aG A follow up?

Yea, even the SC on it is 9, so it's a pretty good move overall. Though, throwing it out arbitrarily can lead to them just ducking it and whiff punishing you with a low attack of some sort.

Yea, even the SC on it is 9, so it's a pretty good move overall. Though, throwing it out arbitrarily can lead to them just ducking it and whiff punishing you with a low attack of some sort.

Well of course if they duck it then you do 33B next time... Ive learned reading your opponent after you do certain things is much better than you just doing things randomly...

Its all about what you see them do when you put them in a certain situation... and with blocked AgA theres always a situation!

Most people dont have very harsh on on the ground punishment anyways... what up with 6B:B after AgA? It puts them at about the right range...

Ugh, no. 6B:B is a -21 on block, if they block that thing, you're going to get ultra slammed, almost guaranteed.

Ugh, no. 6B:B is a -21 on block, if they block that thing, you're going to get ultra slammed, almost guaranteed.

If they block it... Also when AgA is blocked it pushes back, then 6B:B pushes back as well... People would have to be pretty knowledgable to punish you at that range... but I was just asking anyways, I like that move as well...

aGA doesn't have a very good push back, maybe a step, similar to NSS, but not quite as they take a step back after the GB. I can aGA someone constantly point blank and they never go out of range. It will move you slightly to NM's right every time, but that's it.

after a blocked iaga 66b+k will TJ their 2a if they try to interupt. also try out A+B if they like to use quick pokes like a 2a. i also like to throw in 4b or 4a to get some free SG damage as most dont try to attack after iaga. you could also try a aB in this situation as the plus frames on iaga makes this move hard to beat out unless they use a TC move. Partisan list is pretty complete though.

also after a blocked iaga near wall/edge sometime i'll throw out a bA GS to catch em if they try to attack as most will because nobody wants to be by the wall/edge against him.

A+B doesn't go super against lows - such as Sieg's 2A for example, it's a tad to situational for my liking. 66B+K is an awesome move though. I find A+B really pisses of Yoshi players though - fuck your iMCF, I has splosions! XD

I never thought about using A+B as a followup to aGA, but it appears to be a pretty decent one so long as you don't use it to much.

its a great follow up if they try a quick poke. once you use it then it tends to open up all his other attacks cause then they dont wanna try and interupt you.

B+K ~ NSS isn't a bad idea either, you're opponent then has the worry of an i8 hit to break an interrupt, to counter this they may use a low poke eg. 1K - giving you a prime NSS A+B oppertunity. If they stay on the defence you can play safe, go for some more gauge damage, mixup with NSS B or even cancel into iagA and let the guessing restart.

B+K ~ NSS isn't a bad idea either, you're opponent then has the worry of an i8 hit to break an interrupt, to counter this they may use a low poke eg. 1K - giving you a prime NSS A+B oppertunity. If they stay on the defence you can play safe, go for some more gauge damage, mixup with NSS B or even cancel into iagA and let the guessing restart.

B+K is a much better solution! even to iMCF ;)

And my choice option - as I said A+B is just a gimmick, it just happens to trigger against iMCF. Personally I use NSS a lot - it's backstep causes more whiffs than one would think and it leaves you with a good range of options. I love that stance!

Been using nightmare more recently, mostly what I'm saying is repeats of previous statements. after aga or iaga I like to follow up with a:G+A, the slow +8 version in case they block. Leaves me at +8 with another mix up, such high advantage means if they step guard you still win(except step 2g)
Step G
Grab mix up
11K for the tech crouch and being a safe mid.
If I'm feeling risky I might 236A
44K for lolz
9K 9B in case they 2A. safe. i might try 66B+K more now,

Back