A tale of souls and swords, eternally retold...

Repetition with a competitive drive is key. That being said and sorry if this makes me sound narcissistic, I actually managed to beat her as Natsu to Natsu(though I did struggle a little since she murdered my guard gauge). What orangeislands has over me is a bit more in depth knowledge than me as Natsu, but sometimes she doesn't capitalize on where my weak spots are and pounds away blindly.

Sometimes I catch her doing certain moves where I can read what she'll do next and get free punishes. There are also times that she kind of stands there and that's usually when I try something risky aggressive and get away with it.

Hence why I start off as a turtle to get a feel of where I can take advantage of one's offense and eradicate them slowly in the mind. If she catches where I set up, I know she'll give me a more of a hard time as I do make honest mistakes she murders me greatly for. Natsu is capable of doing that since she is pretty good in this game.

That aside, I usually fight some stunning Natsu customs with right amount of fashion in them. Although she seems to like the autumn themed ones a lot....which I do not mind. Maybe I should transfer my DLC free CAS to my alt so I too can be as fashionable as everyone else.

Oh college, why you take you take up all my money to the point where I can't afford XBL for my real profile? ^^;

Hey Bruce, thanks...
Deadmaus...well, that is a good idea, and wouldn't present too much of a challenge (i got a good mental image of it). And yes, the motorcycle could be a good idea, using the visor as the mouth, but it might be possible with the meow suit as well with a little bit of sticker work.

Nothing seems impossible to me now, after all those years (yeah, years :o) doing CAS, i just don't have the time nor big interest anymore. My soul is slowly fading away to new games.
And talking about music, you know which one has caught my interest lately ?

I am playing Brütal Legend, a hidden gem for metal fans (which i am not, but i am slowly getting into it because my son plays electro guitar in a band with kids, and because some of the songs in this game are just so catchy).
It is one of those unique games (Tim Schafer's touch) with a soul and love behind it, a bit like my CAS.
It reminds me fondly of Full Throttle back then on PC :o)

Cheers, and happy summer holidays to all of you !

Repetition with a competitive drive is key. That being said and sorry if this makes me sound narcissistic, I actually managed to beat her as Natsu to Natsu(though I did struggle a little since she murdered my guard gauge). What orangeislands has over me is a bit more in depth knowledge than me as Natsu, but sometimes she doesn't capitalize on where my weak spots are and pounds away blindly.

Sometimes I catch her doing certain moves where I can read what she'll do next and get free punishes. There are also times that she kind of stands there and that's usually when I try something risky aggressive and get away with it.

Hence why I start off as a turtle to get a feel of where I can take advantage of one's offense and eradicate them slowly in the mind. If she catches where I set up, I know she'll give me a more of a hard time as I do make honest mistakes she murders me greatly for. Natsu is capable of doing that since she is pretty good in this game.

That aside, I usually fight some stunning Natsu customs with right amount of fashion in them. Although she seems to like the autumn themed ones a lot....which I do not mind. Maybe I should transfer my DLC free CAS to my alt so I too can be as fashionable as everyone else.

Oh college, why you take you take up all my money to the point where I can't afford XBL for my real profile? ^^;

Yes, I noticed Rachel kind of froze in tight end of round mindgames with very little life on each side, and i don't think this was holding back, more...trying to outmanoeuver me and sometimes i just won the round with a low kick or other gimmick.

I expected her to come here and share here feelings about our latest and extensive CAS show-off session and fun fights, but well...she must busy creating and competing i guess, honing those Natsu and CAS artist skills :)

Yes I happen to make a lot of mistakes while fighting competitively, I use moves that are punishable (force of bad habit I guess) but their are sometimes when my head is really in the game & I actually do good somehow. XD I guess I just get distracted by how cool your Yoshi looks or something, hahaha.

Yes I happen to make a lot of mistakes while fighting competitively, I use moves that are punishable (force of bad habit I guess) but their are sometimes when my head is really in the game & I actually do good somehow. XD I guess I just get distracted by how cool your Yoshi looks or something, hahaha.

In general, Natsu has an advantage over Yoshi up close. Sure Yoshi got iMCF(shiny nut punch), but more often I usually prefer to turtle, space, and zone you. Another thing is paying attention to what moves I do that trip you up.

Once you pay close attantion to what kills you and find out how to stop it, Yoshi as a character will have to struggle against Natsu. The only thing I have over you is basic poking to pressure and get you where I want you. Stop those and I usually go for drastic measures you can exploit and punish because Natsu is good in this game. Imho.

In general, Natsu has an advantage over Yoshi up close. Sure Yoshi got iMCF(shiny nut punch), but more often I usually prefer to turtle, space, and zone you. Another thing is paying attention to what moves I do that trip you up.

Once you pay close attantion to what kills you and find out how to stop it, Yoshi as a character will have to struggle against Natsu. The only thing I have over you is basic poking to pressure and get you where I want you. Stop those and I usually go for drastic measures you can exploit and punish because Natsu is good in this game. Imho.

Well if I keep up the practice maybe one day our skills will be a bit more evenly matched, although I Have a basic understanding of the game & how it works I still need a lot more experience in the field. You did give some helpful tips though! (Lol at shiny nut punch x'D... Just frames just look so badass.) Anyways it's nice to see when higher ranking players throw an informative bone to weaker fighters such as myself, the simple act of kindness is something every player can appreciate.

Well if I keep up the practice maybe one day our skills will be a bit more evenly matched, although I Have a basic understanding of the game & how it works I still need a lot more experience in the field. You did give some helpful tips though! (Lol at shiny nut punch x'D... Just frames just look so badass.) Anyways it's nice to see when higher ranking players throw an informative bone to weaker fighters such as myself, the simple act of kindness is something every player can appreciate.

