Aeon General Discussion / Q&A

Coo'. Can you do that and give pointers on the Siegfried matchup as well? SBH makes me nervous.

Aye Aye. It's actually one of the matchups I'm the most familiar with if not the most thanks to Pyrozamfir.
It's also one of the hardest matchup for Aeon in my opinion.

Siegfried counters your best shit effectively if played carefully, for example:

-SBH. That's nothing surprising: A permanent protection from any horizontal attacks that leads into 110 dmg with meter. Of course this shuts down 66A. Furthermore, Siegfried is a spacing character so it's tempting to rush in and 66A his dancing ass. Your best bet against it is to not do anything careless then if he gets too predictable with it just rush in with 66B or 66A+B (safer), or flat 3B. Careful cause if timed right SBH will also beat throws for "half life".

-3B/WRB. It's not really a weakness of yours but it can launch you for backstepping, so he will use it and I'll tell you what to do about it: On block 22AB will beat all of his immediate attacking options and will almost always CH. He can still use a direction to realign himself before attacking or block or worse, go into SBH, but when he does this, 3B will punish him before he can do anything else. Usually I use sidestep 3B cause the risk reward is in your favor anyway. Getting hit by SCH A is no big deal really. Also if you're next to the edge or wall when blocking 3B/WRB I wouldn't recommend doing anything as SCH K will track you. If he's next to the edge while you block it 66K will ring him out if he does anything else than SCH K.

-Duck punishment. Throwing is a very important part of being effective with Aeon, and Sieggy punishes them hard with
WRB. Be careful to place your throws properly against him. He also gets W! and RO's from quite a
distance in front of him with SCH K$, aGa combo, so be very carful. He also punishes moves like
1K, 11K, and especially WR AB with it.

-Ring-outs. Aeon loves to have his back not right against the edge but a bit farther from it to abuse sneaky RO's. Thing is,
that's the exact place Siegfried wants you for his long range front RO's. So be careful being too obvious and
having your 1B$ stepped there.

This matchup is very winnable, but I'd say it's 6/4 in Sieg's favor to be generous. Because he has more counters to your shit than you have to his. So the best way to prevail in this matchup is to capitalize on Siegfried's mistakes. It is quite easy to make Siegfried whiff, for example. And once he does, he is sooo open. (Unless it's aGa) But 4B+K beats that with a little Yomi. A fine example of this is that you can make him whiff 22A a tip range and launch punish with 3B. You can also make him whiff after his frame traps by backstepping/sidestepping. Also, in your face he does not have anything fast that's scary. So well placed quick attacks at disadvantage can result in damaging counter hits. Just watch out not to abuse 2A.

So that's pretty much it for now. If I forgotten some stuff I will add later or feel free to remind me. It's 7/3, really.

I asked this in the Tira board when getting into that character a while back and now that I've decided to take on maining Aeon (which has been very rewarding thus far) I'll ask it here as well. Guard Impacting is still really big part of my gameplay and seeing as LM doesn't have an aGI of his own, what would be the best way to capitalize on a normal GI, and Guard Breaks for that matter?

If I have meter, 1b* 44BAA is my goto, but I'd prefer the attack to be meterless if possible so I can implement it earlier in the match. Thanks :)

Guard Impacting is still really big part of my gameplay and seeing as LM doesn't have an aGI of his own, what would be the best way to capitalize on a normal GI, and Guard Breaks for that matter?

If I have meter, 1b* 44BAA is my goto, but I'd prefer the attack to be meterless if possible so I can implement it earlier in the match. Thanks :)
3B, 66K is probably your fastest option after a GI, while 66BK has a little more damage and range for the trade-off of poor oki. If anticipating a counter-GI or after a Guard Break, you could try 33_99B, BT B+K (slight delay), 44BAA.

Actually I can't confirm this right now, but I'm pretty sure 33/99B, G, 44BAA is stronger and
easier than 33/99B, BT B+K, 44BAA.
33B → BT B+K → 8B+K → 44BAA is about 96~99 damage (it varies), but 33B → G → 44BAA is only about 70. The simpler combo is much easier though, because for the other one 33B can't hit too close or BT B+K won't work.

