A Study of the Stages/Arenas and possible interactions.

CHIP_STAXMAN

[08] Mercenary
Hi guys.

This is a work in progress. Eventually I want this first post to be a list of every stage in SCIV along with their respective attributes, like where ring-outs are possible, where wall destruction is possible and where any cosmetic interaction is possible.

I will edit this first post as new information comes in so it is up to date.

I want to refer to the stages/arenas by their proper names. And so we're all talking the same language, I propose that when a fight begins, we take the camera to be looking North. And therefore 1P would be standing West and 2P would be standing East.

Proposed format:

STAGE NAME: Name of stage
BELONGING TO: Name of character.
SIZE: Small, medium or large
NATURAL RO EDGES: List of edges where there is no obstruction (like a low wall) and RO is immediately possible.
SPECIAL RO EDGES: List of edges where RO is possible with certain conditions or only using certain moves.
STAGE DESTRUCTION: List of permanent changes you can make to the stage through the course of a fight that will change the match mechanics afterwards. Like smashing down a wall to make an edge a RO edge.
COSMETIC INTERACTION: Can you interact with the stage in a purely cosmetic way that doesn't change the match mechanics afterwards? Like ringing a gong, or cracking the floor.
STAGE SONG: The name of the song played on the stage.
OTHER NOTES: Anything else worth mentioning

Let me just say I am open to suggestions and I'm not saying I'm doing things the right way. I just want to get the ball rolling. I would make a start myself, but my 360 is with MS being repaired at the moment, as I've just fallen victim to my 3rd(!!!) Red Ring of Death.

Well, stages no longer belong to a certain character, so I think you can remove that data.

Plus I believe it's pretty useless. You know how all stages work after playing this game for 10 minutes.

It's a nice effort though.

I think it's worth to have the information on our wikipedia.
I will do some of them later and add the song track for the scenario.

well there are tactical advantages to different points on different stages... ignoring that is ignoring another aspect of gameplay

well there are tactical advantages to different points on different stages... ignoring that is ignoring another aspect of gameplay

bingo
My favorite thing in the world is ringing people out when my back is to a low wall, when they just walk right into my moves thinking they are safe..

Plus I believe it's pretty useless. You know how all stages work after playing this game for 10 minutes.

It's a nice effort though.

For many stages, I agree with you, the info I list may be of little use. But there are some stages with little quirks that people don't know about. If no-one else is interested I will compile all this data myself, and it will be just my anal little project for someone who thinks about SCIV maybe a little too much.

That gong was awesome. I was fighting a friend and I noticed it and thought...I wonder if it rings *smack* DONG...we both laughed ^_^ great story huh, glad I shared it with you all.

The game needed more stuff like that.

That gong was awesome. I was fighting a friend and I noticed it and thought...I wonder if it rings *smack* DONG...we both laughed ^_^ great story huh, glad I shared it with you all.

The game needed more stuff like that.

That reminds me when I was playing against my brother. It was at the Star Wars stage with moving walls. I was using Hilde, I was with my back against the wall and performed the 64B+G throw (grabs the rival and slides it to the opposite side. If Hilde is against the wall, she pushes the rival against the wall and thrusts him/her with the lance). His Mitsurugi had very low HP, so the 94 damage throw would have killed him. So well, Hilde grabs Mitsu and starts to push him against the wall, but since the wall was moving, it totally missed. I remember the feeling of "WHERE IS THE DAMNED WALL?", then I realized it was moving, that's why it gave that weird impression that well, the wall was moving and the throw was failing.

Well, stages no longer belong to a certain character, so I think you can remove that data.

Are you sure the stages don't belong to people anymore?

What about the underground water cavern full of lizardmen with large cutlery. Wouldn't you say that belongs to Lizardman?

I thought when you played arcade mode that characters always appear on their respective stages, and that this is the best indication of who the stage belongs to.

What about the underground water cavern full of lizardmen with large cutlery. Wouldn't you say that belongs to Lizardman?

I thought when you played arcade mode that characters always appear on their respective stages, and that this is the best indication of who the stage belongs to.
Yes, I was thinking the same thing when I read that post, I've made a list of what characters appear on each stage, based on the Arcade mode for the PS3:

**Wall of Text alert!**

Thesmophoros' Imperial Garden:
Cassandra

Distant Marsh:
Talim

Hall of the Warrior God:
Xianghua, Kilik

Star Destroyer Docking Bay - Laser Gates:
Darth Vader

Star Destroyer Docking Bay - Bridge Overhang:
The Apprentice

Tower of Remembrance (ToR) - Encounter:
Siegfried, Nightmare

ToR - Degradation:
Algol

ToR - Spiral of Time:
<none>

ToR - Ancient Gate:
Ashlotte, Kamikirimusi, Scheherazade, Shura, Angol Fear (story mode)

Kunpaetku Shrine - Dream Remnants:
Lizardman

Egyptian Temple - Sacred Flame:
Yun-Seong, Astaroth, Zasalamel

Ostrheinsburg Castle - Twilight:
Raphael, Taki

Jyurakudai Villa - Virgin Snow:
Mitsurugi, Setsuka

Grand Labyrinth - Corridor of Suspended Time:
<none>

Sailor's Rest:
Seong Mi-Na, Maxi

Phantom Pavillion - Seesaw:
<none>

Phantom Pavillion:
Voldo, Yoshimitsu

Wolfkrone Monument:
Hilde

Ice Coffin of the Sleeping Giant:
Cervantes, Ivy

Ostrheinsburg Castle Throne Room:
Tira, Sophitia

Now I know that the list may not be 100% correct...bear in mind that all of that is taken from what I can remember in Arcade Mode only, except for the bonus characters because they don't appear in arcade mode and the "ToR - Ancient Gate" stage doesn't seem to appear in arcade mode either.

Also there are some characters that I never seem to fight in arcade mode and they are Amy and Rock, so I have no idea what stage they appear in.

Another interesting thing I like to add is that Sophitia seem to appear in the Egyptian Temple stage when I play Cassandra, but she appears in the Throne Room stage for at least 2 other characters that I've played with in arcade mode. I don't know what other exceptions/conditions there are like this for other characters...

Compared to old Soul Caliburs, no at least. You may fight against X on Y scenario, but in example, in SC3, you fought against Cervantes at his ship, against Ivy at her house (mansion), against Sophitia at her temple, against Setsuka at her town, etc.

I think it's important to note that when you make a custom cast character, they have a preset stage designated to them. That could technically be considered their "home" stage.

Back