I still have stuff to improve on myself as my friend UltimateChaff66 can smoke all my mains, but it's usually fun to play him to improve and he teaches me a few things as I go along. Finding peeps like those give you the best drive to improve. Provided you're willing to get better.

Anyways as I mentioned on another thread, I may need to join you and VILARCANE for some fashionable posing to show some pics. Before that, I'll need to copy and paste my DLC free CAS to my alt. It'll be a tedious task, but at least it isn't daunting like doing Alegebra.

I still have stuff to improve on myself as my friend UltimateChaff66 can smoke all my mains, but it's usually fun to play him to improve and he teaches me a few things as I go along. Finding peeps like those give you the best drive to improve. Provided you're willing to get better.

Anyways as I mentioned on another thread, I may need to join you and VILARCANE for some fashionable posing to show some pics. Before that, I'll need to copy and paste my DLC free CAS to my alt. It'll be a tedious task, but at least it isn't daunting like doing Alegebra.
Yes ultimatechaff seemed like a mighty fighter, & algebra does suck don't even get me started on that. Your suggestion does sounds nice however, hopefully we can all find a time when we are all online... It sucks having limited internet lol

Sorry, but the best of all fighters is Lil Vil, ranked 8 (years old), little by size yet great by cunning and aggro.
This is a special tribute video for Natsu lovers like you Rachel.

A true / not staged fight of the (different) ages, no holds barred, but where PockyYoshi (aka Kokoyoshi) showed some sense of chivalry by chosing a very obnoxious fighting style (at least to him) to even the odds.
Still an achievement from LV if you ask me :)

We all love that video right, so it is time to show Rachel that she is not the only one using caltrops, Lil Vil actually discovered this silly move in the game (i did not even know its existence) :P

This video has more hits than gangnam style (* : among 8wayrunners)

:sc2ass2: Lil Vil is using Natsu white Ninja 3P from daddy, daddy is proud !

2 slideshows before going on vacation :

1- Pimp my sorry CAS :
http://www.photosnack.com/ADA6EFAD75E/ptcj4kku

Yes it is a pun :P, basically a repository of my recolors. I only did a few to show how i think it should be done...the art direction i took is simple :to turn the weakest of the standard cast with what i think are the dullest of color palettes to great CAS, leveraging on otherwise great and unique costumes that need alternate colors to maximize their wow effect on-screen.
Hence the title :)

The intent being this slideshow is to be like a rythm game, so even if this is an auto slideshow after you start it, i'd advise you to click your way forward each time your hear the bell tune ring in the song...you'll get what i mean when you hear the music, atune to Frost's "enslaved" for added emotion viewing the slideshow.

2-Get Lucky :
http://www.photosnack.com/ADA6EFAD75E/ptp8v339

I couldn't resist, just a gimmicky editor's choice of the best pics for you robot punk fans out there :)
Same here, click in rythm, be funky or just let it roll auto and enjoy the cool music !

bump...
2 slideshows before going on vacation :

1- Pimp my sorry CAS :
http://www.photosnack.com/ADA6EFAD75E/ptcj4kku

Yes it is a pun :P, basically a repository of my recolors. I only did a few to show how i think it should be done...the art direction i took is simple :to turn the weakest of the standard cast with what i think are the dullest of color palettes to great CAS, leveraging on otherwise great and unique costumes that need alternate colors to maximize their wow effect on-screen.
Hence the title :)

The intent being this slideshow is to be like a rythm game, so even if this is an auto slideshow after you start it, i'd advise you to click your way forward each time your hear the bell tune ring in the song...you'll get what i mean when you hear the music, atune to Frost's "enslaved" for added emotion viewing the slideshow.

2-Get Lucky :
http://www.photosnack.com/ADA6EFAD75E/ptp8v339

I couldn't resist, just a gimmicky editor's choice of the best pics for you robot punk fans out there :)
Same here, click in rythm, be funky or just let it roll auto and enjoy the cool music

Yes, I noticed Rachel kind of froze in tight end of round mindgames with very little life on each side, and i don't think this was holding back, more...trying to outmanoeuver me and sometimes i just won the round with a low kick or other gimmick.

I expected her to come here and share here feelings about our latest and extensive CAS show-off session and fun fights, but well...she must busy creating and competing i guess, honing those Natsu and CAS artist skills :)

My god I am sorry I just now read this, although my reply is late here it is :D I have lots of fun fighting you! I get to do cool looking moves while I get to enjoy how mine & your CaS look. All the taunting we do is crazy & the fighting is very non stressful (It's nice to take a break after fighting A1's all day :p) All together the experience is very pleasant!

Sorry, but the best of all fighters is Lil Vil, ranked 8 (years old), little by size yet great by cunning and aggro.
This is a special tribute video for Natsu lovers like you Rachel.

A true / not staged fight of the (different) ages, no holds barred, but where PockyYoshi (aka Kokoyoshi) showed some sense of chivalry by chosing a very obnoxious fighting style (at least to him) to even the odds.
Still an achievement from LV if you ask me :)

We all love that video right, so it is time to show Rachel that she is not the only one using caltrops, Lil Vil actually discovered this silly move in the game (i did not even know its existence) :P

This video has more hits than gangnam style (* : among 8wayrunners)

:sc2ass2: Lil Vil is using Natsu white Ninja 3P from daddy, daddy is proud !

AN 8 YEAR OLD WAS DOING THIS? O.O Wow your kiddo sure does have good potential, make the youngster go to training mode for a good two hours everyday & instead of school work have them study frame data... Nah don't do that XD

Back