A tale of souls and swords, eternally retold...

I gotta say Vil, you got some awesome stuff going here, and I have to admit I'm also in awe of that Vespula. The way you used that helm in conjunction with the other parts to make that wasp head was pretty effin cool. Your other creations are pretty gnarly as well.

I'm a friend of Draco's but haven't made much myself. Always love watching what you guys come up with. Need to get myself a ps3!

I gotta say Vil, you got some awesome stuff going here, and I have to admit I'm also in awe of that Vespula. The way you used that helm in conjunction with the other parts to make that wasp head was pretty effin cool. Your other creations are pretty gnarly as well.

I'm a friend of Draco's but haven't made much myself. Always love watching what you guys come up with. Need to get myself a ps3!

Hi Azuryon, friends of my friends are no enemies of mine !
Comments much appreciated, i will be soon posting videos of Vespula in action (me against CPU), because i tend to do crazy things with Voldo, and the insectoid theme suits Voldo's freak moves (like the praying mantis) better than any other, making it even more creepy...
the other gnarly CAS i am most proud of being this one, of course (bonus pic, experimenting with patchwork ;o)...

c3atz9o9ji6dagkow.jpg

i hope i can catch Le Bello later to start eating his mandibles for snack...hissssss ;o)

Also, i lost a match because i parried a critical edge first blow thinking ok now my turn, just to realize there were two swords thrusts to come after the first one, parried or not (raphael or patroklos style, can't remember).

Le Bello believes it may've been Pyrrha's, as she does s three strike attack for her CE.

Le Bello also believes his Mantis pales in comparison to Vespula, but for now I'm reasonably happy with it. Part of me wants to bring the colours down, but Mantises are known for being bright... Hmm. I'll tweak it later when I get the time I think.

And Space Marine is a BADASS in battle. I enjoyed fighting him.

Well, we had 3 pretty intense and crazy fights with Le Bello, and this time, i got them on tape (sort of !), so i will be recording the replays, do the editing and upload them to youtube...i'll try and post them on both threads (Le Bello's CAS battle thread being the second one).

I (figuratively) caught him off guard once again (he'll tell you that later on for sure)

Always fun to play him, he managed to come back from 2-0 to win 3-2 with his bloody Preying Mantis, before being eaten by...

@Chobek : glad you liked nurse HQ, she has a bicolor bra you know, details...;o)[/quote]

It's all about details...

The Mantis (courtesy of my friend Le Bello for the idea)...
I will upload our battles in HD glory tomorrow...in the meantime, hope you'll enjoy the pics :

the ground work was laid by Vespula, i had to use two balls for the head this time, and ant antennas, used gradient orange, yellowish armor pieces to mimic the claws of the real mantis (same colors), and a touch of yellow green everywhere...like IRL

c3bfwyhzb2va6j7i8.jpg

c3bfzjy0eyihbxigw.jpg

c3bg04ohglziqmfnk.jpg

c3bg0h0bkledybvls.jpg

i like this one : looks like she has got vibrating wings ;o)
c3bg0qx40amxqte4g.jpg

a duel with Vespula !
c3bg101hh2n15oog0.jpg

i have a few nice bonus pics ready for commenters, as always (wink !)

See, Le Bello loves the creepiness of this design. Even in static. Though Le Bello was aiming for a slightly more surreal, even comedic look (Mantises amuse Le Bello) with a dash of creepy, it's clear that that approach didn't work out.

Vilarcane, your mantis design showed my ways of achieving a more striking silhouette. I went for a furled-wings design, but it pales in comparison to yours. The Voodoo Tasset was an inspired choice, and brings the design from "weird superhero" to "my dreams will never be the same again".

You painted it far better then Le Bello managed as well. I started with the bright green that the mantis has, and tried keeping it that way, but making it a bit less of an eyesore. I feel I failed to achieve this, but you've shown me how.

