A tale of souls and swords, eternally retold (SC6 edition)

Ok time for a happy new year post and a :
PREVIOUSLY ON TALES OF SOULS ANS SWORDS...

Wishes for 2019 (SC6 related) :
- More cool DLC characters !
- Give us all the old items and enough new ones in a free thank you SC6 fans pack, or at least justify the price of season pass for franchise
patrons (like me)
- Fix some bugs ie. no more blurry 8bit looking stickers on some parts
- Be able to play with some 8WR friends engaging in casual CAS show-off (with no lag thanks to a better netcode !)
- More great CAS from all of you guys/girls !

And happy a happy new year for you and your loved ones (no i am not talking about you Marsupilamie, geez :) -Houbiiiii :(

Last edited:
Well Cred, If you are patient enough, you can still upload each of your characters, download it, then it will appear in the customize section, then you can free up a slot in the main CAS repository.

So technically, you have 200 slots on consoles, but they are probably other ways to increase this i don't know about.
I ended up creating 350+ characters in 5, but the problem was, i barely even played with most of them...so quantity is not always a blessing.
Does that make sense for you ?

I would recommend reading this article, especially fond of the section below; seems my 2019 wishes have been heard somehow :)

Create-a-Soul DLC
  • The two packs will have over 100 pieces in total.
  • The first set will be a mix of new parts, parts from previous games and parts from past characters.
  • The release of the first pack will be the a primary focus after the 1.1.1 patch drops. No firm release date given, but should be 'soon' after the Jan. patch.
  • The first CaS pack will also include additional BGM tracks from the older games.
  • They will also release some extra CaS parts for free. They haven't figured out the details for this yet, but it is on the cards.

No trolling, this comes from this article here :
http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/ne...balances-changes-in-soul-calibur-6-ver-1.html

So yeah, even 200 CAS slots probably won't be enough :)

But the other slots are not available if you're offline. If the serever are not active you can not access it, at least so and on the console.
At the current time I have 98 characters.
Some are reproductions of yours

But the other slots are not available if you're offline. If the serever are not active you can not access it, at least so and on the console.
At the current time I have 98 characters.
Some are reproductions of yours
I am humbled by your respect for my virtual puppets, post pics of them here if you please, i'd like to see them

Last edited:
SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20190104014545.jpgSOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20190104014618.jpgSOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20190104014721.jpgSOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20190104014736.jpg

Sooner or later I'll copy Ivy Redskins, it's not my priority.
Covering the photos I understood how you made the face of the cannibal, as soon as I can correct it.
I forgot that this is yours too:

Last edited:
Good recreations Cred, apart from a few minor details (i noticed your didn't use the same face presets on Oola and Sabertooth Seung, but probably for Seung because it is not Seung, correct ? Also the eyes on Oola are different...

I will try to post some gameplay vids in the coming days of some of my CAS, i find it really bad that when you do CPU vs CPU fight and they just stand idle sometimes where there is an opening for a CE or something cool, even on hard or really hard, seems like it is poorly programmed, sometimes it can be spectacular, sometimes you just stand there wondering why the hell they are so boring and silly. I had an occurrence where both my T800 just stood there doing nothing for at least 30 seconds, so weird (proably AI bug :) !

In fact I never change the basic characters because I can not vary the proportions of the body or use an appropriate face.
2B is too thin and has a doll's face (right for her, not for what I have in mind), Sophitia is too shapely and is too young a girl's face.

The AI is badly programmed in the normal arcade Grow is hard to beat and Nightmare a panda. I would prefereirei more uniformity (down, this is my first ever beat up beat and it is very difficult to learn for me). And sometimes frustrating.

Last edited:
In fact I never change the basic characters because I can not vary the proportions of the body or use an appropriate face.
2B is too thin and has a doll's face (right for her, not for what I have in mind), Sophitia is too shapely and is too young a girl's face.

Correct, but they also have distinct facial traits which help you immensely when you go for a specific theme or RC, and sometimes changing the haircut on a standard cast char. can help tremendously. Sophitia's face works for my parisian girl because i changed the haircut, one wouldn't think she is a Sophitia 2P anymore, same goes for Ivy with my Catwoman...The face presets, especially for female characters, are very limited, and some standard cast face just look way better, Tira and Seung come to mind. What they did with xianghua with that duckface is horrendous, but i still manage to repair her for my Chocolat OC, using stickers and skin recolor.

The AI is badly programmed in the normal arcade Grow is hard to beat and Nightmare a panda. I would prefereirei more uniformity (down, this is my first ever beat up beat and it is very difficult to learn for me). And sometimes frustrating.

Makes sense, and i might add judging from my first tests vid of my 2 T800 that 2B style crushes Groh's style almost anyday. Too much range and insanely quick combos and juggles.

