aG A follow up?

on a side note i did alittle test with iaga. on block Nightmare 6k will trade with Xianghua AA and still knock her down for CH. XIanghua AA is 11 frame with Nightmare 6k being 14 "according to wiki". so does Nightmare get +3 on block or the wiki wrong?

also test slow jf aga. on block Nightmare 3aa will beat out Xianghua K. again going by the wiki his 3aa is 23 frame and her K is 13 frame. also test against Kilik K with same results. so i'm guessing he gets at least +10 on block with this move.

retested against Sophie. iaga on block i managed to actually beat out her AA with a buffered iaga. very difficult timing on this one. Nightmare 6k beats it clean.

looks like iaga get +3 on block close range.

retested slow jf aga. on block Nighty 28 frame 44a will trade with Sophie 15 frame BB and his 23 frame 3aa will beat it clean as will his 25 frame 2a.

iaga blocked iaga will beat Sophie 15 frame BB clean.

actually you can't buffer this move but i was able to iaga blocked iaga clash with X 11 frame aa.

on a side note i did alittle test with iaga. on block Nightmare 6k will trade with Xianghua AA and still knock her down for CH. XIanghua AA is 11 frame with Nightmare 6k being 14 "according to wiki". so does Nightmare get +3 on block or the wiki wrong?

also test slow jf aga. on block Nightmare 3aa will beat out Xianghua K. again going by the wiki his 3aa is 23 frame and her K is 13 frame. also test against Kilik K with same results. so i'm guessing he gets at least +10 on block with this move.

retested against Sophie. iaga on block i managed to actually beat out her AA with a buffered iaga. very difficult timing on this one. Nightmare 6k beats it clean.

looks like iaga get +3 on block close range.

retested slow jf aga. on block Nighty 28 frame 44a will trade with Sophie 15 frame BB and his 23 frame 3aa will beat it clean as will his 25 frame 2a.

iaga blocked iaga will beat Sophie 15 frame BB clean.

actually you can't buffer this move but i was able to iaga blocked iaga clash with X 11 frame aa.

iagA has weird properties. iagA into 66K buffered will get beaten by Sieg's 3B but agA into 66K buffered will beat Sieg's 3B. Lol.

Yea, iagA is one of the oddest moves in the game. I think Project Soul was doing a line of coke the day they said "Hey let's make this!"

i'm bout 90% with iaga right now. i'm still trying to figure out the timing consistently with the slow iaga. i'm only bout 20% with this move.

iaga is totally shit for gauge damage especially for a GB lol.

I'm wondering if throwing out a canceled 4A+B would be good for a quick mind screw after a blocked aga. Thoughts?

i'd imagine to have a good CF game with Nightmare it would consist of alot of aB. i dont see any love for this move and its very good.

Man you people love iaga. How can people still be talking about this move. I don't even bother with getting the jf aga, aga does does it for me. The biggest use iaga has is in combos and stopping your opponents movements and ringouts. Now sometimes your opponent blocks it, and depending on how he reacts you have numerous answers at your disposal.

iaga/aga on block.

B+K
Step
Throws
66B+K
9B
GSA
A+B
88AB

Offensive, defensive options, and evasive whiff punishers.

However, you can't spam or over use the move, that's how most NM players get their asses kicked. People can just duck it and smack you for doing that, and it's very easy to read players that spam it.

Aga is most powerful to catch your opponent while stepping, or around the edge during an attack. Aga keeps you from getting rushed down and keeps them honest.

There are three versions, so you're both correct. But you do bring up a good point Maverick...ia:g+a is +3.
Part of what makes the jf versions of aga so powerful is a mental factor, even on block they're intimidating. So your opponent is more than likely to defend than attack after blocking one. So you have a grab or 3B mixup possibility.

With aga on the other end, people usually attack when they block one. Personally I like this option better, because depending on what they do I have counters for every situation. This helps me dedicate the battle better because I am controlling my opponents actions.

I find it funny when someone can't stop his habit of 2As after blocking aga, even though they continuously eat A+B, 9B or 66B+K or whatever.
These kind of mental advantages, instead of simple frame advantage is what aga does.

i'm actually starting to find consistency with the slow iaga. so mixups between the two on block can really mindfuck someone as you can get away with alot of different followups after slow iaga. i can hit iaga bout 90% with slow iaga being 30%.

KingAce do you use the slow +8-10 version and if so what follow ups do you use?

I can do the slow aga pretty regularly on certain controllers. I have never used it in a game though. I would think 33B/Grab mixup would work.

Back