α Patroklos General Discussion/ Q&A

2143aB Is actually one of the hardest moves to do, JF or no JF. New Rule: Excercise your thumbs before attempting a Alpha Patroklos combos. :P

44A+B can be followed up by CE.... just saying.
Yeah i always forget to test that. Still I can't even begin to think of a setup for the unblockable. Maybe if you've got them in a corner somewhere, but I'm not seeing it otherwise.

...Maybe fuck with their head by doing 236 into it?

*runs away back to corner where no remotely competent Patsuka players are*

Actually if they right tech of the 8 A+B B 2a BE loop the unblockable hits as part of the tech trap . Tack the CE on if you want. LOL!!! But a better option would be 214~3A+B

lol it's funny that you have a higher success rate with normal twister than with JFT. 214B+G gives +13 frames, making JFT possible in a two frame window, and regular twister only a one frame window.

Regular twister is harder, not easier. 214B+G, Twister, JF Twister is totally a style combo, lol. Sub-optimal damage, harder because of crappy inputs.

No, no. I meant that I get the 1st JFT but too late, so it doesn't "knock back" (opponent crumples right in front of you) and I can't combo into another JFT.

Actually if they right tech of the 8 A+B B 2a BE loop the unblockable hits as part of the tech trap . Tack the CE on if you want. LOL!!! But a better option would be 214~3A+B
Character specific - smalls like Pyrrha can evade 214 3A+B entirely.

I'm pretty sure the timing might be off. I'm at work right now, but I will test and upload a video of it later on using the same move / combo if I am able to get it working.

I also wouldn't be too surprised if she was the only one it doesn't work on [or at least not consistent] ... some odd things happen with her ... like 2x jf t isn't guaranteed after 214b+g, and doesn't work after certain combos.

consistently avoidable?

if so then ... well that sucks for alpha. just another negative to add to the matchup hah

~~~~

another random thing I tested [out of curiosity] was how bad jf t, jf t was after whiffing the 2nd one after someone techs
. apparently pyrrha can get a stab or 66k [i15] ... but alpha can block her 3b [i17].​
so .. I guess it would be a bit on the dangerous side to go for the 2nd jf t on pyrrha unless you know it's going to hit ... [and they know about the tech-whiff punish]​

yes, as you can see it's guaranteed on right tech.

cool vid ... saves me the trouble of capping hah

I've been having trouble getting CH 2363B > 2143B:B to connect. 2143B:B just whiffs. And I definitely feel like I'm getting the move out as soon as I recover from 2363B. But if I did 33/99B SOMETIMES 2143B would hit. Any advice on this one?

Thanks, I know for certain I'm doing the 2143 motion AFTER 2363, not during. So knowing that its going to be more like one single motion instead of two separate ones.

The 214B+G normal Twister hitting grounded thing happened to me again today in the lab when I was practising JFT. Not sure the reason behind this, but as you all know, only a JFT can hit grounded after 214B+G and not a normal Twister.

It doesn't come out every time, per se, its pretty rare. Damage wise, of course it loses out to JFT.
Just letting you folks know. Synraii said this had never happened to him before, and I would have taken a vid, but sadly, no camera. The cue, though, no doubt, isnt a JF.

Thanks, I know for certain I'm doing the 2143 motion AFTER 2363, not during. So knowing that its going to be more like one single motion instead of two separate ones.
Its a very difficult hit confirm distinguishing between NH and CH, I'll do 33B 2143B:B in casuals but generally just go for JF Twisters in tournaments for the sake of consistency. =/

Back