That's not the combo I said though. I talked about 33B_BT B+K_44BAA. The one that Wyde said. I think it's weaker than just 33B_G_44BAA, because on that one you get the fall damage. Test it.

Thanks for the advice so far everyone.

33B BT B+K 44BAA seems to do about 2-5 more damage (unknown factors....) for me on average than
33B G 44BAA but at a 90% higher fail rate. It's probably just me, but if 33B BT B+K 44BAA isn't executed perfectly and with the right spacing and angles, the opponent can air control out of it, or just end up blocking the last string entirely. I've yet to fail the 33B G 44BAA execution, so.... Either way I've not landed either on a guard break, and that should probably be step 1.

And 33B BT B+K 8B+K 44BAA is a thing?! I haven't even gotten close to successfully landing it so far. Is the 8B+K highly time sensitive, well... as much as BT B+K?

Thanks for the advice so far everyone.

And 33B BT B+K 8B+K 44BAA is a thing?! I haven't even gotten close to successfully landing it so far. Is the 8B+K highly time sensitive, well... as much as BT B+K?

It's worse, because you have to time the BT B+K perfectly and place the 33B at a perfect angle and distance for the whole thing to work. In other words it's inconsistent. It's very gratifying to land it though and looks badass as hell. It's also Aeon's strongest non CE/W! combo and it requires no meter.

It's worse, because you have to time the BT B+K perfectly and place the 33B at a perfect angle and distance for the wohle thing to work. In other words it's inconsistent. It's very gratifing to land it though and looks badass as hell. It's also Aeon's strongest non CE/W! combo and it requires no meter.

I see. I just managed to pull it off a few times, finally. I wouldn't mind the timing(that you could get down with practice, like iGDR), but with how the positioning plays a factor I can't imagine actually trying in a real battle. I just wish that so many of his coolest potential combos weren't so.....off. I guess they're saving that meterless damage for Cervy lol. Luckily there's plenty of other things to like about the character, so I can get over it.

Just look at that smile. Who could stay mad at that face after being rung out halfway across the field :).

It's very inconsistent. You either have to hit someone perfectly from up front, or off-axis slightly to the right.

BT B+K in an combo causes me to throw my controller sometimes. If you're near a wall, off angle, if the opponent is a big character or a small character, if the moon is full, if there's a mosquito buzzing around, if I had eggs and bacon for breakfast and not cereal and toast, it can just simply not connect.

Stick with the simple and reliable and you'll prosper in the long run.

It's pretty consistent after WR B unless you caught them stepping or something. But you actually have to watch the animation to time your BT B+K properly. It isn't a muscle memory thing.

It hardly ever drops for no reason after WR B, it's just that the timing is ridiculously inconsistent. Watching the animation helps a little, but it still feels like a crapshoot most of the time.

How has Aeon done tierwise throughout the series, anyways?
He's been getting less Sophitia-esque as time has gone on, but I've always imagined Sophitia to be a high tier character.

How has Aeon done tierwise throughout the series, anyways?
He's been getting less Sophitia-esque as time has gone on, but I've always imagined Sophitia to be a high tier character.

Judging from the lists I saw online*, he fluctuates between upper-mid and lower-mid, but always right in the middle of the pack. This is despite his movelist massively changing twice, which is pretty impressive IMO.

*Some of those lists seemed a little sketchy, but there's a pretty big lack of information concerning tiers in this series, especially when compared to games like Smash Bros. or Street Fighter.

He's been mid in pretty much every game except SC3, where some game breaking glitches shot him near the top. But all that really means is that he was a viable character in SC3. :P

He's been mid in pretty much every game except SC3, where some game breaking glitches shot him near the top. But all that really means is that he was a viable character in SC3. :P

He also had a game breaking glitch involving Reptile Rumble in SC2 iirc. Why is this character so consistently shoddily programmed lol

Back