A tale of souls and swords, eternally retold...

Le Bello, i was seriously just kidding, a lenghty and ever so witty post of yours will quench my thirst for Le Bello's art of words ! Wait up, i will be soon posting a two-faced CAS for your challenge, and on this thread as well...

Le Bello, i was seriously just kidding, a lenghty and ever so witty post of yours will quench my thirst for Le Bello's art of words ! Wait up, i will be soon posting a two-faced CAS for your challenge, and on this thread as well...

Le Bello would've done it too.

more in Le Bello's challenge thread (with full background story), done specifically for him (far from my usual design direction, yet i enjoyed much doing it ;o)

Talim (puppet) doll :

c356wsvsmewzc13cp.jpg

c356y2pcqtq1x1dfd.jpg

c356xo55mkqknwshl.jpg

c356yblakexttxiyh.jpg

c356yyu5p2txl0to9.jpg

c356z85jdq4rgwi0p.jpg

Professionally, I must refrain from having an opinion. Unprofessionally, LE BELLO BLOODY LOVES IT.

InCREDible work. Especially the puppet-handle, that's just... Genius! Intensely creepy, even in restored form.

Thanks Le Bello, goes right to my heart (hmm the 3 i got above my head ;o).
I hoped that kind of work would strike a chord in you, hence i try to give my best to make it creepy colourful ;o)

Using the sun sticker as a porcelaine puppet face was my first idea, then i thought, why not try my luck with a puppet handle (positioning the devil tails to do the strings was some kind of ordeal though, as you can imagine ;o)

I did my first background story too, so i hope this was all well worth 2nd place or better ;o)

Let us see what you think of the rest of my gallery then...

let us finish with a few bonus pics for you :

without puppet-handle concept
c35bfswntdyev8zzt.jpg

with puppet-handle (oil painting style) :

c35bq1k9if38y3xo9.jpg

Thumbnail :
c35bivyfm7feffo6x.jpg

So, you wanna play ? (technically, hit girl says this, but since it is an actual quote in the game ;o)
Joke character, but not a joke at all to do, is it a Kick-CAS ?

c362af3vp7ukqhhyx.jpg

c365d0d4m1kg48fa9.jpg

c362cy33gd9q9mn21.jpg

c362d71uc7uzbk27t.jpg

OH. MY. I'M NOT EVEN DEVOUT. GOD.

Perfection. Brilliant film, brilliant character, brilliant CaS. I love you.

And we shall see what position the puppet places! Do ho ho!

The handle-less bonus picture will forever stalk Le Bello while he sleeps, you monster! It's terrifically terrifying!
The story was excellent too, full of tragedy and hopelessness, but with a bittersweet ending. The breaking of a character, before restoring a fraction of it's humanity, is something Le Bello finds myself enjoying a lot recently, and I used to hold A Song of Ice and Fire accountable, but now I blame you.

And I'm still writing my reviews of your CaSs, though they're not as well-worded as I'd have liked. I've also noticed just how much your work has improved as you've gone on, so it's been interesting to see.

i was feeling a bit emptied by the creation of talim and kick-cas, and troubled by the lack of feedback (so much going on the forum i guess)...then your post pleased me immensely. thank you.

I have seen your work, you already have a creative mind a a solid mastery of the tool, all you need is more originality in your originals ;o) and maybe more patterns and stickers...you show promise...

the more i play with my Talim doll (using Tira), the more i like her...i was playing her against Tira in arcade mode, she just makes the original Tira costumes look plain and boring ;o)
i am trying to get to max level (currently 70) with my CAS, and i noticed i could take much better in-game pictures of end of battle stances using that mode, so i might post a few additional in-game craziness of my best CAS sometimes soon...

Where the hell is my friend Le Bello and his ACME wonder review, full of alliterations and iterations ? ;o)

Now this is a teaser (chalk sketch and preparatory work) for my Voldo P3.

I waited a lot to find out what i could do with him that would stand out as much as his first two costumes, which are admittedly the best of his whole career (especially P2), so i went extra lenghts to figure out how to try and best them, while retaining the insectoid theme of the first costume...
Why, because Voldo is nimble, flexible, can twist his body into impossible stances...hence the original idea

c391d6osumr0xk20c.bmp

be posting pics soon, and i hope you will be as happy with it as i am !

Then, on to Voldo 3P aka Vespula :
I will post mostly in-game pics because (at least i think) they are so cool...this CAS took me quite a while to execute, but is so much fun to play with...

You may ask why i continue posting new CAS when i have no slots left (now at almost 80 CAS and variants total).
No, i am not ditching them...but i found out i could activate cloud storage and get a few more slots out of Cloud storage (great idea on xbox, dunno about PS3 !)

c399zq23q01h1t50k.jpg

c39a0p9yzh3dz3kx0.jpg

c39a0zqk1bzkghktg.jpg

c39a17or6s5xmz63o.jpg

c39a1h0kjroazlztw.jpg

c39a1vie0qdfgmyec.jpg

bzzzzzz....

Le Bello now has more work to review, so i hope Le Bello's headache doesn't sting anymore ;o)

Comments welcome to keep me going...

...also, for those who wanna try their luck, slideshow updated with better music and latest CAS...very relaxing ;o)

Why is it so hard to come across amazing CaS such as these while playing online T-T.

Don't get me wrong, I have run into some pretty amazing creations over the course of my play time, but those are to far and to few than what I would like to see.

The rest of them look like the player hit random all and said "okay, thats good", or its the traditional, raccoon tail down by the crotch or other various "humorous" CaS people created, the bad kind. Or, because of said player's "humor", their CaS has been censored, leaving me viewing the default character. Though I'd rather have "raccoon groin" over a censored CaS, that way I know what I'm breaking off. >:)

I'm not amazing using the CaS system, definitely not on the level these are, but I try my best to make decent-to-good CaS.

Then, on to Voldo 3P aka Vespula :
I will post mostly in-game pics because (at least i think) they are so cool...this CAS took me quite a while to execute, but is so much fun to play with...

You may ask why i continue posting new CAS when i have no slots left (now at almost 80 CAS and variants total).
No, i am not ditching them...but i found out i could activate cloud storage and get a few more slots out of Cloud storage (great idea on xbox, dunno about PS3 !)

c399zq23q01h1t50k.jpg

c39a0p9yzh3dz3kx0.jpg

c39a0zqk1bzkghktg.jpg

c39a17or6s5xmz63o.jpg

c39a1h0kjroazlztw.jpg

c39a1vie0qdfgmyec.jpg

bzzzzzz....

Le Bello now has more work to review, so i hope Le Bello's headache doesn't sting anymore ;o)

Comments welcome to keep me going...

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.

Very interesting post dreadnaught, i play rarely online on SC5, but i have played against some friend's CAS and other random work, and i completely understand what you mean...
it hurts me just as much as you to see how much bad taste some guys can pack in a single half-assed attempt...

I feel you, so, if you are lucky enough to be on xbox360, i'd gladly show you some of my stuff in a private room some time...

About making your CAS, practice is of the essence, i made huge progress in my command of the editor overtime, as Le Bello pointed out very nicely in a previous post...practice makes perfect, what is important is to get fresh ideas and "mess around"...but it takes time, a lot of time, ask Chobek, Draco, Gabe, Matty, Rdmunhoz, they will probably tell you the same...
making a CAS like Vespula can take several hours, from design to final version.

See u

Back