After SCV is released, will anyone still play SCIV?

I second Rikuto really.

I can use myself as an example. I'm a big fan of Tekken and I always have been since Tekken 2. I was fairly average player but gradually got better (my mains were Nina & Hwoarang and later on Lili). But in Tekken 6, I'm not that good. The few times I played online, I got my butt handed to me. I only recall winning like 3 times but like I said, I didn't play online much since the lag was horrible. Despite my losses, I still have fun with the series and I await Tekken Tag Tournament 2 more then anything. Would if be cool if I was a competitive player? Sure I guess but I'm not. Doesn't mean I have to give up playing a game I enjoy.

I hope this make some sort of sense. ^^; Point is, if you truly enjoy something, don't give up because of negative feedback.

I'll admit, I'm also a Tekken fan but I got into it since Tekken 3. I loved it for what its worth and still do. I also await Tekken Tag Tournament 2 as I will enjoy that game to no end.

I played SCV for a a week or two before i decided i didn't like it. To me SC5 felt like half a game. It seemed like they put bare minimum effort into making it. I didn't like the way they changed the battle system in SC5 it felt too fast and action oriented. I missed the more stratiegic play of SCIV so i started playing it again online and less of SCV. Soon SCV ended back on the shelf collecting dust. it's what it deserves making me play the horrid singleplayer campaign and having me suffer through the butchered character moves of siegfried and mitsu my two most favorite characters. (luckily nightmare wasn't changed to badly)

^I will admit Sieg is vastly different from SCIV Sieg but 3/4 of Sieg's moves in SCIV where useless anyways while SCV's is a bit more optimized. I'm glad that Sieg can actually step in SCV. Not to mention SCV is just as strategic as SCIV, the stakes are just higher. You get more reward for your risk.

SCIV Sieg was about his mix ups and 50/50. SCV seems to be more about spacing and frame traps. The mix up game is there but it isn't as great as it used to be. I try to use stance roulette when a 3B is blocked, since a auto sidestepping tech crouching move will beat all the SCH options. SSH is strictly for baiting whiffs in SCV and is actually more useful than it was in SCIV.

Well to sum it up, SCV Sieg simply isn't SCIV Sieg. They require different playstyles. I like SCIV Sieg's moveset more than SCV's but I honestly can't see how his moveset is "butchered". If it's about the stance A+B moves, I understand; those should have remained simply to make Sieg more random.

^I will admit Sieg is vastly different from SCIV Sieg but 3/4 of Sieg's moves in SCIV where useless anyways while SCV's is a bit more optimized. I'm glad that Sieg can actually step in SCV. Not to mention SCV is just as strategic as SCIV, the stakes are just higher. You get more reward for your risk.

SCIV Sieg was about his mix ups and 50/50. SCV seems to be more about spacing and frame traps. The mix up game is there but it isn't as great as it used to be. I try to use stance roulette when a 3B is blocked, since a auto sidestepping tech crouching move will beat all the SCH options. SSH is strictly for baiting whiffs in SCV and is actually more useful than it was in SCIV.

Well to sum it up, SCV Sieg simply isn't SCIV Sieg. They require different playstyles. I like SCIV Sieg's moveset more than SCV's but I honestly can't see how his moveset is "butchered". If it's about the stance A+B moves, I understand; those should have remained simply to make Sieg more random.

i liked SC4 siegfried better than then SC5 i wouldn't say 3/4 of his moves were useless thats just not true the only true usless moves he had were SSRH A, and base hold A both were slow and unwieldy. plus his moves didn't randomly whiff for no reason like in SCV.

SC5 is less stratiegic because characters do more damage in comparison to SCIV the battle are shorter therefore leaves less strategy while versing some one

i liked SC4 siegfried better than then SC5 i wouldn't say 3/4 of his moves were useless thats just not true the only true usless moves he had were SSRH A, and base hold A both were slow and unwieldy. plus his moves didn't randomly whiff for no reason like in SCV.
I hate the whiffing so much, if they fixed that and added the stance A+B moves I would like SCV Sieg more than his SCIV counterpart.

I hate the whiffing so much, if they fixed that and added the stance A+B moves I would like SCV Sieg more than his SCIV counterpart.

the reason i say SCIV is more strategic is because attacks in SCIV do less damage compared to SCV the battles last longer it leaves more to fight your opponent and learn their moves, counter and vice versa. Since they took out the A+K string in SCV alot of those moves were either dumped or turned into 8wr moves which leaves every character having less moves than in SCIV. and not to mention that you can only parry if you have meter and the soul guage depletes pretty dang fast. I would say it almost punishes you for being defensive. (but not quite)

SCV wants you to commit to your decisions. I will agree on the A+K strings. SCV parry is much more powerful than it's SCIV version, better window for GI and longer stun for opponent. You need to make reads and press your offense more in SCV. I think that's a good thing because it encourages proactive play and learning to make reads.

I also like the new GI, I never used GI much in older caliburs; I was always a "Block and punish" type. But thanks to the improved movement in SCV I can actually take advantage of sidestepping in this version. But I never liked the GI system because it simply wasn't worth the risk in my opinion. Mess up on it and you're eating a launcher.

SCV wants you to commit to your decisions. I will agree on the A+K strings. SCV parry is much more powerful than it's SCIV version, better window for GI and longer stun for opponent. You need to make reads and press your offense more in SCV. I think that's a good thing because it encourages proactive play and learning to make reads.

