α Patroklos Videos

I hope Woahhzz won't kill me, but I uploaded our 4 online lag matches. It was fun.

It's the first time I played against a top level aPat, Woahhzz also doesn't play a lot against Ivy so we were getting away with a lot of stuff (also because of the lag, but that's a different story)

Apat is much more difficult to play against after the patch, 2363B rapes backdash.

Looking good here !
You got away with so much unsafe moves :)

Woahhzz plays a good Alpha. Different from mine. Very interesting. Keep up the good work !

I hope Woahhzz won't kill me, but I uploaded our 4 online lag matches. It was fun.

It's the first time I played against a top level aPat, Woahhzz also doesn't play a lot against Ivy so we were getting away with a lot of stuff (also because of the lag, but that's a different story)

Apat is much more difficult to play against after the patch, 2363B rapes backdash.

How do you upload videos to Youtube from the PS3 ?

You need to change your combo to your needs.

CH 33B 214~3B:B JFUJFU is about full damage but CH 33B 214~3B:B JFO is good damage already.
CH 33B 214~3B:B BE is about ring positioning RO/wallcombos. You can make 22_88BA or 236~2BA to find various angles, and 8A+BB is forceblock.
CH 33B JFU JFU is about ease of use.
CH 33B 6K 8A+BB 2A BE 8A+BB/236~2BA is about ease of use with correct damage.
CH 33B JFU 214~2K is about ease of use with decent damage (80)

This is a very important part of a competitive Alpha player.

just capped a couple combos ... along with a tech trap combo at the end ... once again, the oki off his 2a,be on facedown hit is pretty ridiculous ...

-_- ... it's in the annotations and in the description. left only

but it does beat my previous vid's left tech dmg of 193

Very nice indeed, but maybe you should also cover the deterrents of staying grounded and other directional techs so that less experienced players gain a better understanding of the risk/reward in such a tech trap. That would be my only criticism, otherwise it was a nice executional display, pal. =)

Very nice indeed, but maybe you should also cover the deterrents of staying grounded and other directional techs so that less experienced players gain a better understanding of the risk/reward in such a tech trap. That would be my only criticism, otherwise it was a nice executional display, pal. =)

that's why I have my other vid ... haha. I posted it somewhere here on the forums ...

I guess I'll post it again for reference:

~~~~

Nutshell:

after 2a,be as a face-down knockdown, you can do the following oki:

- [stays on the ground] - 8a+b,b, 2a,be loop
- [stays on the ground] - 2362b,a
- [tech right / front / back] - 2143a+b, 2363b, 2143b:b, jf t, jf t
- [tech left / front / back] - b+k,62b,66b+k, 2363b
- [tech left / front] - ag:B, ag:B, 2a,be, jf t

just capped a couple combos ... along with a tech trap combo at the end ... once again, the oki off his 2a,be on facedown hit is pretty ridiculous ...

Nice video, that is some ridiculous execution. I still suck too much to do any kind of awesomeness like that. XD

1AAA is also an annoying as fuck tech trap after 2A BE. Maxou knows the details, i think you need to slighlty delay, then it catches left and right (?). Thats at least my impression. But very risky also.

Maybe the french guy will clarify :)

After a 2A BE opponent face-down KND :
- delay into 1B:B is full tech trap. Timing is tricky though.
- 1AAA is full tech trap. If they tech backward, only first hit of 1AA will hit, 2nd hit will whiff and Alpha will end up being punishable.
- 236~2BA is combo against all characters exept Viola, Pyrrha, Omega, Leixa. They can tech left to avoid 236~2BA.
Very good wake up game. 8A+BB is then forceblock. If they raise up immediatly they're at perfect distance for 1AAA/middle mix up.
- 8A+BB is combo and garanteed. If opponent tech backwards, 8A+BB 236~3B is garanteed for more damage. If opponent doesn't tech, 8A+BB twister is combo for more damage and clean hit opportunity.
- if you see your opponent teching backwards, 236~3B is tech trap for very good damage. bA is also tech trap for easy damage.

1AAA isn't as risky as you make it to be. Of course you can be punished but it's high damage, and more often than not, the only way to avoid a 8A+BB 2A BE/JFT relaunch is to tech.

It's a 50/50 in Alpha's favor.

face-down hit on 2a,be into 2362ba should work on all characters. I did it on leixia in one of my vids with tech left on.

but I'll test it on other chars later

Back