A tale of souls and swords, eternally retold (SC6 edition)

wow, liking the changes to Taki, the face is a big improvement, love the colour and makeup. i think that suit is very hard make work on a female character but you made it work for her.

lol, i noticed the "detail" on your cassandra in our fight, it fits the barbaric theme you were going for imo. It makes me realise how impractical a few of the female armour actually is though.

i get what you mean about being bored, i feel it's either CAS or ranked when you played this game. perhaps season 2 will be better paced so we don't have long stretches of nothing new. i'm hoping they'll give us a few more freebies before season 2 hits.

perhaps taking a break make things feel fresh when season 2 drops, for me the monster hunter update will keep me occupied till season 2. anyway i hope it goes well for you, and we can play again in the future.

wow, liking the changes to Taki, the face is a big improvement, love the colour and makeup. i think that suit is very hard make work on a female character but you made it work for her.

lol, i noticed the "detail" on your cassandra in our fight, it fits the barbaric theme you were going for imo. It makes me realise how impractical a few of the female armour actually is though.

i get what you mean about being bored, i feel it's either CAS or ranked when you played this game. perhaps season 2 will be better paced so we don't have long stretches of nothing new. i'm hoping they'll give us a few more freebies before season 2 hits.

perhaps taking a break make things feel fresh when season 2 drops, for me the monster hunter update will keep me occupied till season 2. anyway i hope it goes well for you, and we can play again in the future.

Thanks Wysmash, it was a pleasure watching your skills and some of your best CAS in action, won't forget in the video

Last edited:
Wow, Asari Taki looks spectacular... loving that face tattoo and the flying mind-controlled deathblades. And combined with that outfit she looks like a high caliber Asari ninja soldier.

And Viking Cass looks sexy as hell... and the battle-worn one is pretty clever with that sticker that make it look like a torn cloth. And the blood makes it even better. I'd say... she makes my snake pretty sol-- ok nvm, forget it.

Anyway, i'm currently working on a new male character that i have a feeling you might love. He has 3 different styles with different outfits for each. But it may take a while... as i'm a bit busy with my work atm.

If you want a bit of spoiler... well, he's a manly macho middle-age man with 2 scars on his face and a manly mustache + a cigar. As for the 3 styles i chose for him are Raphael, Cervantes, and Geralt. And i might also give him an alternate look for each outfit. I think this one might be my deepest CAS i've ever done... though i suggest you to keep your expectations low so you won't get disappointed later incase he doesn't look as good as you expected.

Thanks for the mini reviews my friends.
What is cool with Taki is that she sends beams and teleports and i added special weapon effects so the caltrops look like sci-fi ones, it just works ingame.

TG i am impatient to see your new CAS, i consider myself an expert in all kinds of facial and hohum other hair, plus i made cigars, peace pipes, weed and all, so i am sure it'll entertain. The more you work on a CAS, the better it gets, just look first WIP version of my viking CAS and the latest one, a world apart...

gotta go ! have fun !

Here are two 3P, one for CASS and one for TAKI, a lovely little detail might pussibly elude you on CASS...
No ingame pics because i plan on doing a new compil vid some time, because WySmash and I have been having some more friendly CAS showoff rounds. It will take time tho, and i will give him all the credit he deserves for going through the chores of letting me win more often lol :) His advanced specials and combos are quite spectacular to say the least, i managed to do a very cool end of round supercharged CE with CASS on our first fight, total random stroke of luck i must say...

I blend pictures from both CAS because of the opposition of style (and era :)...

I am kinda bored with the game to be honest, i have moved on and have a lot to deal with on the personal side of things, so don't mind if i don't comment or post much from now on, it's been a real pleasure and since Project Soul dug my Kumimistu and Hornet CAS, i can retire in peace and glory lol
I might come back if season 2 has interesting stuff, and if they bring in more stages, but right now i am more into drawing and writing than doing CAS. I still have the book project at the back of my mind, but it would consume an extreme amount of time and energy i just don't have with work and all. Holidays in Denmark were so cool and relaxing, but it already seems ages ago...
Why am i boring the few people still active here with all this idk, but what's done is done :)

CASta la vista, baby !

page bump or asari teleportation :)

It’s ok VC, i understand. I’m also kinda bored with the game too. I actually had stopped playing this game for a few months... and the last few CASs i posted was actually a few months old as i was dealing with personal life too.

It’s just now that i suddenly had a new idea for this new character i’m working on... so i decided to go back to this game again. Though I won’t be able to play much like i used to.

Still, i’m waiting for your return... hopefully season 2 will interest you a bit so i can see your masterwork of CAS again :) CASta la vista... baby!

It’s ok VC, i understand. I’m also kinda bored with the game too. I actually had stopped playing this game for a few months... and the last few CASs i posted was actually a few months old as i was dealing with personal life too.

It’s just now that i suddenly had a new idea for this new character i’m working on... so i decided to go back to this game again. Though I won’t be able to play much like i used to.

Still, i’m waiting for your return... hopefully season 2 will interest you a bit so i can see your masterwork of CAS again :) CASta la vista... baby!

