α Patroklos General Discussion/ Q&A

B+K 62B 44B+K is one of his most damaging meterless NCs, so you can use it for whiff punishment at close rajge for big damage. As you suggested above, it is also an excellent way to score damage as your semi slow post GI option. B+K 62B 11A+B on the other hand is a regerse wall combo starter or a reverse RO mid, same applications and because of its RO potential, is probably the better of the two in the frand scheme of things.

After a guard break use 33B:
33B, 2143B:B, JF Twister, JF Twister is over 120 damage.

Yup, regular CH 33B works too. You also get the same combo after FC 3A+B and 44B+K. Against some characters you can do FC 3A+B/44B+K → 2363B for the rest of the combo as well.

Is 33B the best option after a break though? To get the big damage you'd have to nail the double JFT, whereas with an iagB combo you can stick to much easier JFs for similarly stupid damage.

Is 33B the best option after a break though? To get the big damage you'd have to nail the double JFT, whereas with an iagB combo you can stick to much easier JFs for similarly stupid damage.
I guess it depends on what range they're at when after the break and the fact that 33B is a lot easier to pull off as a starter than iagB

Meterless its the most damaging midscreen option.
If you want to build meter instead then go for:
2143A+B, 2363B, 2143B:B, JF Twister, JF Twister.

Though guard crushing is rare enough with Alpha so I personally take max damage every time. And there is certainly no justification in using meter in the combo. He is more dangerous with it stocked in oki and I can't think of a combo that will cause significant difference in damage without a wall. Obviously justified there though. ag:B combos require meter for the combo to clear 100 damage so its a lazy and less rewarding option, not to mention it damages your meter game. Also any Alpha worth his salt will rarely drop the double twister after CH2143B:B stun.

From experience regarding CH33B, only go for 2143B:B if you know it will CH, eg interrupting a string or post guard crush. The confirm is a tight window + execution, so CH 33B, JF T, JF T is a happy medium between damage and consistency. Though this is from a tournament perspective, go nuts in casuals, lol.

Finally was able to test some things. iagB → iagB → JFT does 101 damage with three chances of clean hit.
FC 3A+B → 2363B → 2143B:B → JFT → JFT does 112-ish damage (run counter setting adds 1 or 2 on where a guard burst's counter doesn't) and builds about the same amount of meter and 33B → 2143B:B → JFT → JFT did 108 damage while building less meter than the iagB combo.

You also get a lot more mileage out of the clean hits on iagB because there's no stun to scale the damage. 1 clean hit can rocket the combo's damage to over 120 meterless.

What would be a reliable follow up to a JG? I ask because when I try 2142A or 2143A:B I always hit "2" too early and end up low JGing against mids...which doesn't work well. Should I just keep working on my timing?

What would be a reliable follow up to a JG? I ask because when I try 2142A or 2143A:B I always hit "2" too early and end up low JGing against mids...which doesn't work well. Should I just keep working on my timing?
I use 44 B+K (1p)

44B+K and its BE are great for punishing stuff on JG. Also keep in mind that aPat's CE can punish any move in the entire game after JGing it unless it's a special move that hits independently of the character such as certain of Viola's orb attacks or ZWEI's Ein attacks.

So yeah...I should learn to wait a sec before trying to buffer 214/236 attacks after JG. But too long and the window closes. Man I have some learning to do.

You're welcome for the iagB→iagB→JFT Slade.
I didn't realise it cleared 100 but I still don't recommend it for 4 reasons:
1. It deals less damage than the 33B combo, which only has one less clean hit chance and always gets more with equal numbers of clean hits.
2. It has less carry across the screen so its rarer to be able to do this straight into wall or edge pressure.
3. After a tip range break off of something like 66B, ag:B will whiff, giving you nothing.
4. It gains exactly the same amount of meter as the 33B combo.

So in summary it is less damaging, covers less space, has a less reliable hitbox and has no meter build advantage. As I said before however, with a wall to your right, defenitely go for ag:B. Combo into 2A BE 2362BA loops is SAVAGE.
Though this can be awkward as well, the correct 2A BE knockdown doesn't work off axis and has consistency issues against the usual offenders (pyrrha and friends).

So yeah...I should learn to wait a sec before trying to buffer 214/236 attacks after JG. But too long and the window closes. Man I have some learning to do.
Nah, you can just buffer it straight in, it still comes out.

My problem is I tap G at the right time for a JG but then start to buffer 214/236 too soon. I've accidentally JG'd lows that way which informed me of what I'm doing wrong. I need to not start buffering until the moment my JG actually lands. Seems like a no brainer to quality players. For me, it's a bad habit I'm trying to shake.

Back