After SCV is released, will anyone still play SCIV?

I'll still be playing SC4 (alongside SC2 and SC3) for quite a while, not only because I still love those games, but I won't have the money to buy SC5 for quite some time :(

Of course I will still playing SCIV, SCIII but maybe several months after of SCV release, Specially because I will miss Setsuka an Talim :'(

I still have SC III, and I won't sell it on the sole reason that the "story mode" has so much content that it makes you want to go through all the routes, and given the fact that I was able to get through Cassandra's Night Terror path on Extremely Hard, it makes it a rewarding experience if I can pull it off years after I did it.

SC IV... i dunno. It didn't have much to offer except online, and the SC V fighting system is already MUCH better than SC IV. I might actually trade it in.

Just recently sold all my copies of any SC game, including sc5.

I think I've finally outgrown SC. It used to be fun, but as soon as I started counting frames during a match it kinda took all the fun out of it, not to mention most people who play the game are conceited jerks anyway. I don't feel like I "play" the game anymore, but instead grind it out for a victory.

And plus, it's kinda discouraging when you've been playing a game for almost 10 years and the majority of people think you're a scrub. Truth is, maybe I just don't have what it takes to play this game.

If you have a shitty internet connection, no offline competition, and no money to travel, there's not much reason to keep playing it, especially considering it's not fun anymore.

It's too bad, because sc5 was probably the best SC they ever made. I didn't like 4 all that much because of how slow it was and almost everyone had shitty safety, plus CF was kinda lame. 3 had huge balance problems and glitches and no amount of quality single player modes can make up for that, even though COTS was pretty epic. 2 was pretty well balanced, but kinda boring at times. Any SC before that felt clunky to me.

I will say that Sc5 probably has the worst roster ever. I think it would have been better to refine old characters more and add new characters less. I miss Zas, Talim, Cassandra, Yun-Seong, and Rock. I don't care for the new "Kilik" at all, he's much simpler and more boring than before, move wise. I don't like either of the Pyrrahs, they both stink too badly of Sophitia, and not enough Cassandra IMO. Pat's style is as straight-forward and boring as you can get. Viola's style is too weird and gimmicky and has no place in SC, same thing with ZWEI. 3 mimics? Enough said. Ezio is also a boring character.

Sorry to hear that you sold the games. I'm not the best SC player, I say fuck anyone else who has a problem with me being a low level player. If they care so much, they can fly out to my state and settle this with me.

Yes, a lot of people on here are douche baggy jerks. They will be hardcore on the forums for the sake of attention and arrogance, ignore it.

Have you considered being a "casual"? There's nothing wrong with it and you have just as much value as a high level player. Who cares if people think you're a scrub, it doesn't mean shit.

Personally, I tie SC3 and 4 for my reasons, despite the flaws.

5 is nice, i like some characters, but I too agree that the roster is nearly garbage. That's my opinion though. I agree that some characters should have stayed and been refined/revamped, but it is what it is. I also agree that some characters here and there are boring and out of place, you can blame time for that.

My point? Fuck peoples negative thoughts, play the game for your reasons and if someone has a problem with it, flick 'em off.

^as encouraging and as positive as your message is, I wish it was that simple.

Well, to tell you the truth, If I had money, I would have been to major tourney's a long time ago. Sink or swim, I would have known right then and there if I was any good or not.

I tried really hard to get as good as possible. I did everything I could to improve: always looked for new combo's, tried to memorize more and more frame data, watched the pros to figure out new applications for certain moves, got better at mix-up defense/counters, I even put out a video of myself playing LS mode to try to get some constructive criticism. Nobody even watched my video.

So, if a person does all those things to improve, and works really hard at it, and is still considered to be trash by the majority, it's time to put it down for good and find something else that suits their skills.

I'm doing great in my automotive classes. I got a 4.0 last semester and I'm one of the best students in the class. I guess the moral of the story here is to stick to the things you're good at, ditch the things you're not.

I thank you for your encouragement though. It's a breath of fresh air in this hostile place.

I don't pay any attention to frame data yet I kill in most fighting games. Even ones I don't like. Knowing frame data just means you don't have to go through the trial and error phase of learning what punishes what.

I'm a slightly above average player, at best... But I still love the game and plan on participating in future tournaments, if only to get lambasted by players exponentially more talented than myself.

Point being, life's too short to worry about what others think so much. If you like the game, great play it, if you don't, fine don't play it. And to hell with the bullcrap people spew out.

No, 4. I was playing, but as soon as I finished two matches I went back to 5. I can't pick what's worse, low-spamming scrubs or the lag that doesn't let you do anything about them.
Oh Ok. I was thinking to myself what was YOUR Internet provider lol. I have put a couple of those scrubs I remember from SCIV back on it after they tried to low spam me in SCV lol.