Thanks for the praise and kind words, the last gift for the community (and for WySmash) will be the last CASymphony video i am working on, if you have some cool music bits you think i could use for it, mostly CAS show-off and fighting, let me know, i am looking for cool ideas (not necessarily soul calibur ost geez, i am so tired of all the musics from the CAS editor already, some are great, some are just plain bad and you can't even select the ones you like)

Didn’t sleep well last night so i realized i never ever used one of the race presets, so yup i had one more CAS in me before season 2 rolls out later this year (provided i am buying it). I will use this CAS as a surprise bonus character at the end of the upcoming video, which i’ll try and edit soonish :)

Stay tuned, there is a hint (for what the bonus character might be) hidden in plain sight haha...don’t reveal if you have an idea

Cheers !

Well it’ll be ready soon but i had so many ideas i ended up putting more of my stuff than yours, but i hope you’ll like it. There are more guest/bonus CAS which i am quite proud of, using new techniques and out of the box design thinking. I have finished editing and now it is crunching data and hopefully produce something cool, then i’ll upload it...
In the meantime, have you watched the previous 3, if not check out my vikarcane youtube channel, which is a complete mess because it’s just for fun no monetization :)

Last edited:
Now is the time for the big reveal, let me know what you think here rather than on youtube...
Watch till the end for a big surprise that will hopefully make you feel the nostalgia and emotion i felt creating this guest.
For those who wonder about the first music, it’s the intro from a game which has a special place in my gamers heart called Champions of Norrath, diablo-like ARPG of yore :)

Make sure you select 720p vid quality for optimal experience, crank up the volume, kick back and enjoy the show.

Vil

Last edited:
I should have came here first but i watched it on youtube as i'm subscribed to you. I also left a comment there but i just deleted it since you'd rather have comments here.

The video turned out great, like you said the focus wasn't the fights but the characters. i really liked the effects used in the video, looks like it would take a while to do. I think you showcased my characters well, would love to do this again when season 2 drops.

I really like the extras you added, the inferno and medievil were nice surprises but i didn't expect the predator. He looks spot on to the movie, the way you did the face detail was very impressive, great job.

Btw turns out i already watched a few of your previous vids before, i noticed i had already left a like on the last two, though i don't think i watched the first one before. Lots of great characters in that first video, some I've never seen before. Would have loved to have fought that c'thulhu of yours.

Last edited:
Thanks for the review WS, glad you loved it since you are part of it.
You unintentionally ruined the surprise for rhe guest char. but it’s OK because it means your jaw dropped as intended :)

You can edit the name away maybe while it’s still fresh...

Glad you dug the other vids azwell :) and yes it is a long recording and editing process, we are talking about 10 hours minimum...but my kids really enjoyed all of them and were floored by some of the CAS, including your amazing Phoebee btw.

sorry, didn't realise, i just hid it in a spoiler tag.

i'm glad your kids enjoyed them, maybe i should start sharing the formulas for my characters again, though they don't make it easy to do that lol.

actually i may start doing videos again, your video kinda made me want to do them again.

sorry, didn't realise, i just hid it in a spoiler tag.

i'm glad your kids enjoyed them, maybe i should start sharing the formulas for my characters again, though they don't make it easy to do that lol.

actually i may start doing videos again, your video kinda made me want to do them again.

My kids loled at your obnoxious spongebob, phoebee was instant wow (for me too by the way) and they asked what it meant so explained the pun gladly being quite the joke artist myself :)
The amazon kinda disturbed them in a food way, ya know teenagers, as did your lovely chinese girl with the hair buns :)

I love these compilation videos you do! I wish I had the time/motivation to do my own because we get such a detailed look at your creations since we get to see them in motion. Wonderful characters all around! I especially love your queen bee and shieldmaiden Cassandra. The burnt Amy is a bit unsettling but still the creativity and poignancy are both outstanding.

Really enjoyed this compilation video of all your creations so far, and i love the effect on each characters... also the musics suits them as well. And holy sweet mama... your new characters look so freakin' good! especially those 2 guests... ME and PD (you know who). They both look so bone-chilling scary... and that level of details on them are insane. I love it.

Oh well, farewell VC... hope to see you again next time. Hopefully in season 2 :)

Thanks TG, not completely gone but i appreciate your review.
I am actually sticking around and digging deeper into the guest character #2 lore for another video with a few more surprises...
I'd rather do that than editing the first one...
that'll be one more for HerrKrieg to review since he is lurking and has promised to come by when he's done kicking asses in Tekken...

Then i can rest for a while :)
I still have in my plans to do an artbook, but for that i'll probably have to wait till i have no more inspiration, and if by any chance i get more seasons, it might be a long time before i do...

Oh, i thought you're gonna be taking a break from now on. My apologies. Well in that case, i can't wait for another surprises from you :)

Yeah, HK has been absent for a while now. I wonder what he's been up to... maybe preparing for a big comeback combined with his usual long introduction. lol Wait, he's playing Tekken too? maybe he might find some inspiration from that game... or perhaps just wanna let go of his frustration after a tiring day at work or school. Either way, i eagerly await for his return... and his reviews. lol

Back