a mini-gallery

Thanks for all the support. I made it a mini-gallery because I'm been rather short on ideas lately. I'll be uploading a couple more tomorrow.

@Fliptop: I think I put a snowflake pattern on the dryad's legs. Anything to make them look less furry. I didn't have any playing style for her in mind, but if I'd have to choose a style (other than Lexia, my main), I'd set her on Ivy's style. The whipping action's kinda like smacking people in the face with vines or branches.

In the meantime, here's two of my favorite recreations. I posted them years ago, but they do deserve a place in my mini-gallery.

Noel Vermillion from BlazBlue.
View attachment 14699
View attachment 14706
In case anybody was wondering, the shoulder guards are "feathers of strength," and the beret clip was "hero's ornament," or something like that.
Lenneth from Valkyrie Profile. I've seen a few other renditions on the forums, but this was probably the first. I was actually honored to see my formula online. Unfortunately, the guy was a total douche. He certainly played a fierce Pyrrha, but he taunted me every round...ugh...Anybody else have experiences like this?

View attachment 14700
View attachment 14701
your noel vermillion really looks like her! it's good.

Recreations, new and old.
TSUBAKI YAYOI (Blazblue)
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_1.png

The Fez, the most obvious choice for the hat, wasn't nearly large enough compared to the original, so I fashioned one out of a cylinder, a pair of rabbit ears, and a pair of feather ornaments. I placed number 4 stickers on the boots by axis to make the crosses. I decided not to further decorate the waist wrap since it would clutter the design's lower half.

The following three come from the request thread.
AYANE (Dead or Alive 5)
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_15.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_17.png

I couldn't accurately reproduce the original ninja outfit so I took some artistic license. Fishnet effect simulated by minimized watermelon pattern. Chevron shapes on boots created by "number 1" stickers placed by view and angled all the way down.

AELA (Skyrim)
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_1.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_8.png

The original looked kinda drab so I added some color. Minimized check/gingham pattern on merveilleuse dress to simulate chain mail. Pocket sticker on front and back to simulate leather corset/blouse. Kanji characters on face for warpaint. Two large pocket stickers on gloves to simulate leather gauntlets.

SOPHALLA (Valkyrie Profile 2)
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ.png

Placed green butterfly sticker on white shirt with green sleeves. Shoulder/arm guard created from feathers of strength and gear items. Hat band created by crescent moon sticker placed by view and angled up...if my memory serves correctly.
As usual, all comments and criticism are welcome!

Recreations, new and old.
TSUBAKI YAYOI (Blazblue)
View attachment 25658
View attachment 25659
The Fez, the most obvious choice for the hat, wasn't nearly large enough compared to the original, so I fashioned one out of a cylinder, a pair of rabbit ears, and a pair of feather ornaments. I placed number 4 stickers on the boots by axis to make the crosses. I decided not to further decorate the waist wrap since it would clutter the design's lower half.

The following three come from the request thread.
AYANE (Dead or Alive 5)
View attachment 25660
View attachment 25661
I couldn't accurately reproduce the original ninja outfit so I took some artistic license. Fishnet effect simulated by minimized watermelon pattern. Chevron shapes on boots created by "number 1" stickers placed by view and angled all the way down.

AELA (Skyrim)
View attachment 25662
View attachment 25663
The original looked kinda drab so I added some color. Minimized check/gingham pattern on merveilleuse dress to simulate chain mail. Pocket sticker on front and back to simulate leather corset/blouse. Kanji characters on face for warpaint. Two large pocket stickers on gloves to simulate leather gauntlets.

SOPHALLA (Valkyrie Profile 2)
View attachment 25664
Placed green butterfly sticker on white shirt with green sleeves. Shoulder/arm guard created from feathers of strength and gear items. Hat band created by crescent moon sticker placed by view and angled up...if my memory serves correctly.
As usual, all comments and criticism are welcome!
That's amazing! it's so good!

Time for a massive (by my small standards) update. First up are two originals (kinda):
EDIT 1/13/13: Toned down TRIBAL PRIESTESS's jaundice (skin color)

1. PILOT (ZETTAI RYOUIKI)
Credit goes to ThePascuzzi for the headphones! We've also seen plenty of awesome steampunk designs like Gatsu's Mika, so how is a creator like me to differentiate himself? After hours of deliberation, I decided that the forums had a conspicuous shortage of zettai ryouiki (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ZettaiRyouiki), meaning the inexplicably potent combination of short skirts/shorts + thigh-high footwear.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_7.png

As noted by ThePascuzzi, the headphones consist of an elongated sphere and a pair of horns. The vest is simulated by a giant eye sticker + the DNA (double helix) sticker. Leather pattern on the raccoon tail to create extra texture. She's technically got B-rank zettai ryouiki.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_13.png

Crane stance. Hyaaa!
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_21.png

A purely scientific study (and prime specimen) of zettai ryouiki.

