Algol Combo & Tech Trap Discussion

I realized that all the combos that Algol can do post GI, are also doable post Guard Burst, even more in most cases.
It depends on what you break them with. Guard burst is 60 frames (a full second) of unshakeable stun and CH status. Moves with long recovery like 623B will result in you not being able to combo at all. Moves with fast recovery like 66B will let you launch with 44B. After GI you can land 44B, but it has to be buffered during the GI as 44B is i27 and the post-GI stun is 27 frames.

here is a fucked up combo of hell !!
44B, 66A+B, FC8BE, 2A+B, FC8BE, 1A 170-180 (possible 200 if 1A techtrap and some cleanhits) ... enjoy for 50%metter
4BA, FC8BE, 1A net u 80 damage for only 25% metter on ur punishing move (possibly 93 if 1A techtrap) additional metter is useless unless u're going for the kill.

some techtraps :

22A, 3B techtrap everything but right....
FC8BE , 1A all direction

here is a fucked up combo of hell !!
44B, 66A+B, FC8BE, 2A+B, FC8BE, 1A 170-180 (possible 200 if 1A techtrap and some cleanhits) ... enjoy for 50%metter
4BA, FC8BE, 1A net u 80 damage for only 25% metter on ur punishing move (possibly 93 if 1A techtrap) additional metter is useless unless u're going for the kill.
I'm having trouble getting 44B > 66A+B > FC 8BE to work, but I've had Legendary Souls Algol do it to me so I know it's possible. Is it just really strict timing or is it character specific?

no it's free no timing and as far as i know it work on everyone ... just buff the FC8BE right after the input of 66A+B and it will be fine

no it's free no timing and as far as i know it work on everyone ... just buff the FC8BE right after the input of 66A+B and it will be fine
Is there any trick to buffering it? If I do 28bA+B+K during 66A+B's recovery I usually just get 8B, or the FC 8B comes out too slow and they can block it. Does 44B have to hit from a certain distance for it to work, like with 4A+B BE combos?

CE next to a wall into 6BBB will allow you to combo into 6KK/3B for a wall splat depending on the range your at, definitely somthing to get used to cause you can get some heavy duty damage of small knock downs, also helps with ROs.

Apparently, with the decreased recovery time when doing the 6BBB string, if you catch the opponent near the ring edge (or wall) with 6BBB, you can immediately combo with 6KK into either a wall combo or a Ring Out.

Though, I'm not sure if you can actually combo with 3B or 4BA after a 6BBB on Counter Hit

Alright, I finally figured out the trick to getting 44B > 66A+B > FC 8B BE. The timing is weird compared to what I'm used to.

I am getting the combo down finally, and while I can do the combo now, I realized that you can use this same trick from the 44B combo to use in Algol's 1B combo.

The combo appears to look like this:

44B ~ 66A+B (hold 2 during 66A+B) ~ (you release 2 at the second "clap") 8B BE ~ 2A+B ~ 66B (130+ damage)

This is a sample on this interesting find. This makes the combo I posted for post-GI/Guard Burst somewhat obsolete in terms of maximizing damage for the least amount of meter used.

I tested the above combo with ukemi and air control settings and the CPU could not escape it, when I did this to myself, I could not escape it at all.

You can do 3B BE ~ QI B ~ 3B for even more damage (180-ish) but if ukemi settings are on, the opponent doesn't launch high enough to combo, but the CPU still gets hit by 3B BE relaunch (perhaps training mode bug?)

With this amazing find, Algol's already high damage goes even higher, pretty close we'll find a 100% LEGIT damage combo.

44B ~ 66A+B (hold 2 during 66A+B) ~ (you release 2 at the second "clap") 8B BE ~ 2A+B ~ 66B (130+ damage)
You can get more damage with FC 8B instead of 66B. (135 instead of 129). Also an extra chance of clean hit.

Most 66B enders can be replaced by FC 8B now, actually. 10 more damage + clean hits. No air control either and it leaves them right at your feet for oki.

New find: I think 44B > 66A+B > FC 8B BE > 2A+B > 3B BE > QI B > 3B BE > QI A+BB BE > FC 8B is more damage than 44B > 66A+B > FC 8B BE > 2A+B > FC 8B BE > 3B BE > QI A+BB BE > FC 8B. Getting about 215-216 (first FC 8B BE clean hit ends the combo at 221, if the second FC 8B clean hits it's 222, if both clean hit it does 227) off the first one compared to about 207 with the second. You lose a chance at a clean hit though.
EDIT: The above combo doesn't work if the opponent tries to tech the 2A+B. The 3B BE will still connect but the QI B will not work.

