aG A follow up?

MammothMan

WR B, NSS A+B, GS KK, W!, 4KK, 33B, GSB
So, I wanted to see what you guys used as a follow up to :aG::A:. It leaves you at neutral frames, so any quick/safe move like 6K is usable. Anyone else got any useful follow ups?

Post aGA I like to do one of the following:

- aGA: Using it repeatedly to try and get your opponent to react.
- B+G/A+G: If they are respecting aGA why not attempt a grab? Keep forcing them to play your game until they adapt.
- 1K: 1K is just awesome so yeah.
- 11K: Safe mid in the event that they duck in close quarters, TC frames are a plus if they try to AA after aGA.
- 66K: Similar to 11K except not safe and transitions into GS
- 66B+K: For those who like to 2A after aGA.
- B+K/NSS: Bait out 2A whiffs and what not, poke with NSS B if they freeze up a lot.

At least these are the things I SHOULD be doing. Hard to put it into practice.

That's all I got for now.

I think Partisan covered all of the options that you'd want to keep in mind after a blocked agA.

You may want to use 9B instead of 66B+K though. Not all of the hits will connect on some crouching characters but you do get more manly points for using it though :)

Hehe 9B is probably better yes. I've been able to get away with 66B+K quite a bit, but that's online. For some reason everyone respects it there, so I abuse it :D

Forgot about the crouch whiff thing too >_>

I tend to go with the aGA spam route more so than naught. However, I never thought about 66B+K due to the i25 of the move, but I like that idea! Much more so than a mere punch to the face, which ends up being blocked most of the time anyways (same with aGA spam). 66B+K at least gives a TJ if you want to keep on pressure. However, what about 66 A+B also as a followup? Though at a massive i39, if you want to keep up real pressure you can do some good SG damage with that one.

Personally I would avoid using 66A+B as it is -16 and Nightmare doesn't stay grounded afterwards. He has safer options and the SG damage isn't worth the risk unfortunately.

Of course this is just my opinion. Use whatever works for you.

True, he gets up immediately which could lead to a throw which you couldn't duck under (Break yes, duck, no).

You can try, however the success rate may vary due to HDTV lag and wireless controller lag (If you're using wireless).

You can try, however the success rate may vary due to HDTV lag and wireless controller lag (If you're using wireless).

Hmm nah pretty sure you can do it... I do it alot... yoshi's shark attack combo... 33B,B+K,A+B,K leaves him at -16 I believe everyone always trys to throw you after that so I just hold 2G ( Basicly a buffer ) and I always duck the throw... I would imagine the same could be done in this situation!

Better yet... Lets try it tonight ;) LoL

Oh yea, like lag is going to allow a 1 frame margin of error to actually work LMAO!

Oh yea, like lag is going to allow a 1 frame margin of error to actually work LMAO!

I don't quite see the point of what you're saying. Even through lag if you hold 2G right after you do 66A+B you will crouch as soon as you recover. The input is still held throughout the animation.

66B+K has some sues because its -1 on block. So you can do all of the same tricks you would usually do as after a NH 1K, or just GI them because most people think its unsafe and try to punish.

Yea, you're right about the lag Schneider, doesn't seem to matter. Oh well, if I'm wrong I'm wrong and its something to NM's benefit WOO!

I have found that 66B+K after aGA is a great tool, even if they attack after the aGA, you're already in mid jump (Unless its Taki using AA or some equally stupid shit) which causes you to fall to the ground anyways and alot of combos to whiff or not even start. Good to use if you have a health lead, not so good if you're near death and trying to outwit the opponent lol

Hmm nah pretty sure you can do it... I do it alot... yoshi's shark attack combo... 33B,B+K,A+B,K leaves him at -16 I believe everyone always trys to throw you after that so I just hold 2G ( Basicly a buffer ) and I always duck the throw... I would imagine the same could be done in this situation!

Better yet... Lets try it tonight ;) LoL

Told you I could duck the throw ;) Each time I did this move you tried to throw me at the end and I ducked it lastnight! LoL

Yea yea =P

I blame it on my lack of Anti-Yoshi knowledge. I even beat Yoshi's edgemaster 10 straight matches before we played, still didn't help any lol

Yea yea =P

I blame it on my lack of Anti-Yoshi knowledge. I even beat Yoshi's edgemaster 10 straight matches before we played, still didn't help any lol

lOl Yoshi on edgemaster is stupid... Your better off playing on very hard... Either way they dont do any of the good combos... Trust me even if you knew alot about yoshi, it'd have still been 10-5 ;) LoL

GG's though... I'll give you all the yoshi knowledge you can handle... Enough off topic posts though , Back to the AgA discussion!

I will give it to you that AgA 66B+K works for some reason... LoL What about 44K ? LoL

44K is probably the same as 66A+B except it's faster and a high. It is punishable as well :\ Haven't tried an AGA setup with it but I don't know how the TJ frames are with that move.

Edit: I forgot that 44K keeps you grounded, that makes it less risky I guess.

The TJ for the drop kick is pretty quick, and as you said it does keep you grounded, even with rolling it's less hurtful. I guess that could be useful as holding 2G would allow to wake up crouched without worry for a throw and could lead into a WR B, crouch throw, FC A, FC B, FC K, or if you're manly enough, FC 3B lol

Yea I love 44K... The shit is just nice when it hits... plus thats two guard breaks in a row! Oh noes !!

Back