Aeon General Discussion / Q&A

I must agree with the 4B love. Also, I think 1B is -8 now on block, since doing AA after it trades with 9K (which according to the guide is i21).

Rhynoman, if you're on XBL you should join Reptile and I for a 66A fest sometime.

EDIT: Also, I think I'm gonna start work on a punishment list pretty soon.

Is it me or does Aeon's running speed seem overall faster after the patch?

1B$ launches so high now. I can land a 66A+B after, was that possible before?
Yeah, it worked pre-patch as well. I sometimes used that instead of 44K.

Also, it seems like 6B BE has a bit more range now.

If 4B weren't a vertical high, I'd have to call shenanigans.

But as it is? <3 it. Such a sweet, sweet tool. (But I have to remember not to get too predictable with it...)

I'm still not convinced. XBL scrubs eat it like it's candy, but I'm about to take it to our local casuals tonight, and we have some pretty strong turtles. We'll see if I can open them up.

3B pushout nerf really hurts me the most, it looks like. lol...

At least the changes on Aeon make the patch bearable. I might be maining him now, he was my secondary after Tira but.. what they've done to her, its just silly.

The grab range buff is probably his biggest buff, at least that's what I've found in the lab and in casuals. Players can't just sit there and turtle all day without eating a 236B+G - or at least taking some chip from grapple breaks.

why does BBB seem to combo after everything?
after 33K, CH 22AB, CH WS K... etc
was it like this pre-patch? O_O

BBB has kind of become my 3B replacement, and I'm just using 3B for whiff punishes/heavy punishes now. (or against characters that still suck enough to be unable to punish it, lol)

BBB should be ukemi'able against grounded enemy... i'll hit the lab in a bit.

BBB is not that great as a former 3B replacement.

Don't forget that the second hit of BBB can be just JGed or aGIed. Don't do that move randomly, its very risky.

BBB still sucks in my opinion because of that.

BBB does NOT combo after stuns. The second hit is both ukemi-able and guardable. But at least if they guard it, they eat a TON of guard damage...

Hey guys, I just did some testing and Aeon CE connects in ¡13 at max range, I don't think that was the case before.

I was able to punish another Aeon's 66A+B, and Pyrrha 3B. Again I don't think that was the case before but I might be wrong.

Looks like Aeon's getting horribly popular. I wanted to be the only person playing him! Namco please neeeeeerrf him!

Looks like Aeon's getting horribly popular. I wanted to be the only person playing him! Namco please neeeeeerrf him!

For reals? I haven't been able to play online yet, so idk how much his usage increased. Before the patch I would see one Aeon like every ~100 battles, lol.

Hooray for the lizard getting some love!

Um, I haven't run into a single other Aeon player as of yet (after around 30-ish games), so I don't know if that's true...

When SCV first came out, I was hype about Aeon and BBB...However, BBB wasn't guaranteed. So I dropped him after a few matches kinda hurtful. But...Post-Patch however. Wow. What an incredibly fun character! Adding him to my roster of characters.

This is like getting ice cream with my cake and eating THE WHOLE THING! Anyway, back to lurking Aeon info. If I come across anything interesting, that hasn't been posted. I'll share...like uhm. Is this board aware of Aeon's CE completely whiffing after the hit animation? Was playing this morning and hit Nightmare as he was Quickstepping and Aeon breathed fire the complete opposite direction. If this issue has been posted or discussed before, apologies.

I'm not talking about randoms I'm talking about "decent people" who decided to use him now probably after they either got beat up by him or see the Lizard kicking ass on stream. And of course I'm talking about Xbox Live.

Also anybody knows who Lucario lvl88 is? Had a few mirrors with him yesterday. He was fun and decent just a tad too predictable.

Is this board aware of Aeon's CE completely whiffing after the hit animation? Was playing this morning and hit Nightmare as he was Quickstepping and Aeon breathed fire the complete opposite direction. If this issue has been posted or discussed before, apologies.

Yea, it's a known issue.

Back