Aeon General Discussion / Q&A

ALL I DO IS BBB NO MATTER WHAT! GOT COUNTERS ON THE MIND; I CAN NEVER GET ENOUGH! WHENEVER AEON'S IN THE BUILDING, EVERYBODY'S GUARD GOES UP........AND IT STAYS THERE! AND IT STAYS THERE! AND IT STAYS THERE (B GRAB B GRAB B GRAB) 'CAUSE ALL I DO IS B! B! B! AND IF YOU STEP, BETTER CHECK, COUNTER HIT, 'CAUSE YOU'LL STAY THERE!
Also I'm using this later just saying.

So I'm interested in learning Aeon as a character. I was really hyped for him when I saw him in videos before the game came out, but after I tried using him I just don't get him. I usually use Maxi and Nightmare.

Maxi uses his stances to provide mix-ups and some quick moves for punishment. Nightmare keeps people at range, rings out, and has a few stance mix-ups. I have no idea what Aeon does, though. I've tried using him and I just can't get a feel for how he's supposed to be played outside of just poke poke poke.

Aeon's ring out game is outrageous, learn and abuse his ring out setups as much as you can. Even on stages that are completely walled and the infinite ones lol.

Maxi uses his stances to provide mix-ups and some quick moves for punishment. Nightmare keeps people at range, rings out, and has a few stance mix-ups. I have no idea what Aeon does, though. I've tried using him and I just can't get a feel for how he's supposed to be played outside of just poke poke poke.

Aeon plays a really basic game (As in nothing specialized). He doesn't have any good gimmicks or tricks. He's not fast, unpredictable, and doesn't do more damage than most other characters are capable of. If I had to pick his best attributes, it would be landing counterhits (Especially with the new 4B) and ring outs, but most other characters can say they have the same stuff and more.

Mainly you'd be playing him because you like lizards. Being a lizard is by far his best attribute.

Aeon's got decent stuff. 66A spacing game, nice pokes, counterhits, good grab game. But to get the best out of him you will have to embrace the RO side. Also, he's a fire breathing lizard, why wouldn't you play him?

Wow what is this popularity all of a sudden? Is my favorite character in the SC universe in the lime light??? Did he make a bandwagon and yell "All Aboard!"?????!?!?!?!?! haha

People love Aeon man and the buffs gives more love. Now we just need a Aeon player getting in top 8 in a big tourney soon.

I don't either plus my SC where i'm at just started and I don't got a PS3 to practice my Aeon/Raph at the moment. Once I do I need to work on my Aeon more than my Raph.

Kooky question time for those of you maining everyone's favorite reptilian Spartan. What kind of buffs do you think would make him more even with the rest of the cast?

I participated in a tournament today but didn't use Aeon in the tourney. My Aeon was free against Ring in freefights so I played Leixia in the tournament.

It's not yet time for you, Aeon.

Kooky question time for those of you maining everyone's favorite reptilian Spartan. What kind of buffs do you think would make him more even with the rest of the cast?

I honestly hope they don't buff him anymore than that. I thought he was just fine in the beginning then he got buffed. Now he's a bit better but the backdash nerf makes him actually scary. If he could get any better than this that would be just boring he'd skyrocket in the tiers and become extra cheap and overused. I don't wanna play a character like this thank you.

I honestly hope they don't buff him anymore than that. I thought he was just fine in the beginning then he got buffed. Now he's a bit better but the backdash nerf makes him actually scary. If he could get any better than this that would be just boring he'd skyrocket in the tiers and become extra cheap and overused. I don't wanna play a character like this thank you.
I honestly think the buffs he received through the patch were completely necessary. Aeon should've been equipped with those buffs before the game was even released. To think otherwise is just silly. He needs more buffs and fixes, but Namco doesn't need to go overboard with the buffs either.

If anything I'd like to see FLY get at least one more move that could get him to the ground safely and/or catch step. Probably low damage, maybe even disadvantage on hit, but at least not stab punishable.

I'd also like to see his CE and 44B, A, A go through one more iteration of aiming fixes as both still lose tracking in certain situations.

That's all I can think of at the moment. He's a pretty solid character right now, but certainly not as good as he could be without passing the line of being broken.

Aeon is really solid in the current metagame. There aren't that many characters that can play a "control" strategy like he can, basically forcing your opponent to just stand there and block. Otherwise, they'll just keep keeping wrecked by 66A.

I'm going to suggest a couple of things besides the usual "Make fly better." Any one of these would make me happy.

1. Give one of his lows a stun on counterhit, so that going low with him is a threat to the opponent.

2. Give him a natural impact move, even if it's something mediocre (Didn't 4K used to do an impact? I forget). He just needs something to break up pressure.

3. Let him cancel his unblockable right into standing.

I'm going to suggest a couple of things besides the usual "Make fly better." Any one of these would make me happy.

1. Give one of his lows a stun on counterhit, so that going low with him is a threat to the opponent.

2. Give him a natural impact move, even if it's something mediocre (Didn't 4K used to do an impact? I forget). He just needs something to break up pressure.

3. Let him cancel his unblockable right into standing.

1. If this was added, make it 1K.

2. Just for stylistic/keeping-in-character, I'd say he'd be better off with a Revenge style like Asta's 66k BE. Just so long as it doesn't suck like Voldo's where you always get knocked out of it...

3. Even crouching would be nice. Seems I only ever use that move accidently and I almost always get punished hard for it.

First and foremost, his CE needs to be un-fucked. If it hits the fire breath should never miss. Ever.

FLY BE~G needs to be changed to FLY K~G so he can do it without spending meter.

Not sure what else yet.

Back