Aeon General Discussion / Q&A

Damn. No guest character is safe from Aeon it seems.
Next game he will have two hidden blades attached to his tail and the dive and roll lol.

Wtf he ate Spawn?! What a fucking Lord!

Edit: I take it he also ate Sophitia, Cassandra, Yun-Sung, Seong-Mina, Zasalamel, Talim and Rock.
Yea that's why he has some Spawn moves. Which ones I don't know. I think 3A may be one.

Aeon should have.....
1) SW A+K= Pounce on opponent
  • i20
  • -18 on GRD
  • +4 on HIT
  • 27 dmg
  • 33 dmg on CH
  • Tracks like Voldo's CR A+G_B+G
  • S-Mid?????
  • No clean hit
2) CH SW A+K: aA+B+K= Pounce on opponent and burn their face
  • i20
  • -18 on GRD
  • +6 on HIT
  • 33 dmg without JF BE
  • 40 dmg with JF BE
  • S-Mid????
  • No clean hit
  • Cannot use more than 1 BE....like aPat's FC 3B:bA+B+K
YUPYUPYUPYUPYUPYUPYUPYUPYUPYUP!!!!!! LOL!
aeon1_thumb.jpg

Nice picture! And I know for a fact that 66A+B is a Spawn move. SCIV's 22K was another one.

And SCIV 6B was my favorite LM move ever. Like you all know I don't request any buffs. But this is the ONE move I'd wish to have back.

SCV's 6B is also the worst move in the game, in my opinion.

I'd assume sensible inputs would be an A and a B followup, since all other stances seem to have at least that. If it were up to me, A would be a safe high that knocked down on CH but was slower than K, and B would be a downward chop that was as fast as K but safer and less damaging. It's probably not healthy to yearn for more Sand Winger options, but a man can dream.

Dead SA is dead again. I guess the problems are that he is pretty simple as a character so not much stuff
to discover/talk about + no one reps him at tournaments.

I know there are many things to talk about, though.

Let us just pray that MLG Dallas has SCV. I'm actually going through the steps of obtaining my passport.

Dead SA is dead again. I guess the problems are that he is pretty simple as a character so not much stuff
to discover/talk about + no one reps him at tournaments.

I know there are many things to talk about, though.

Let us just pray that MLG Dallas has SCV. I'm actually going through the steps of obtaining my passport.
Zwei's and ezio's SA is pretty dead too. Guess ur not a fan of dead SA's huh? Well all three of these chars are simple well except zwei its just people don't rep zwei because they feel other chars can do it better than zwei (true), not interested in using him, or they just think he's the worse char in the game and automatically demote him as unviable.

Zwei's and ezio's SA is pretty dead too. Guess ur not a fan of dead SA's huh? Well all three of these chars are simple well except zwei its just people don't rep zwei because they feel other chars can do it better than zwei (true), not interested in using him, or they just think he's the worse char in the game and automatically demote him as unviable.

The second reason is the only good one not to use him.

And no I'm not a fan of dead SA's when it's my SA. So I'm trying to do something about it.

I know what can help liven up this ghost town. I'm working on a guide for Aeon and I'm attempting for it to be comprehensive. If anyone has any interesting setups, tactics, mindgames, or other interesting tidbits of information they'd like to contribute, feel free to post it here so we can discuss it.

One thing I've been doing is using 4B+K after Reptile Rumble or A+G. I haven't labbed it yet but it seems to beat most attempts at wakeup attacks and is safe if they stay grounded.

If anyone has any interesting setups, tactics, mindgames, or other interesting tidbits of information they'd like to contribute, feel free to post it here so we can discuss it.
Los Tooches and I were working on one but just kinda stopped. What we had:
Los Tooches' stuff:
-66B (catches rolls+knockdown for more okizeme)
-2K (catches rolls)
-1K (mixup)
-1A (mixup+knockdown)
-4BAA (catches rolls+knockdown)
-11K (catches rolls+mixup+knockdown)
-Throws (sets up mid/throw mixup)
-3B (once I get them afraid of throws+11K I throw this out for combos)
-1B$ (see above)
-6B$ (see above)
-44B (when head is facing me, catches rolls)
-44A (rarely, for counter hits when I'm expecting a wakeup attack)
-8B (against Xiba/Leixa when I'm expecting wakeup attack/"No no!")