Thanks guys !
The Mantis bows in gratitude :

c3bub21b3m6lr2urp.jpg

I would be happy to share the formula of Mantis (or Wasp) with you guys...that could show the sheer complexity of doing such a CAS (the formula would probably one page long ;o), and maybe help Le Bello get a friend for his reference picture (and mess around with my design to make his own)...i don't know, you tell me, because it will take me at least 1/2h to painstakingly take notes and type ;o)

LET ME KNOW (if i do, all i ask in return is to see pics of your recreations/enhancements posted here !)...
and maybe, if he does me the honour, have Pocky include some of my many CAS in-game pics in one of his comics sometimes, that could be nice with his talent for story telling...

Now the bonus pics, all taken from fights against Le Bello (replay mode is nice for that) :

c3bu87uzesuyp1cn9.jpg

c3bu9i7227egt8qx1.jpg

c3bu9q6lstyggvtj9.jpg

c3bu9z6w64ni1ujid.jpg

A glimpse of Le Bello's mantis, funny we almost did the same thumbnail :

c3bua94t9bl2ph8p1.jpg

no next post will be the real deal ! Le Bello vs Vilarcane

Le Bello vs Vilarcane awesomeness (or bloopers, depending ;o) :

Le Bello has a bad day meeting Alien Space Marine :

Le Bello makes a WTF comeback and wins :

Le Bello male Mantis get eaten by Vil's female Mantis after a close fight (Vil's Mantis got a black/yellow eye out of the fight, notice at the end ;o) :

Che Guevara (Cervy 3P) meets Kamikirimusi in an epic battle :

Comments welcome, took me 1 hour to shoot and edit, and the whole night to upload on frigging slow youtube, all in 720p (if speed issue, 480p in nice too)

See, Le Bello loves the creepiness of this design. Even in static. Though Le Bello was aiming for a slightly more surreal, even comedic look (Mantises amuse Le Bello) with a dash of creepy, it's clear that that approach didn't work out.

Vilarcane, your mantis design showed my ways of achieving a more striking silhouette. I went for a furled-wings design, but it pales in comparison to yours. The Voodoo Tasset was an inspired choice, and brings the design from "weird superhero" to "my dreams will never be the same again".

You painted it far better then Le Bello managed as well. I started with the bright green that the mantis has, and tried keeping it that way, but making it a bit less of an eyesore. I feel I failed to achieve this, but you've shown me how.

thanks, as said i would gladly share the formula (or part of) to help you make your own or to mess with...The voodoo tasset is especially suitable, because it has a little protruding part at the end, like some insect rostrum...and the whole sets looks like an exoskeleton. It is actually the first time i used the full set on a CAS, i found at last (after 82 CAS) a use for the god damn things, outside the obvious ;o)

I'd love to fight some of your characters - they look incredible in battle!
Especially these wonderfully creepy insects you've just made.

thanks HolyCarp, if you own an xbox, my pleasure, but your avatar says PSN, so unless you got both ? if so, i'll gladly add you...

i am waiting eagerly for Le Bello's comments on our battles ;o)

i am still to cross dreadnaught's path as well...

Yeah, I'm afraid I'm only on PSN :(
When I get back on my ps3, I might have to upload videos of my characters in action, as I do enjoy the fighting element as much as the creation.

Sure, same here, we have a lot of fun with friends and Le Bello lately...in private rooms that is !
for xbox users, I forgot to mention that if you have the app installed and type vilarcane in search, you got access to all my videos as well (i tried, works great with HD videos, not bad bit a bit blurry on a HDTV for the others of course)

i will figure out a bonus pic for you, wait up...

Awesome, we got our bug battle request lol.

Great work on the CaS as allways. Sorry Vil about not being on Live recently, work has been a bi*** lately, combined with my oh so wonderful luck with my internet, I havent been able to be on to have our matches yet.

I have though, despite work and all, managed to churn out a few new creations in that time. I updated my thread with them. I did adjust the rest of my CaS by lowering their saturation as well, so they are not as bright as they were before lol.

Back