I also like the new GI, I never used GI much in older caliburs; I was always a "Block and punish" type. But thanks to the improved movement in SCV I can actually take advantage of sidestepping in this version. But I never liked the GI system because it simply wasn't worth the risk in my opinion. Mess up on it and you're eating a launcher.

well i guess it's all a matter of prefrences any way. to me i like SCIV better than SCV but if you think SCV beats SCIV then kudos to you. however i still miss Mitsu's Relic stance and no one! can tell me that it deserved to be riped from his style!

@Rikuto.

I thought about what you said. Improving one's game is one thing, but trying to change one's attitude and outlook on things is a whole different animal. I wish it was as simple as saying that people can smell the fear, but I'm afraid it's much more than that. At some point in time a few individuals decided it would be fun to follow me around and pick apart everything I say. That's not me being fearful, that's them not leaving me alone, even at my request. I am a bit on the delicate side.

For better or worse, I am a pessimist. From philosophical beliefs to pragmatic endeavors, I tend to focus on what's wrong with things, rather than the merits. Most people tend to view this as a character flaw, and maybe they're right to an extent.

But, I don't even think that's it either, TBH. This is not entirely my fault. The cold hard truth is that people on internet forums for some reason think it's OK to be rude, hateful, and disrespectful. I refuse to accept that "that's the way it is", because it doesn't have to be that way. When douche-baggery meets sensitivity, people's emotions get damaged and then they lash out aggressively. I think people need to realize that not everyone has a rock solid personality, and that being mean to anonymous people is not OK. You can't really say that these conflicts I get into are entirely my fault.

Constructive criticism is one thing, as you have done to me. Hostility meets more hostility.

Now, I'm not stalking every post you put, but I feel like what I have to say may help you/ others. It's a long read, but hear me out.

When I first got to 8WR, what was I? An ignorant player, I loved SC, but when I listed moves by name and not notation, I got called out. I thought it was embarrassing, but decided to take the advice and learn. I understand enough of the game, not as much as a pro, but enough to not be called a scrub. Some days I sit back and read on threads on how to get better with Leixia the douche bag. Some days I want to relax and just play, not worrying about frames and what connects with what. What does this have to do with anything? Nothing really, just sharing experiences and thoughts.

Now, back on the subject.

I'm a big dude, scary and black, when I go to school, I have certain people watching me to see if I'm going to "kill" or "screw with someone" that's what I put up with daily. Sometimes smaller, scrawny ass kids want to challenge me, sometimes people envy me for my size and power, this is annoying. I ignore them and remember what I'm working for. Since people can't really "fuck with me" they try to verbally abuse me, really... it's pathetic. They try to pick apart anything I say and make me look like a dumb ass when they are the one's who make an ass out of themselves. My point is, ignoring people is a lot easier than you think, just do it.

I'm a smart young man, but I can too be a pessimist. Sometimes to the point that I would will think about mind wrecking things, I get over this by thinking like what am I talking about? let's focus on the good here. It's OK to review the bad, you will fix flaws, what I'm saying is don't obsess. It will drive you crazy, been there, done that.

Don't worry about the forums, sometimes I can be goofy with pictures and odd posts because being serious all of the time is lame and proves nothing. People used to drive past me yelling "NIGGER!" or "DARK ASS!" Yes, this shit still goes on. I used to be hurt until I decided that if they can't stand man to man with me and call me that, not worth my time. That's one way you can think. A lot of pros on here are cool and some are asses, I don't judge them too much though, because all I know them by is an avatar and posts.

My whole point here is don't care what people think. If they have time to pick fun at you and say unnecessary things to you, they have nothing else to do. Since you always lash back at them, they will keep messing with you, stop that.

I feel like Dr. Phil right now.

Getting back on topic, I wonder when SCVI will be released. maybe 2015-2016?

Maybe Daishi can finally call it Soul Blade II like he wanted.

Hell, that is if they even consider another game.

@Rikuto.

I thought about what you said. Improving one's game is one thing, but trying to change one's attitude and outlook on things is a whole different animal. I wish it was as simple as saying that people can smell the fear, but I'm afraid it's much more than that. At some point in time a few individuals decided it would be fun to follow me around and pick apart everything I say. That's not me being fearful, that's them not leaving me alone, even at my request. I am a bit on the delicate side.

For better or worse, I am a pessimist. From philosophical beliefs to pragmatic endeavors, I tend to focus on what's wrong with things, rather than the merits. Most people tend to view this as a character flaw, and maybe they're right to an extent.

But, I don't even think that's it either, TBH. This is not entirely my fault. The cold hard truth is that people on internet forums for some reason think it's OK to be rude, hateful, and disrespectful. I refuse to accept that "that's the way it is", because it doesn't have to be that way. When douche-baggery meets sensitivity, people's emotions get damaged and then they lash out aggressively. I think people need to realize that not everyone has a rock solid personality, and that being mean to anonymous people is not OK. You can't really say that these conflicts I get into are entirely my fault.

Constructive criticism is one thing, as you have done to me. Hostility meets more hostility.

No matter where you go or what you do, there are going to be people who do not like you. Once they recognize that they do not like you, they will remember they do not like you and that negativity is going to represent itself often whenever you speak. That's not just pessimism speaking, that's the truth and it is exactly what you experienced here. The internet tends to make most people more brave with their hostility as well.

Do you intend to quit everything as a result of that? I would very much doubt that. Fighting games are one of the few outlets you have to actually get back at them in an absolute and undeniable form. Why throw that away? Poor call on quitting SC if you ask me, because now the only option remaining to you is to be bitter over it.

This

Back