But in the end, we have to wait for next pack and patches, and i am honestly more than happy with the game and having loads of fun with it (despite spending more time creating and posting than fighting :)...probably 'cause i live by this italian motto : e meglio qualche cosa che niente

Correct, but they also have distinct facial traits which help you immensely when you go for a specific theme or RC, and sometimes changing the haircut on a standard cast char. can help tremendously. Sophitia's face works for my parisian girl because i changed the haircut, one wouldn't think she is a Sophitia 2P anymore, same goes for Ivy with my Catwoman...The face presets, especially for female characters, are very limited, and some standard cast face just look way better, Tira and Seung come to mind. What they did with xianghua with that duckface is horrendous, but i still manage to repair her for my Chocolat OC, using stickers and skin recolor.

Unfortunately, my skills are not so refined.

Makes sense, and i might add judging from my first tests vid of my 2 T800 that 2B style crushes Groh's style almost anyday. Too much range and insanely quick combos and juggles.

But in the end, we have to wait for next pack and patches, and i am honestly more than happy with the game and having loads of fun with it (despite spending more time creating and posting than fighting :)...probably 'cause i live by this italian motto : e meglio qualche cosa che niente

I think the 2B style will definitely be nerfed with the next patch. The communty is already complaining. In fact, I gave up on learning it at the moment, any change at the moment makes the game much more difficult.
With the last patch they have buffed Grow and I get even more fatigue and I do not feel very motivated to learn when I struggle to go on at a normal level.
Actually I think I only play for the editor if it were not for that I think I would have left the game for a while.

I wish I had the time to provide better reviews for your work, but I just gotta jump in with a quick word.

Gaia is fucking incredible. Nobody else can pull off bright neon orange, blue, and green. There's just so much motion in the design. The wreathe stickers, the Sophi laurels, the hair, the Valkyrie armor, and even the weapon all flow upwards to the mini-Earth. I think the water pattern on the underwear is a bit much, but again, that's where our tastes diverge. The P2 Black Gaia is also great for this with the downward flowing hair, makeup, and clothing tears. Excellent work with the oil splotches too. Another superb outfit that works even better as the polar opposite of 1P Healthy Gaia. I'm actually quite surprised about her performance on the latest contest. Maybe because Gaia didn't really fit the contest theme as much. Still another masterpiece in your gallery.

Hi mate, i sure wish you did, but the fact that you are busy as a bee yet still manage to drop more than a few nice words in my thread means a lot to me.
Gaia is a CAS with a message that i thought would be audible by you guys in the US (crazy wildfires every year) or myself in France (deadly floods every year).
I am glad you gave her/them the love she/they deserved, yes I did notice your vote in the contest thread, but i mostly participate because i know you'd want me to, it's fair not to give me any vote considering I (like some others) didn't really create anything specifically for the contest. I think it is okay, i though i deserved at least one vote for my terro zasalamel in the previous bout, but same lack of effort on my behalf applies :)

Thanks for the review, i was quite happy with my bump on the head blank stare back side of earth KO allegory, and the tears. Since then, i found a technique to do blood and mouth tears i am gonna show you as a new quiz question : which sticker did i use for this one

Modesty aside, I am not even close to running out of ideas, even with the current set of items etc., but I am kinda waiting for the the new and supposedly massive CAS pack to land to improve some of my CAS, finish a couple WIPs maybe, recreate some iconic OCs or RCs from 5 (already showcased a couple in this thread), and of course, creating brand new ones.

As of current status, i am around 80 slots used in the unique tab, and 10 or so copied to the customize tab, i will continue doing this to free up more space on unique when i hit the slot limit. That's already a LOT of CAS, and a lot more hours sunk into the game.
I noticed replays of online games are worthless because there is someone over at PS who had the very bright idea to put a green play icon in the middle of the screen and ruin the whole thing, and seemingly impossible to remove (even though you can remove all the rest, great :(

Little bonus CAS for you to scrutinize mate, nothing fancy, just a Seung Witch 4P :

Cheers !

Last edited:
A couple more gameplay show-off vids :

Catfight (featuring new Seung Witchna and guest Velvet training dummy :)
https://xboxclips.com/VILARCANE/9286fd42-a8f5-4c6a-8f0a-f00083f0819e
in the end, Seung Witchna briefly blinks and you can see my custom makeup carries onto the eyelids (you might have to pause the vid tho :)

Seung Maidna vs Zorraph :
https://xboxclips.com/VILARCANE/17eac8e8-0b02-4f7c-9db0-25695823a83a

Duel of the operators :
https://xboxclips.com/VILARCANE/820160bf-1888-435e-991d-188bb806a31d

Fight of the century :) featuring Marsupimaxi (male Marsu alt.)
https://xboxclips.com/VILARCANE/2f4d9846-1eb5-42a7-9910-e8d1797ded7b

Last edited:
Back