Algol Combo & Tech Trap Discussion

WR B > 4BA
51-52 damage

Your best bet for meterless damage from a crouch is 4BA. WR B seems useless this time around.

4BA is the best option at close range. At far range 2nd hit is air controllable, 66b is the most consistent.

solid 33b stuff guys. shame that move is a straight up whiff punish . but yea im starting to feel his best move is 3bBE it adds damage to almost anything. like good ole 6kk
6kk is our 14f punish(range dependent) typically it gets us bout 40 points. BUT NOW with our handy dandy 3bBE we can pump that up to 88 points by doing 6kk 3bBE a+bb. Still not enough ? well dont worry cuz as long as you got meter you can KEEP adding damage lol.
my current max damage 14f punish is 6kk 3bBE a+bbBE 66bBE 4ba for 135 . but with tiamat's new tech its safe to say we can do 6kk 3bBE a+bbBE 3bBE Qb 3bBE a+bb for TONS OF DAMAGE (and oki).

6kk 3b doesn't work for me?

So I tested something to see the meter gain during his combos. If you do those full meter combos I posted yesterday such as 3B BE > QI B > 3B BE > QI A+BB BE > 3B BE > QI B > 3B (160)

you will gain 25% meter back by the end of the combo. unfortunately you cannot use this to extend the combo further. I tried using BE on the 3B ender and althought it gives you the meter back it fills it up too late for you to BE the move. If anyone finds a legit 125% meter combo I will be very excited though

If you go in System Settings > Critical Gauge Settings you can find out how much meter you GAIN while doing combos

If you do 44B 4A+B BE the opponent often bounces on 2 bubbles like in SCIV. You can follow up with many things like 8B+KBBBBB and QI A+B or even his 214 unblockable. It's bit unreliable and may be character specific but it's quite funny. It opens up a lot of possibilities.

yeah I think there is some potential with the 4A+B BE but since they can air control somewhat and it is character specific I haven't found any reliable use in combos yet

main combo list updated btw

kind of funny, 3B BE, QI B, 3B BE, QI B combos on NM. Definitely didn't combo on Pyrrah. Haven't tested anyone inbetween as I gotta go, just thought I'd share the silly. The SECOND QI B hits from behind Algol. lol

Hey Tiamat, there are some combos I've verified in posts #52 and #60 that are not in the sticky.

Also, what do you think about separating the combos in the sticky into groups of meterless, 25%, 50%, 75% and 100%? Then also having them in descending order of damage. It would make sorting through what people are looking for a little easier.

If you don't have the time I can do it a bit later today and then copy/paste the list in this thread so you can use it for the sticky.

Hey Tiamat, there are some combos I've verified in posts #52 and #60 that are not in the sticky.

Also, what do you think about separating the combos in the sticky into groups of meterless, 25%, 50%, 75% and 100%? Then also having them in descending order of damage. It would make sorting through what people are looking for a little easier.

If you don't have the time I can do it a bit later today and then copy/paste the list in this thread so you can use it for the sticky.

Yea I've still got some combos I need to add, I haven't verified every combo posted in this thread yet. Right now they are sorted by starting move. I think it's more useful this way than sorted by meter cost or damage cause you can see what your options are from each starter more easily. A combo is only as good as the starting move in a sense.

If you could get a list of the combos from this thread that I haven't put in the sticky yet so I can verify them and/or find better versions that would be nice though. I'm trying to avoid putting "useless" combos in the sticky, so if I decide not to put a combo in the sticky I'll explain why theres a better version etc. I take ease of use/damage/advantage/meter gain into account. Combos already in the sticky may also be removed as time goes on and I see better combos.

What's Algol's best meterless damage off of WS B?

moved into combo discussion. also added the WR B > 66B and WR B > 4BA combos to the main list

to get 6kk to combo it has to be done rather close, but depending on certain situations it wont work... very specific

Here are a few combos I didn't see in the main post:

I've tested and from whats posted already I think they are the max damage for their meter. A bunch of these will have already been posted too i'm just confirming they're the best dmg I've found as well - yet to really test different enders for oki or anything.

