Aeon General Discussion / Q&A

i have a stupid question, dose this character have anything special to him? i mean aPat got his just frames, Hilde got her charged moves, voldo has his crazy stances, asteroth his throws... everyone has something special, what about aeon?

Important question: I am on an awful losing streak all of a sudden as Aeon. Between lag and slow start up attacks I am having great difficulty against spammy players, usually using Raphael and Natsu. I can dodge their verticals and punish, but I always end up finding myself quickly on the defensive, under assault by quick mid-As and low Bs and I cannot even find an opening to counter, all his option (I use atleast) have too long of a wind-up and I just get destroyed everytime. Any tactics to help me here?

i have a stupid question, dose this character have anything special to him? i mean aPat got his just frames, Hilde got her charged moves, voldo has his crazy stances, asteroth his throws... everyone has something special, what about aeon?

One of the reason's Aeon is moving towards low tier is for this reason. The one thing "special" about him was supposed to be his flight stance. However, they clearly rushed this game, and his stance has only one non-meter move, an obvious sign of either incompetent and sloppy design, or rushed design. I think it's the latter. I doubt they make character designs so well on the Alexanders only to mess up this badly on another.

He does have an above average guard break game, but that isn't "special."

i would not mind that he has nothing special, but looking up his frame data and combos, this guy got nothing, all good moves are unsafe, he has no great combos. i dont know, i started to like him, but i also dont want to play the worst character xD

Important question: I am on an awful losing streak all of a sudden as Aeon. Between lag and slow start up attacks I am having great difficulty against spammy players, usually using Raphael and Natsu. I can dodge their verticals and punish, but I always end up finding myself quickly on the defensive, under assault by quick mid-As and low Bs and I cannot even find an opening to counter, all his option (I use atleast) have too long of a wind-up and I just get destroyed everytime. Any tactics to help me here?

His 2A is one of the better ones in this game, use that to gain the advantage. 6A is also a really nice poke

In general I think he has some of the best horizontal pokes out there. His 66A is still fantastic, 6A is greaaat in footsie battles and gives LOTS of advantage, 1A is shockingly safe given it's range (-15 really isn't that bad when you consider how much space it covers), his 3B has got to be one of the best 3B's in the game (really, this move is alone is just about the only vertical you need, really. go play around with it.), 3K appears to be anti-step to some degree (need to test further) and I think he has some crazy strong TJ tools that stand apart. (9K to combo, 8B+K, 4B+K) He definitely has no trouble getting in. And between 3B/A+G/214B+G, he has a serious strong mixup that covers step, both button breaks, high damage command grab without meter (this is important!) and all options deal pretty high damage. (66-99 with CE, 55, 60)

I also think there's a practicallity to FLY that people are overlooking- FLY K is super, super hit confirmable. You have pretty much forever after any move that puts him in FLY stance to press the K. FLY sucks, yes, I agree but we have to live with it for now, and it's not unusable. 66B, FLY K hurts so bad and if they step 66B to punish FLY K (remember, can't be interrupted) and you don't do anything they lose out on a real punish, and if they don't step and you make them block FLY K, they get pushed out hilarious amounts in open field and they take some really, really high guard burst.

I think Aeon still has a lot more to discover. He's definitely not top tier and probably in most need of buffing if we're speaking objectivly, but I think there's still power here. (For now.) I'm repping him locally and frankly he does just as well, if not better, then my Algol, and I'm not slouching in this game at all.

fuck, he is dragon, he is awesome!
though balance in sc5 makes me sad(

Alright guys everyone playing Aeon fill me in if I'm wrong.

He basically feels like a very close range mini-Asta. Not as powerful, not as "rangey".
He has weird spacing moves, that I am not sure what to follow with seeing as it seems his BEST moves are all super close range. So the idea is to put weird mix up close range pressure in and land a combo out of it.

So far I am working with it, BUT I do NOT know what to follow with after a rising A.
It puts the opponent in back turn stance OUT of range of basically all of his moves, EXCEPT the really bad ones. The only ones that seem even remotely responsible to use are 4B+K or 9B+K. I may try 66 A+B to see if that works. I was trying 33K but it seems too slow. 6K seems like may reach and be good for guard break pressure. But again SLOW.