2. TRIBAL PRIESTESS
[Based off of the Louisiana swamp tribe mentioned in H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu mythology. A vicious bunch of zealots known for their aptitude for crazed chanting and human sacrifice. Sometime over afternoon tea with Cthulhu, this priestess seems to have acquired an insatiable desire for souls, an affinity for buster swords, and one helluva mean right hook.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ.png

Phoenix tattoo on skull. Dragon tattoo and flesh toned circle on upper body skin. Ogre tattoo on archery breastplate. 2 butterfly stickers, 1 imperial courtesan sticker, and 1 "number 1" kanji sticker on the pareo. Leather pattern on the bangles to create a weathered, dinted look.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_3.png

The two butterflies on prominent display here.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_2.png

Action shot.

cool crossover idea there and i like ur ayane too - designs are good u just need harmonize colors a little more - but maybe pic quality

cool crossover idea there and i like ur ayane too - designs are good u just need harmonize colors a little more - but maybe pic quality
Thanks, Vilarcane! I also tried to make an Astaroth/Viola, but it didn't go very well since I ran out of stickers...

Nice gallery. For a simple design, i really like Gdub - "I cannot tell a lie ...I will crush you!" Otherwise, harpy and tribal priestess are my favorites. Good work.

ZR is admittedly one of my favorite things to see on a character, so you can imagine how elated I am to be mentioned in the same post as one. Granted, I'm more partial to the skirt variety, but this is indeed some fine Grade B ZR. That said, I don't see what's so steampunk about this character. When I think steampunk, I imagine Victorian-style clothing with pipes, gauges, and gears. The earthy color palette could be used in a steampunk design, but that alone doesn't make a character steampunk-styled. However, this character is a great example of a modern, everyday-style. The headphones are perfect for this character and work well with the beanie. The raccoon tail imparts a bomber jacket-type aesthetic. The gloves look worn and dirtied; I like it. My favorite part of this design is the shirt transformed into a three-layer top. Using the helix sticker to add stitching down the vest's midsection was a great finishing touch. The shorts and boots lack detail compared to the rest of the outfit, but it's not that big of a deal.

The stickerwork goes a really, really long way in making the tribal priestess as good as she is. I like the way you used a sticker to blend the Archery Breastplate with the rest of the upper body to suggest an over-the-shoulder top. The dragon sticker also connects the top to the pareo, almost suggesting it's all one dress. The stickerwork on the pareo itself is wonderfully executed. It's complicated and messy, but not at all offensive to the eyes. The one thing I'd mark this design down for is the skin color; I think it's a bit too yellow and might make someone think she's got jaundice. It's something that can be let go of, though.

The first thing that catches my attention with this Talim design is everything that's going on at the head. The combination of the headband, the sphere, and the Rabbit Ears looks great. The use of the sticker and the horns, though incorrect in texture, at least do a good job of suggesting the shapes and lines of a unique hairstyle, which may be enough to warrant consideration of that method. I also like the patterned border on the shorts. I suggest using a darker color on the pocket stickers on the bandages in order to better obscure the bandage lines where the stickers are.

I remember this Naraku design from the request thread. I'm not much for Inuyasha, but there are definitely some interesting things going on in this design. The horns in the midsection forming the opening of the eye looks amazing. The gauntlets pair surprisingly well with all the bones and horns. I especially like how you used the angel wing sticker to not only obscure the lower portion of the vest, but to tie the vest and the loincloth together.

I like the stickerwork on Kuja's top. I don't think it all blends together like you intended, but the lines suggest that's the intention, so it's still an interesting display. Same goes for the feathers as hair extensions. Unfortunately, the rest of the design is a bit devoid of action. There's also the problem of the belt floating way out to the sides.

This Freya design is solid, which is an accomplishment, considering the character is a rat-human hybrid. I like the stickerwork that forms the eyes. The combination of the bat wings, wizard's hat, horns, and a third object I'm unable to identify. Rabbit Ears, I guess. The designs and textures on the Baihu Coat are good. I like the addition of soft detail on the pants. Finally, the boots are a smart choice in ensuring faithfulness to the original.

No, this Pyrrha cosplaying as Voldo is really something. It's funny AND well-executed. I like the choice of stickers on the dancer's bra. The pattern choice on the sleeves is interesting. In my opinion, the best part of this design is the blind constructed out of the snake special equipment. Great work.

@ThePascuzzi:

1. Pilot - An earlier draft had striped boots and additional jacket pockets, but I decided to go for a functional and classic military uniform instead, which is usually monochrome. I'm also a nut for minimalism.

2. Priestess - Skin color fixed.

3. Talim - Yeah, I never particularly liked special equipment hair. Oh well, I tried. As for the glove stickers, when I tried increasing the darkness, I found that it threw a wrench into the whole soft color scheme (besides the red, which is flashy, but offset by the matching).

4. Naraku - Again, I generally eschew spikey/demony CaS, but I'm glad it turned out half-way decent.

5. Kuja - Very true. The torso really does need some detail. I'll see what I can do.

6. Freya - Rabbit ears, indeed. The rat form version looks f***ing pissed though, so I prefer the human version.

8. Voldyrrah/Pyrrdho - Shame my Astariola/Viostaroth didn't turn out so well. I think I'll post it anyways for s***s and giggles.