Like Maxi says "Good Times"

^as encouraging and as positive as your message is, I wish it was that simple.

Well, to tell you the truth, If I had money, I would have been to major tourney's a long time ago. Sink or swim, I would have known right then and there if I was any good or not.

I tried really hard to get as good as possible. I did everything I could to improve: always looked for new combo's, tried to memorize more and more frame data, watched the pros to figure out new applications for certain moves, got better at mix-up defense/counters, I even put out a video of myself playing LS mode to try to get some constructive criticism. Nobody even watched my video.

So, if a person does all those things to improve, and works really hard at it, and is still considered to be trash by the majority, it's time to put it down for good and find something else that suits their skills.

I'm doing great in my automotive classes. I got a 4.0 last semester and I'm one of the best students in the class. I guess the moral of the story here is to stick to the things you're good at, ditch the things you're not.

I thank you for your encouragement though. It's a breath of fresh air in this hostile place.

Look I don't hate you or anything, so don't take this the wrong way, but I do hate self-defeatist attitudes more then anything in the world and you've got it sweating out of your pores.

Think about all a competitive player has to go through to become good. Then think of the artificial obstacles that can pop up like internet drama, smack talk, rivalries, big tournament losses and setbacks, etc that keep from becoming recognized. We all work really hard to be as good as we are, we fight every day to get recognition, with the knowledge that someone else is fighting back to keep it from us. Those of us who stay in the game can do so because we are intelligent enough to improve and emotionally strong enough to handle the setbacks. That is what it means to be competitive. Yet at no point are you required to make every person you come across a mortal enemy like you make it seem.

You couldn't even make it to a major before you gave up.

Most people do not dislike you because you are not "good". If anything, they dislike you because people can smell the fear on you and a lack of caring. In short, you show a complete rejection of the necessary attitude a successful player must possess. That negativity is infectious and pisses people off. You show aptitude for learning the game, perhaps, but not for the actual competition. Personally I think you'd make a fine player if you could get over your emotional hesitancy and realize that loudmouthed assholes are the solid minority.

Why do you even give a damn what other people think? Win something and that will change. Or don't and remain an obscure name on a list to everyone but the people who know you personally. That's how it is in everything in life.

The tragedy is, not all of competition is dark and gloomy and hostile. It can be incredibly positive and full of energy. Watch any trailer for EVO and you'll see this. But you can't get to the good if you can't handle the bad, and clearly you have issues handling the bad.

Just recently sold all my copies of any SC game, including sc5.

I think I've finally outgrown SC. It used to be fun, but as soon as I started counting frames during a match it kinda took all the fun out of it, not to mention most people who play the game are conceited jerks anyway. I don't feel like I "play" the game anymore, but instead grind it out for a victory.

And plus, it's kinda discouraging when you've been playing a game for almost 10 years and the majority of people think you're a scrub. Truth is, maybe I just don't have what it takes to play this game.

If you have a shitty internet connection, no offline competition, and no money to travel, there's not much reason to keep playing it, especially considering it's not fun anymore.

It's too bad, because sc5 was probably the best SC they ever made. I didn't like 4 all that much because of how slow it was and almost everyone had shitty safety, plus CF was kinda lame. 3 had huge balance problems and glitches and no amount of quality single player modes can make up for that, even though COTS was pretty epic. 2 was pretty well balanced, but kinda boring at times. Any SC before that felt clunky to me.

I will say that Sc5 probably has the worst roster ever. I think it would have been better to refine old characters more and add new characters less. I miss Zas, Talim, Cassandra, Yun-Seong, and Rock. I don't care for the new "Kilik" at all, he's much simpler and more boring than before, move wise. I don't like either of the Pyrrahs, they both stink too badly of Sophitia, and not enough Cassandra IMO. Pat's style is as straight-forward and boring as you can get. Viola's style is too weird and gimmicky and has no place in SC, same thing with ZWEI. 3 mimics? Enough said. Ezio is also a boring character.

This.

I second Rikuto really.

I can use myself as an example. I'm a big fan of Tekken and I always have been since Tekken 2. I was fairly average player but gradually got better (my mains were Nina & Hwoarang and later on Lili). But in Tekken 6, I'm not that good. The few times I played online, I got my butt handed to me. I only recall winning like 3 times but like I said, I didn't play online much since the lag was horrible. Despite my losses, I still have fun with the series and I await Tekken Tag Tournament 2 more then anything. Would if be cool if I was a competitive player? Sure I guess but I'm not. Doesn't mean I have to give up playing a game I enjoy.

I hope this make some sort of sense. ^^; Point is, if you truly enjoy something, don't give up because of negative feedback.

Back