viewers. Most of the CaS crowd's moved on to bigger, better stuff nowadays, but I'll post the alternative monk design here anyways for my own reference.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_8.png

Back