Thanks again for all the advice!

Okay, okay, before you all laugh at me...I'm really stumped on how to make Mark Antony. I tried to make him a centurion, but that doesn't seem to be working. Maybe I should go back to making him a Roman frat boy. Any ideas will be much appreciated. Spoiler tagged this shit, cuz it's embarrassing. Oh, and I prefer to set my entire character to a primary color before coloring in the details, so it's not that I'm going for all brown lol. Definitely deleting this shit once I finish.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ.png

If was you i will do it without helmet, will be more in character and you solve your problems with it :D
Also you really don't need it, aside being a traitor even for roman standards he was higher ranked than centurions (only ones with horizontal crest)
Marc Antony phisical trait was being handsome and physically well built... "being a Marcantonio" here in Italy is an old saying to describe somebody not only handsome but also tall, strong and healty

my 2 cents
-give him a more "womanizer" face, the CaS model starting one imho it work
-Zwei or Patroklos haircut imho can work well, but i suggest dark brown or black
-height 4 or 5. Muscles 3 or 4, well built kinda balanced between strenght and speed, but if you have to chose go for strenght.
-we italians,specially from centre/south have more mediterrean colors, and Anthony was a soldier so i will go with a way more tanned skin
-that armor is perfect,under it you can put "new centurion" leather armor. if you remove the waist item the armor automatically give you some kind of skirt. For the foot i like the foot item of the roman DLC
-Give it flashy gold decorations... roman martial style is kinda against that kind of stuff, but Marc Anthony escaped with her to live like a King

Oh,if you want try to youtube Marc Anthony in Capcom's Shadow of Rome

Hope it helped!

ps: just seen your last works,quality stuff with some nice ideas!

Ah...Egypt...always a CaS staple. Let's hope I did it right!
1. ANUBIS
My first furry CaS, actually.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_15e.png

Creation notes: Wolf head striped pattern + black "1" sticker + star sticker. Wings & inverted gourd striped. Leather pattern on jewelry to simulate denting/aging. And black. Lots of it.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_10e.png

If you pay close attention to the eyes, he looks stoned off his ass. Apparently neither beasts nor gods are immune to good ol' THC.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_6e.png

Hilde's style has the formidable elegance that I wanted to give this deity. Oddly feminine at certain instances, but it works nevertheless. Sounds pretty epic with superhuman voice pack and -50 to both pitch and tone.

2. MARC ANTONY (Marcus Antonius)
I highly recommend checking out my previous post for an image of my first draft. I wanted to express Antony's narcissism with an over-sized white scarf. I figured that only a play boy/douche bag like him would try to dress up military attire as such. Since I couldn't get the dramatic scarf, I had to settle with the white cape, which has more than enough douche-bag for me. He's such a dick he actually made me drop $3 for the stupid gladiator gear too. Special thanks go to Gatsu and KittenCo for the guidance.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_37.png

"My nose was chiseled by the Gods themselves!"
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_29e.png

"My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David!"
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_12e.png

Bro pound if you sourced the previous two quotes without google. Coincidentally, the Patroklos style really matches Antony's demeanor. I mean, what kind of douche bag fights with his sword pointed the wrong way? Clearly the scumbag voice pack for this guy.

3. CLEOPATRA
According to certain studies, she was actually kinda ugly. She was apparently a pro at make-up and seduction techniques...not to mention exorbitantly rich and powerful. So if this CaS turns out badly, I was just going for accuracy.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_33e.png

Two stacked giant ribbon stickers on dress over star pattern. Headdress composed of feathers of strength, eye protector, and centurion plume.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_2e.png

I like how the robes look kinda translucent and shimmer in motion.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_1e.png

It was very nice of Project Soul to actually include a turquoise Cleopatra-style make-up. Certainly saved me a lot of trouble. Leixia style for the Middle-Eastern swords. Femme Fatale voice, obviously.

4. STORM (MVC3 recreation)
Wait! What does storm have to do with Egypt? Absolutely nothing. But this is the result with just a few tweaks to my Cleo CaS. I definitely did not start by doing "Color All" at (7, 40, 27). Nope. Not a chance.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_40e.png

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_21e.png

She was a natural projectile spammer in MVC3, so Viola style seemed an appropriate choice.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_22e.png

Zwei style is also decent since it looks like she's calling down bolts on the opponent. Definitely "reliable leader" voice pack.

As always, all comments are welcome! Want to debate the meaning of life or string theory? That's fine too!

Your Anubis is excellent brucege, why don't you post it in the animal kingdom thread, i love it !

Cleopatra is very well done as well, but may i suggest trying an alternate edit with the bowl cut (shorter hair) and another hair accessory, maybe...still gorgeous and charismatic

Marcus Antonius ain't too shabby, because you did not go the lazy way using the roman chest piece but chiseled the centurio chest piece nicely instead

Back