α Patroklos General Discussion/ Q&A

Did you know that if you A+B Viola's 6B+K, she can JG your aGI and ToD combo you after?

themoreyouknow.jpg

Is there a consistent way of landing 2143A+B (traps right tech) after 2ABE against small characters like Pyrrha? Against large characters I can buffer it immediately, but against small ones I have to delay it a little, making things inconsistent.

Is there a consistent way of landing 2143A+B (traps right tech) after 2ABE against small characters like Pyrrha? Against large characters I can buffer it immediately, but against small ones I have to delay it a little, making things inconsistent.

I delay mine a bit. Since it'll catch large characters anyway, I'd say that's as consistent as it gets.

Just France? Or throughout?
Its a tricky one:
She is banned in France and Germany, which means she is banned for Cannes and EBO. Since SVB (British major) doesn't care about SCV, the french and german ban is enough to ban her from all significant european majors.

I can't speak for other communities (poland, italy etc etc) but in England, she is legal in London, however she is banned in any tournament I organise, which equates to her being banned in the midlands except for the dragon brothers' insoknia major in Telford.

And its not a knee jerk ban, I'm a bloody good Viola player by british standards and I will ban her in my tourbaments because I know exactly what she can do.

OK I just discovered this, and I'm kicking myself for not discovering it earlier, but in case any of you didn't know, if you buffer B+K 62B 44 (B+K, on block, there's a good chance a second 4B or even a B+K will come out, which means a good chance of giving your opponent a CH punish.

However if you input B+K 62B 44A+B+K it will still work on hit, but on block nothing will happen. Except for possible punish for your B+K.

You could train yourself to hit confirm the 62B, but seems like overkill now.

Does anyone know how many frames I need to have in order to punish side/front/back stepping with 44B + K. Or is it just stupid to risk?

Why are you ever using 44B+K at all?

The only time its justified is as -14+ block punishment and even then, only if its BE'd. Otherwise its a completely worthless move.

If I say so?
What redeeming features does this move have that would make you randomly throw it out? Especially when he has mids that do evrything that move does, but better?

If I say so?
What redeeming features does this move have that would make you randomly throw it out? Especially when he has mids that do evrything that move does, but better?

I agree with you in the fact that 44B+K is pretty much useless, but could you mention me these great mids you are talking about, because I actually lack that kind of move in my gameplay (aside 2A).

I still think 44B + K is a great move. Even if it's a high attack.. or what ever. Sometimes catches ppl off guard when I play with it and used as punisher too. + I know alpha isn't very good at guard breaking, but I do believe that 44B + K helps with that.

44B+K tech traps into 2363b, JFT, 4k, and 236236 *throw*. Still, if you can JFT consistently, it's not too good as punishment. I use it sometimes to mess with people's approach (almost like a random stab with Pyrrha) and to catch people's step on start up. I think it's decent to punish some moves with weird blockstun like Natsu's a6, but, yeah...aPat has more other attacks that cover more options.

Back