Algol Combos and Tech Traps

Uh if you do 22B 4[A+B] 22B if they tech left or right after the first 22B the second 22B is a force block and the bubble will hit while there in gaurd stun which allows you to get a free 3B QI B and if they tech back 6A+B is a techtrap and will combo into 1B/3B. Kinda dum but i was bored.

this kind of strat works with most of algols knock down but I see no reason to sacrifice my 22B combo for that.
it also works off of 66B+K,6K(K),A+B

Someone probably mentioned this before but doesn't 66BA combo into 2B+K? It might be character specific but doesn't the last hit of 2B+K hit them while they are spinning?

@senzait
Yeah, I believe it does, but why would you choose 66BA, 2B+K over 66BA, aB~etc???
Algol's WR B is more practical as punishment on grd, there are WR B, 4[A+B]~slnc combos that do between 90 and 120 damage...

623A, [G]~3AA is a tech which also goes into a stun, if they stay down on 623A, [G]~ any other hits would do mediocre damage.

Btw, if you catch the enemy when the're in air with this you can almost infinitely spam it :D, found this yesterday: 2A+B whilst crouched. Right?

@Jamel: 3 main things you can do off of 623A~{G}, which are 2A+B, or 3AA~T!, or finish the combo... And 623A~{G}, 2A+B, aB, 11B does more damage than the original combo anyway considering it's guaranteed and sets up his signiture wake-up game off aB its the best of any option there... The damage from 3AA is good but most people don't tech anyway...

@Manjitou: You can spam it only so much, it's not an infinite, I recommend (depending on distance and height) using 8A+B into a combo or finishing the combo with QI B...

Combos

11A > 2A+B > aB > 8A+K, BBBB (dmg = 56 + 10 dmg per bubble that hits)

33B > 4A+B > 3BB (73 dmg)

33B > 4A+B > 9A+B > B+K (around 70 dmg)

Bubble Juggles/Combos

note:the 4[A+B] must be done immediatly against certain characters such as nightmare/Astaroth to get the super launch, others such as Sophitia must be delayed a bit
FC > WR B > 4[A+B] > 6A+B > 9A+B > B+K > B+K (90+ dmg)

FC > WR B > 4[A+B] > 6A+B > 6A+B > 9A+B > 6A+B > 4A+B > 8B+K (90 dmg)

FC > WRB > 4[A+B] > 6A+B > 6A+B > 9A+B > 4A+B > 6A+B > 9A+B > B+K (90 dmg)

@xbmv4n1t4s:
You don't have to do 9A+B... I prefer 8 but it could be 7*8*9A+B if you want, makes it easier...
The 8A+KBBBB in your first combo is more of a tech trap and not a very good one...
The 3BB in your second combo? Can that be AC'd???
With your bubble juggles, the first one, BT B+K on the second time can be AC'd...
And, the last 2 bubble juggles, can be replaced with WR B, 4{A+B}~slnc, 6A+B, 6A+B, 8A+B, 4{A+B}, 4{A+B}, D!~aB, 11B - something around 112 damage if I remember correctly...

On another note, 1B, 11A works wonders for me, very good combo & tech trap...
Also, after aB you should either be going for 11B*2B*11K for combo damage, 2A+B to catch sleepers & rolls, or 22*88A for the tech trap, all depending on your opponent, or how you've forced them to get used to your patterns... You don't exactly have to go for any of those options and force a wake-up with dashing around (I like to do 2A+B then back dash if it misses), side or back dash into 1A, or dash in and set 4{A+B} then apply mixup afterwards (I like 2B+K after this)...

With back to the wall (tested against Mitsu):
WR B > 4[A+B] Superlaunch > 6A+B > 6A+B > 8A+B > 4[A+B] > 4[A+B] > 8A+B > W! B+K > B+K

22 hits, 120 damage.

Algol has better combos in this situation off WR B but I just wanted to find a way to land two B+Ks in a row.

Also, against a jumping opponent in the corner you can do a FC A+B > FC A+B > 8A+B W! > B+K for the lulz.

With back to the wall (tested against Mitsu):
WR B > 4[A+B] Superlaunch > 6A+B > 6A+B > 8A+B > 4[A+B] > 4[A+B] > 8A+B > W! B+K > B+K

I like to go for the Throw because they land BT'd on the wall most/ alot of the time, {G}~2B+K is another good wall combo ending with 2A and 2B as tech trap followups... Besides these, you can even {G}~1B, 2A=b, aB and apply tech traps following this, seeing as 22A can re-W! and 2A+B resets the situation it could leave Algol in a better position overall...
------------------------------------------------
Not sure if someone posted this already but after QI B(air), 22B followup is a force block with SCD and +2 on Grd vs. tech or more damage than the 2B combo should they stay down...

SC5 is so close now, and no sign of Algol? Yet? The open slot (not in bottom row) is probably for Dampierre, about 6 or so characters to go, Al better be there!

SC5 is so close now, and no sign of Algol? Yet? The open slot (not in bottom row) is probably for Dampierre, about 6 or so characters to go, Al better be there!
I know, at this point I've accepted that the Bubbly Man probably won't make an appearance, and if he does he won't have his ridiculous bubble-juggles of death. ;_;

he's already been comfirmed jesus christ
I just saw he has a Soul Arena for V. Haven't been checking up on the news recently. Too busy with Skyrim.

Also, the last broadcast of SCV that I saw was entirely in moonspeak, so that didn't help at all besides gameplay footage that didn't show him.

I just saw he has a Soul Arena for V. Haven't been checking up on the news recently. Too busy with Skyrim.

Also, the last broadcast of SCV that I saw was entirely in moonspeak, so that didn't help at all besides gameplay footage that didn't show him.

He won't be shown (at least not until January) ;) LOL
Or, maybe we'll have to get the game to understand how (shitty/ good) the bottom row of characters is...

Back