Other than that it seems all of his WR moves are pretty good and lead to good moves after. WR K leads to Lizard death roll. WR B leads to juggle combos.

I see a lot of people complaining, but it seems his game is low-high, close range, mix up and then punish based on what you land. Definitely try to add damage after 66B with dragon breath at the end of combos.

As far as what makes him special I would NOT call stances or throws special in SC seeing as how most characters have them just in different amounts. Aeon DOES have 2 command throws in 236 B+G and 44K. And he has a lot of ways to get the opponent face forward in that position. 9B+K, WR K, 33K, 22AB just to name the obvious ones of the top my head. That may not be all.

Stay in close and mix up as much as possible. Train the opponent and punish them with combos and guard break and Lizard death roll throws.

But what do I do after WR A?

The "graph" icon on the select screen would make it seem like Aeon is one of the more well-rounded characters in the cast, but I've found it's quite the opposite. Aeon's movement might be quicker than average, but his attacks come out slowly and his best option is usually to press into a guard crush.

Right now my favorite move is 6K and/or 6[K]. The latter is useful when applying lots of pressure and your opponent has been conditioned to block an incoming 66K or 66B-fly-K. The only problem I find to his guard crush game is that his combo options are limited and most of them only work off of a CH.

He could be the "worst" character in the cast, but he's not like Yoda from SCIV where he has absolutely no tools whatsoever and the only reason to choose him is to be a troll. He definitely needs buffs.

FYI I've actually been using 9B after the roll bounce to end combos. I was trying 9B+K but it whiffs occasionally. 9B is EXTREMELY forgiving on timing as it hits grounded opponents.
I've been trying to 9B after a hit WR A as well. It bridges that gap and is powerful towards G crush if blocked. 66A+B can be too easily stepped.

ALSO! after 3B-66K I have been going for the 44K. If they try to roll or do not get up you get the throw. Not sure if it combos but it's good wake up after that combo I think. Still need to try it out.

If no one has noticed yet, 9B+K whiff or long distance puts you in crouch. Use it to bridge gaps and go for lows and WR moves methinks. I've been using it after knock downs to get closer and in auto crouch to start doing lows or WR again.
It seems instead of Lizard Crawl they just gave Aeon a good low attack/WR game with better distance closers.

11B puts in FC as well

Is A+B~K fast enough that they can't step it after WS A? How about 4B+K?

Speaking of, 4B+K is pretty solid. Good range, tech crouch, tech jump, decent advantage on hit. Safe on block. A good distance closer and the ~G version knocks down and ROs as well. Only weakness really is that it's linear, but you use it from roughly the same range as 66A, so as long as you're using that to keep step in check you should be good. You can always use the ~G version too to make it awkward to punish.

Has anyone found a use for B+K or is is really just the crappy move it seems like it is?

The problem with fly-K after a WS A is that some characters' BT B+K moves can hit him out of fly before the K comes out. Generally I follow up a WS A with 66K or 6[K], depending on how scared my opponent is to press buttons.

Forgive me if this is old news, but I just realized that if you bounce back off a 8_9B+K (on guard or on hit) you can FLY K or FLY BE.

Forgive me if this is old news, but I just realized that if you bounce back off a 8_9B+K (on guard or on hit) you can FLY K or FLY BE.
I have been abusing this lol.

Is their anyway to combo off of his 6B BE other than turn around A, B or K? I can't even do BT B+K when the fly into the wall right behind me to keep them closer.

I have been abusing this lol.

Is their anyway to combo off of his 6B BE other than turn around A, B or K? I can't even do BT B+K when the fly into the wall right behind me to keep them closer.

Check the combo thread. I've been using:

6b$ - g - 4b+kG has anyone else tried this one? It's hit-or-miss for me.
6b$ - g - 66B (timing is strict)
6b$ - g - 22_88B

I've noticed Sand Winger BE to :K: is very useful if they block your initial attack that put you in Sand Winger.
:4::B: is a nifty quick attack that lets you get in the hit before the other player.

Back