α Patroklos Videos

Maxou was meaning that at zero range they can tech. Besides that its not techable.

1AAA isn't as risky as you make it to be. Of course you can be punished but it's high damage, and more often than not, the only way to avoid a 8A+BB 2A BE/JFT relaunch is to tech.

It's a 50/50 in Alpha's favor.

Hmm not sure about that. If you do 1AAA its 100 DMG for me + you lose your potential damage of a 8A+BB tech trap. Its a good mindgame from time to time when you have a good read but i would prefer the other options most of the time. Not a big fan of risky tech traps when you can get safe damage.

Since alphas damage is a bad joke on basically everything i just would not take this risk. He doesnt have to since hitting you 2-3 times will kill you anyways :)

Reactions: LP
I dunno Doc, if 1AAA would net me a wallsplat/RO and I hadn't been using it, then I'd consider the mixup as the reward more than justifies it. =/

1AAA ROs to the same direktion as 22BA, doesnt it? 22BA is guaranteed, gives RO and W!.

There is no need for 1AAA to get those if im not wrong here :)

1AAA ROs to the same direktion as 22BA, doesnt it? 22BA is guaranteed, gives RO and W!.

Aside from the damage scaling reset if you're looking to deal enough to close out the match.

Casual FT5's between me and AzyG4Lyfe - Does anybody understand Dampierre? Because I ain't got a clue, lol.

Also, lol at my execution - its been a week since I last played Alpha XD

This is a typical 50/50 in Alpha favor. Because correct answer is to tech all the time and mix it up with no tech, but if you tech all the time, don't forget 1B:B is full tech trap as well ;) If they don't tech, it hits them OTG, very good wake up game, and if tech they take over 120dmg.
1A:A:A is the "easy" version of 1B:B.

Casual FT5's between me and AzyG4Lyfe - Does anybody understand Dampierre? Because I ain't got a clue, lol.
Can't watch the video from the office, but 8A+BB all of his grounded stance shenanigans. That, and don't whiff. I feel Dampierre's all about whiff punishment, and isn't particularly strong in the forced mix-up department.

BE Bullrush is begging for a JG -> Punish.

So is 66 B BE with Natsu, but is also duckable for an easy High Whiff Punish, which is easier and more scary. At least JG requires a bit more of skill but duck....man anyone can duck!

So is 66 B BE with Natsu, but is also duckable for an easy High Whiff Punish, which is easier and more scary. At least JG requires a bit more of skill but duck....man anyone can duck!
Yep, moral of the story is that Natsu should only use 66B BE in combos or as a whiff punish. As a pressure tool vs Alpha, I will gladly take my free FC3A+B combo, k thx bai.

EggMaster (Omega) vs Maxou (Alpha) FT10 online :

Akire (Mitsu) vs Maxou (Alpha) FT10 online :
Akire vs Maxou was 1 week after EggMaster vs Maxou, tried to adapt my game as I could.
Interesting matches IMO especially Egg vs me because he knows me very well and I know him very well too. We always play together :)
Akire vs Maxou is kinda ugly to see, guard button was not used a lot.

Akire vs Maxou is kinda ugly to see, guard button was not used a lot.
Hey Maxou, I won't get to watch these until I get home tonight, but I'll post my feedback (for what it's worth) after I get to take a look.

Question:
Regarding "guard button was not used a lot"... I've noticed that this is a trend in SCV at certain high level events (Akire vs. OmegaDR @ World Championships, I don't think anyone blocked for that entire series lol). Do you think that this kind of "offense is defense" mentality is encouraged by the system, or the optimal way to play at higher levels? I'll need to see the video later to see what specifically you had meant, but I'm curious what your thoughts (and the thoughts of others) on this are.

Question:
Regarding "guard button was not used a lot"... I've noticed that this is a trend in SCV at certain high level events (Akire vs. OmegaDR @ World Championships, I don't think anyone blocked for that entire series lol). Do you think that this kind of "offense is defense" mentality is encouraged by the system, or the optimal way to play at higher levels? I'll need to see the video later to see what specifically you had meant, but I'm curious what your thoughts (and the thoughts of others) on this are.

Nah, it's because Akire's playstyle. He attacks a LOT at disadvantage. And so do I (not as much as him though but Mitsu is kinda the character to do it). So it was kinda ugly.
Crushers are really strong in this game (too strong IMO), so sometimes the game system encourage some offensive defense.
It is in no way THE optimal way to play at high levels, it is just A way. Against Akire, I attacked a lot at disadvantage, but against someone else I can change my game completely (my present gameplan against Omega is really defensive for exemple).

The video of Eggmaster vs me is interesting because we always play together and always do 50-50 matches. Sometimes I end up dominating, then he adapts and he ends up dominating me, the I adapt, etc... Be aware it is a VERY long video (around 1H10 of Omega vs Alpha) but the fights are really close.
After this fight I changed my gameplan against Omega and put better tech traps after 66B 8A+BB 2A BE that you can see against Akire.

Back