Also about 4ba as an ender, both hits are guaranteed after any 66B BE but in other places the second hit is air controllable backwards so go for 66A/66B which both do more dmg.

3B QI B, 3B QI A+B BE, 66A - 123 dmg, 75% (33B does exact same)

66B, 3B QI A+B B - 76, 25%
66B, 3B QI A+B BE, 3B QI B - 130, 75%
WC 8B 2K - 51
WC 8B BE 2k - 25%
44AA, 2B - 57 (only at edge of stage)
(As an anti-air, so e.g.) against pyrrah's 8B+K = B8 66B BE 4BA - 85-92 depending on jf.
22/88B, 2A+B, 623B - 62, (66B and 66A work well too but at max range they require a slight run first)
22/88B, 2A+B, 3B QI B, 3B -88, 25%
22/88B, 2A+B, 3B QI B, 3B QI A+B BE, 66A or 66B.- 109, 50%

6KK, 2A is a techtrap in all directions - 52 dmg
So is 6B+K, 2A - 46

A+B (far range) QI B - Not hitconfirmable, 41

Also 22/88A 3b etc doesn't seem to combo at max range.

Here are the combos not listed in the Sticky. I have made some notes to a few where needed, e.g. distance issues, ect.
I have also listed which posts contain false combos.

Also note that I performed all these combos on Elysium under the guidelines that Tiamat set out above.

Not in the sticky:

44B, 66A+B, CE = 152 damage
3B(BE), flip B, 1K = 79 damage
3B(BE), flip B, 2B = 75 damage
33A, B, K = 63 damage

Counter hit combo in post#4 – verify?

44B, 66A+B, 4BA = 81 damage
22B, 44B = 51 damage
Off any bubble, CE(100%), 4BA, flip A+BB = 75 dmg
44B > 8A+B > 66B (BE)>4B.A = 106 damage
22_88B 2A+B 66B BE 4BA = 86 damage (2A+B must be done quickly or they can ukemi)

Combo in post #26 does not work.

44B > 8A+B > 66B(BE) > 4BA = 101 damage (must start 44B close or 8A+B will miss)

Revision of combo in post 31 since it doesn’t work as listed:
3B(BE) B, 3B(BE) A+B = 109 damage (note: this combo will take you across most stages so keep in mind where you are so you don’t fall off)

Combo in post 44: 66b 3bBE a+bbBE 3bb can be air controlled out of for the last hit makes this combo 86 damage instead , another ender possibly? Note: ending w/ 66B gives 92 damage.
Also, 66B, 3B(BE) A+B = 76 damage for 1 meter. A shorter version of the above.
Alternatively, a longer version for 3 meters is --- 66B, 3B(BE) A+B(BE), 66B(BE), 4B.A = 123 damage

Combo in post #51 does not work, can tech and block

33 or 88 B, 2A+B, 66B (BE), 4B.A ----- does 84 damage and costs 1 BE
33/88 B, 2A+B, 66B = 63 damage, meterless
4B.A, 66B(BE), 4B.A = 70 damage, 1 BE

-------
Tiamat, sorry they are not in the best order but I figure that you will be copy/pasting them where you want them anyhow. I also agree and like your idea about sorting the combos by starter, what you said is very true. Maybe in descending damage from each starter would work. This would get rid of the need to list meter usage as generally speaking more meter = more damage and thus the meter heavy combos would be at the bottom of each staters list.
One last thing, not to nit pick, but what about putting a space between each set of combos? This would indicated that each block is part of the same starter. just easier to read. Thanks for putting all this in the sticky btw.

thanks spongebob and thane. combo list updated with a lot of combos but not all of them

22B > 2A+B (they can left tech out no matter how fast you do it) tested on pyrrha

44B > 66A+B > CE (125) less damage than b8 combo, and less meter gain but I will add anyway

3B BE flip B to 1K and 2B do less and or give less meter than 3B on ground hit so no use

33ABK is a canned string and I don't have any of those in there yet. its like AA or BB

44B, 66A+B, 4BA = 81 damage This is pointless because you can just do 66B+K and get more damage and some nice meter gain