My stuff:
Pros and Cons(add stuff that I miss):
Pros:
+ Good damage especially with walls
+ Top-notch RO game. Front RO and Reverse RO
+ Very good range on some of his attacks.
+ Good throws
+ Good throw range
+ Decent at breaking guard
+ Good BEs
+ Lots of useful TJ'ing attacks
+ Very good at killing backdash and step
Cons:
- Wall combos are rather inconsistent
- Bad at punishing -15 or lower attacks
- Short range on majority of his moves
- CE is very glitchy(the bad way)
- Very unsafe character
- On the slower side of the cast
- Lacks decent lows
- Needs meter to pressure defensive opponents
- Very poor step and backdash
- No generic B, B

Unblockables:
1B+K.
SW A+B+K
6[K](Opponent blocks near wall or edge) into 6B, B(Most meterless damage)
6[K](Opponent blocks near wall or edge) into 6B BE(Damage and combo)
6[K](Opponent blocks near wall or edge) into CE(Forward RO)

Cancels:
A
B
K
K+G(Taunt)
1B+K
SW A+B+K

Post-GI:
Meterless: 3B. 66K.
0.5 bar: 1B BE. 44K/44BAA/4B+K/4b+kG/11_77A.
1.5 bars: 1B BE. CE.

Best moves:
A, A: Fast stepkiller. + frames on hit, safe on block.
2A/FC A: Fast stepkiller. + frames on hit, safe on block.
4B+K: Good TC and TJ, + frames on hit, good damage, good guard damage, and semi-safe.
66A+B: Great guard damage, lots of pushback, good for RO, good damage.
3B: Generic 3B. Staple LNC. Good combo damage.
4K: Best meterless i15 punisher, + frames on hit, safe on block, used as a generic B, B.
66A: Long range step killer, + frames on hit, semi-safe on block, decent damage.
6A: Fast stepkiller, + frames on hit, safe on block.
66K: Best meterless punisher, strong, great in combos, high Clean Hit rate, good for RO and w!
4B: Good range, good damage on CH, fast, semi-safe on block, + frames on hit.
3K: Fast mid kick, semi-safe on block, + frames on hit.
2K: Generic 2K.
7_8_9K: Kills step, KND + combo on hit, safe on block.
6B BE: Best punisher, reverse RO.
1B BE: Reverse RO, great damage, + frames on hit.
Grabs: Grabs.

Los Tooches and I were working on one but just kinda stopped. What we had:
Los Tooches' stuff:
-66B (catches rolls+knockdown for more okizeme)
-2K (catches rolls)
-1K (mixup)
-1A (mixup+knockdown)
-4BAA (catches rolls+knockdown)
-11K (catches rolls+mixup+knockdown)
-Throws (sets up mid/throw mixup)
-3B (once I get them afraid of throws+11K I throw this out for combos)
-1B$ (see above)
-6B$ (see above)
-44B (when head is facing me, catches rolls)
-44A (rarely, for counter hits when I'm expecting a wakeup attack)
-8B (against Xiba/Leixa when I'm expecting wakeup attack/"No no!")
These were all okizeme stuff btw.

Well here's random stuff you probably already know, anyone use em?
Fireball techtraps after 1A 66B (and will track one side tech some other times)

4B+KG can be a techtrap after 6B$ (dunno how to land it consistently but it can work from anywhere if I remember right)

44A held can be a move used to break someone's guard as the last hit since it's a horizontal mid (can't remember if you get followups).

After 22_88K breaking guard you're in position for 33B BT B+K 8B+K 44BAA (I could do it kinda consistently in training).

After 22_88K breaking guard you're in position for 33B BT B+K 8B+K 44BAA (I could do it kinda consistently in training).

I know about this. That is pretty good advice. It seems ok to try it too after a 4K Crush.

Edit: B+K post Guard Crush rings out pretty far in front of you and makes you look like a frickin' Boss. I mentionned it because 4A post Guard Crush whiffs sometimes. Also for even better
RO range you can use 33K, but it's only after really specific GC's.

Today my online wasn't working like usual so I figured I'd practice a bit. And I found the way to make
33/99B>BT B+K>8B+K>44BAA 100% consistent. It also applies to the WR B> BT B+K combo whiffing issues.

It's funny cause I go in training like 15 mins every 4 months and each time I find something amazing. I should really do it more often.

I also decided that I will main Aeon 99% of the time now cause that's the only way to be really competitive. It is fun to play casually once in a while with your secondaries. Or doing so to have a "Plan B" in tournaments for "Bad matchups" (lol) or just cause you're getting consecutive losses. But maining ONE character and sticking to it is the fastest and most reliable way to get better and stay better. Because after you learned all matchups, you know what to do in each and every situation that presents itself and can and will do the best move possible that this one character can possibly do.

So for me, this is Aeon. I remember reading reviews of SC2 back in the day. That one guy said:
"This game is easy to get into, but difficult to master."
Another one said this:
"Jack of all, Master of none."

Those two statements are the main problem of many SC players that have the potential to be extremely good, but stall at intermediate level because they can't get over those walls. And I have no intention to be one of these.

Today my online wasn't working like usual so I figured I'd practice a bit. And I found the way to make
33/99B>BT B+K>8B+K>44BAA 100% consistent. It also applies to the WR B> BT B+K combo whiffing issues.
Tell meeeeeee. I must know how.

If you go to MLG Dallas, I would almost consider coming out of video game hibernation to bark at you like an enraged dog.

Back