Aeon General Discussion / Q&A

So I've been playing Aeon lately and I have to say that it's been a total blast so far (the rage I'm causing is a nice bonus too lol).

Partisan and Heaton discussing Aeon in chat is the main reason why I decided to give this guy a spin again online. I'm at risk of some extent of conversion, and am totally okay with that.

I'm trying to get used to Aeon but landing hits is hella hard I feel like and I play more of my Raph so any pointers also anyone can give me Aeon mirrors on PSN later?

Aeon seems to have a much better match-up against Mitsu. Coming from using Maxi I love when I run into Mitsus because it's often an easy win. Sort of like when I run into a Natsu with Maxi XD that 66A just totally shuts down any spacing or 4Bs he might have planned.

I had a question with Aeon in a Natsu match-up. Is he just bad against her? Maybe I'm reliant on Maxi's 6A+B but Natsu has so many tech crouch moves and I feel like Aeon lacks a good, quick mid like Maxi has.

aeon tc moves-
1b, 1b be, 4b+k, 11b, 11k, 22a, other things i probably have neglected to mention.

he's not hurting for tc stuff.

So I looked at my EVO pool today and I found out that if I win my first match I get to play Ryujin. FML.

I'm planning on running Aeon all the way through though (probably all 2 or 3 matches XP)

Ryujin is a dude like any other. When I lived in MI he was one of my training partners. Don't mythologize him, just play him. Trust: when I left MI, no one else has played lizard there. :)

aeon tc moves-
1b, 1b be, 4b+k, 11b, 11k, 22a, other things i probably have neglected to mention.

he's not hurting for tc stuff.

Yeah, he has good TC moves. What I especially like about his TCing moves is that he's already so hunched over that some of his TC moves are hard to tell they TC unless someone knows the match-up well.

But I wish he had some fast, maybe semi-tracking mid. I don't like whoring out his B and his 6B has really short range and no damage.

4K is a bit on the short side in terms of range but has good frames and is generally a good stand-in for the generic BB that he lacks. He also has a good generic 2B.

also 66A

11K and 2K have worked pretty well for me. I actually use 66B a lot against roll-happy people because it tracks surprisingly well and hits them for pretty heavy damage regardless of which direction they were rolling, discourages them from rolling pretty quickly lol. 44BAA hits front/back rollers and gives you more ukizeme options. IDK if these are what you're supposed to use but they've worked pretty well for me.

11K and 2K have worked pretty well for me. I actually use 66B a lot against roll-happy people because it tracks surprisingly well and hits them for pretty heavy damage regardless of which direction they were rolling, discourages them from rolling pretty quickly lol. 44BAA hits front/back rollers and gives you more ukizeme options. IDK if these are what you're supposed to use but they've worked pretty well for me.
Everything he said but add in 33K. Conditions people to start standing up immediately because the animation is so long. Makes landing grabs easier.

My Oki-
2B, 2K as safe options to cover mid/low/roll/otg when i'm not too sure what they'll do
throw/3b/1k if i know they'll get up
66b/11k if I'm feeling real saucy, 66b ruins tons of roll options and forces the SW K step/no step guess

Back