You can get more damage with FC 8B instead of 66B. (135 instead of 129). Also an extra chance of clean hit.

Most 66B enders can be replaced by FC 8B now, actually. 10 more damage + clean hits. No air control either and it leaves them right at your feet for oki.

New find: I think 44B > 66A+B > FC 8B BE > 2A+B > 3B BE > QI B > 3B BE > QI A+BB BE > FC 8B is more damage than 44B > 66A+B > FC 8B BE > 2A+B > FC 8B BE > 3B BE > QI A+BB BE > FC 8B. Getting about 215-216 (first FC 8B BE clean hit ends the combo at 221, if the second FC 8B clean hits it's 222, if both clean hit it does 227) off the first one compared to about 207 with the second. You lose a chance at a clean hit though.

I will test this out! One question though, do I have to use the same method like the 66A+B > FC 8B BE combo to do the FC 8B after the QI A+BB BE teleport? I'm sort of having a bit of trouble landing it.

Also, what you posted holds true that more damage can be acquired by your method, I was just posting a sample combo for others to get the feel for the combo you posted the other day.

One more thing, there's a nice find that QDogg posted in the General Forum, and it's that if the opponent blocks/gets hit at tip range a 6BBB string, if they do not block low for your attempt at a 11_77K, they will get hit by the kick and will be launched by the bubble, although I've only been able to reliably land 66B BE > 4BA for a total of 90 damage after (not including) the 6BBB string. I know we can get more damage.

I will test this out! One question though, do I have to use the same method like the 66A+B > FC 8B BE combo to do the FC 8B after the QI A+BB BE teleport? I'm sort of having a bit of trouble landing it.

Also, what you posted holds true that more damage can be acquired by your method, I was just posting a sample combo for others to get the feel for the combo you posted the other day.

One more thing, there's a nice find that QDogg posted in the General Forum, and it's that if the opponent blocks/gets hit at tip range a 6BBB string, if they do not block low for your attempt at a 11_77K, they will get hit by the kick and will be launched by the bubble, although I've only been able to reliably land 66B BE > 4BA for a total of 90 damage after (not including) the 6BBB string. I know we can get more damage.
It's the same method to land the FC 8B at the end.

As for the 6BBB > 11K trick, I mentioned that in the General thread. You can do 6BBB > 11K (launch) > 3B BE > QI B > 3B for ~80 damage, or more if you want to keep the 3B loop going.

Thank you for your contributions everyone. 44B combos updated with the following:
44B > 66A+B > FC 8B BE > 2A+B > FC 8B (135+) 25% meter
44B > 66A+B > FC 8B BE > 2A+B > FC 8B BE > 44B (166+) 50% meter
44B > 66A+B > FC 8B BE > 2A+B > 3B BE > QI B > 3B (166+) 50% meter
44B > 66A+B > FC 8B BE > 2A+B > FC 8B BE > 3B BE > QI A+B (184+) 75% meter
44B > 66A+B > FC 8B BE > 2A+B > 3B BE > QI B > 3B BE > QI A+BB (193+) 75% meter
44B > 66A+B > FC 8B BE > 2A+B > FC 8B BE > 3B BE > QI A+BB BE > FC 8B (206+) 100% meter
44B > 66A+B > FC 8B BE > 2A+B > 3B BE > QI B > 3B BE > QI A+BB BE > FC 8B (214+) 100% meter

If any of those are character specific or you find other issues let me know. Doing 3B BE > QI B gives better damage and meter gain than FC 8B BE, though you lose one potential clean hit. The only problem is that for the 100% meter combo, it requires more space to perform the 3B BE one than the double FC 8B BE one. You will be at higher risk of self RO and will be forced to end combo early.

still testing some of the other combos.

edit: added 4BA > iFC 8B BE > 44B (74, 81) 25% meter

the 2nd damage number is clean hit. doing 1A ender instead of 44B does 73 so 1 point less, and less meter gain. however, if you can delay the 1A right you have a tech trap so it's still got a use

I'm still not sure
44B > 66A+B > FC 8B BE > 2A+B > 3B BE > QI B > 3B (166+) 50% meter and its extensions are true combos. The only way I can get it to work is to set the dummy ukemi to off, otherwise the QI B misses. However,
44B > 66A+B > FC 8B BE > 2A+B > FC 8B BE etc. seem extremely reliable.

Back