44B > 8A+B > 3B BE QI B 3B ( 104, made your combo better, more dmg and WAY more meter gain) 25%

4BA > 66B BE > 4BA ( 68) I will add this even though spending 25% meter for 7 more damage makes me sad in my pants

thanks spongebob and thane. combo list updated with a lot of combos but not all of them

22B > 2A+B (they can left tech out no matter how fast you do it) tested on pyrrha

44B > 66A+B > CE (125) less damage than b8 combo, and less meter gain but I will add anyway

3B BE flip B to 1K and 2B do less and or give less meter than 3B on ground hit so no use

33ABK is a canned string and I don't have any of those in there yet. its like AA or BB

44B, 66A+B, 4BA = 81 damage This is pointless because you can just do 66B+K and get more damage and some nice meter gain

44B > 8A+B > 3B BE QI B 3B ( 104, made your combo better, more dmg and WAY more meter gain) 25%

4BA > 66B BE > 4BA ( 68) I will add this even though spending 25% meter for 7 more damage makes me sad in my pants

22B -> 2A+B is character specific, Pyrrha can escape but it's guaranteed on (some) other characters, like NM. 66A+B is a tech trap against left for 71, to discourage her.

44B -> 33ABK works against most characters, including NM. Doesn't hit Pyrrha. 84 damage. Algol randomly ends close to your opponent, in this case 2K is guaranteed and tech traps after as well for 98.

As an extension of your 44B combo, you can get 184 damage by looping 3B BE QI B and 3B QI A+BB BE for all your meter. 44B -> 8A+B -> 3B BE QI B -> 3B QI A+BB BE -> 3B BE QI B -> 3B QI A+BB BE -> 3B BE B -> 3B. No wall needed. Much easier than the 3B BE loop after 66B or FC 8B. You build almost an entire meter back by the end.

FC 8B -> 3B is a tech trap that catches left, tested against NM. Not sure if I can get anything against right techs though.

4[K] -> 1B -> 2A+B -> 3B BE QI B -> 3B works, if you ever hit with 4[K]; 100 damage.

I'm finding 66B -> 3B QI A+BB BE -> 3B BE QI B to be very inconsistent when it comes to the final QI B connecting. Usually Algol just flips over the opponent and QI B will miss. Any execution tip for the final part, or is it just 3B as fast as possible?

22A -> 3B catches left techs (tested vs Maxi), sometimes back techs? Back seems inconsistent, but nobody who knows the matchup is going to roll back vs algol because of 4B+K. 3B BE will also launch people who stay grounded.
22A -> 3AA catches left and right techs (vs Maxi)

This combo is true for Nightmare but I know its range/ character dependant:
44B, 4A+B(BE)~slnc, 2A+B, A+B, 6{6}A+B, 66B(BE), 4BA = 154d. (requires 1 meter)
Another thing I use alot is 1A, CE~236A+B+K which is also a tech trap I noticed...
Algol's CE is i14.5~i15/ I have all the frame data done, thinking about posting it in a seperate thread sometime...

After unlocking Algol, I tried looking for some combos that involved the bubble cannons since I heard they disable air control or something like that. I came up with:
44B, 4A+B Brave Edge, wait a second, 2 A+B, A+B, Demon Flip B, 3B Brave Edge, A+B, B Brave Edge, 66 B Brave Edge, 4BA. Yeah, its full meter but its the sexiest combo I've ever done so far with this character. It does almost 200 damage iirc, and its the longest combo I have seen so far (21 hits) You could choose to end it at 66B and try to setup something on their wakeup. I think you could skip the 44B and the gun parts, and use 1A, 3B brave edge, etc. I havent tested that much, but 1A leaves them in an OTG-able state so it should link. Also, hey I'm new here and Im trying to actually learn Soul Calibur V instead of mashing (Played SC2 to V, and Soul Edge at the arcades). :D

Wow 3B QI AB BE does some crazy stuff when next to a wall that breaks. I'd do replicate it to see what crazy combo's you get but I'm lazy so someone go try :)

The chair teleport hits and stuns them giving you a stun and probably a few more hits.

Back