Algol Combo & Tech Trap Discussion

yeah, but....for the combo with the bubles you need to stay very close when do the 44B, and sometimes if the timing is not correct 1 of the bubles dont connect, and you dont get that combo....is better a consistent one, and there's plenty of alternatives to do

this combo is easier to do in real matches and sometimes get full HP down...

This is the same combo I posted/discovered. I humbly thank you for putting an amazing quality version of the combo. Also, you got all the clean hits, hit them on their side, and I believe you got the random scaled damage (I think training mode bug)

Sometimes the damage is higher, sometimes lower. I still never figured out why.

@StevenA: DAT DAMAGE! Is it easily do-able in a match?

After a little bit of testing, it seems that
44B, 4A+B BE, ssl, 66A+B, iFC8B BE, 2A+B, 66B BE, iFC8B BE, 44B can always do around 236 if timed right, regardless of whether the opponent attempts to tech or not, while
44B, 6, 2A+B, iFC8B BE, 2A+B, 66B BE, iFC8B BE, 3B BE A+B.B only does 220 if the opponent doesn't try to tech, making the first combo better if you hit 44B at point blank range.

Usually off of 44B for one BE I like to do 6 2A+B iFC 8B BE 2A+B iFC 8B. But now if they don't tech you can get even more damage! Basically replace the iFC 8B ender with 66B+K. If you do it normally the ender will whiff on some characters. You have to delay the iFC 8B BE. This makes the opponent slide right under Algol so that it's a consistent combo with no tech. The real mixup is on you to read the opponent's tech but it makes for a stupidly damaging alternative and nice meter regain.

Edit: Just found that this is still character-specific midscreen. Does not work on ZWEI, Astaroth, and Tira. Near a wall/edge it works on everyone. This means the oki combos below don't work on these three characters as well.

Also some lolcombos:

44B 6 4A+B BE 88A dash up 8A+B 66A+B iFC 8B BE (no tech) 2A+B 66B+K (194 w/o clean hit, 212 or so with clean hit)

44B 6 2A+B delayed iFC 8B BE (no tech) 2A+B 66A+B 2A CE1... (depends on the ender you choose) *This one gives flashiness at the cost of more meter.

Usually off of 44B for one BE I like to do 6 2A+B iFC 8B BE 2A+B iFC 8B. But now if they don't tech you can get even more damage! Basically replace the iFC 8B ender with 66B+K. If you do it normally the ender will whiff on some characters. You have to delay the iFC 8B BE. This makes the opponent slide right under Algol so that it's consistent combo with no tech. The real mixup is on you to read the opponent's tech but it makes for a stupidly damaging alternative and nice meter regain.

Also some lolcombos:

44B 6 4A+B BE 88A dash up 8A+B 66A+B iFC 8B BE (no tech) 2A+B 66B+K (194 w/o clean hit, 212 or so with clean hit)

44B 6 2A+B delayed iFC 8B BE (no tech) 2A+B 66A+B 2A CE1... (depends on the ender you choose) *This one gives flashiness at the cost of more meter.

Haha, good find! Now that means you can do

44B, 6, 4A+B BE, 88A, dash, 8A+B, 66A+B, iFC8B BE, 2A+B, 66B BE, iFC8B BE, 44B for instakill!

Edit: it only works if they try to tech at the end. Otherwise, they automatically break free after the last iFC8B BE and it does around 218 dmg.

Why Always I go to train with Algol, I finish trying combos?? and do no practice?? LOL, at least i got a fun combo XD

How on earth did you make 2B+K hit for 40 damage?

Hahaha LOL i was wondering this too XDD...i really don't know XDD

BTW I'm uploading a video of something very weird i found, i will post later in Algol General Discussion

New Combo for 100% Life:

I was screwing around with Algol's 66A+B properties since coming back from my hiatus in this game. The odd thing is that if the opponent gets hit by 44B as any sort of launch except forwards (meaning facing you) then when 66A+B hits them, the resulting iFC 8B BE will knock them down with their head facing you or their side facing you. Meaning that a combo like this can happen:

844B, 66A+B, iFC 8B BE, 2A+B, iFC 8B BE, 2A+B, 66B BE, iFC 8B BE, 44B (or 3BB near ring edge) for 265 damage (no Clean Hits, 285 with 3BB ender)

I was looking around to see if anyone else has something like this found I saw the video from the Boss Cast (SoulCast #22) and I saw the combo (it's just that I was kinda bad at replicating the combo after about an hour or so of constant trial and error.

Looking at the way 44B hits them, it seems that 844B, 244B, [2]14B, and [8]74B can produce the same combo.

The thing is is that you're basically hitting them from a slight angle between the distance of a full sidestep and being right in front of them (like at the start of the round).

If that's the case, I'll tinker around some more with that side hit and see if I could get 240 damage with 3 BE (or 2 if all iFC 8B and BE get clean hit)

844B, 66A+B, iFC 8B BE, 2A+B, iFC 8B BE, 2A+B, 66B BE, iFC 8B BE, 44B (or 3BB near ring edge) for 265 damage (no Clean Hits, 285 with 3BB ender)
Can be ukemied at the highlighted 2A+B. However it is important to know that the old 1.02 combo (44B → 66A+B → iFC 8B BE → 2A+B → 66B BE → iFC 8B BE → 3B BE → QI A+BB) still functions when it hits a side or backturned opponent (I posted about it here back in April '12), because the newest standard combo for front hit 44B (44B → 6 → 2A+B → et cetera) does not work unless the opponent is hit head on by the 44B.

Back