Algol General Discussion/Q&A

Unlocking this motherfucker is proving to be a pain, because of nightmare's shittyness.

Do I need to win 13 straight in quick battle, because it ain't happening with legendary?
Someone please answer this man so I don't have to ask the same thing.

Do I need to win 13 straight in quick battle, because it ain't happening with legendary?
No I don't know if the win streak actually matters, but the guide seems to indicate you only need 3. You need to be at least player level 12 for him to show up in quick battle (though I was 13 when he showed up). Player level is shown in the main menu on the bar at the bottom right, doing quick battles will raise your exp. Also I beat story mode first to be sure.

I lucked out doing Legendary Souls mode!!!

I beat that shit in about 38 mins. Edge Master eating a solid 21 mins (Piece of shit JFs on reaction) and Elysium's cheap ass JF stab (3 stabs = GGs) eating up 9 mins, everyone else was easy mode.

I beat it with Ezio by constantly spamming 66_33_99 B,B (with optional BE extension) followed by alternating between A+G and B+G. I think I broke the CPU with this tactic!

Quick Note: If you choose to find him in quick battle, you must be player lv.13, and you need to beat him 3 times. Look for this guy : "TERAMOS", he's a C4 rank and easy as shit to beat.

But anyways, Fuck Legendary Souls mode Edge Master and Elysium!!

Just to clarify you only need to beat Algol himself once in quick battle, at least that's what happened for me. The guide says something about a 3 win streak but I'm pretty sure that means wins in general vs any opponents in quick battle. The guide's wording is pretty shitty in their explanation of how to unlock him.

Quick Note: If you choose to find him in quick battle, you must be player lv.13, and you need to beat him 3 times. Look for this guy : "TERAMOS", he's a C4 rank and easy as shit to beat.

Just to clarify you only need to beat Algol himself once in quick battle, at least that's what happened for me. The guide says something about a 3 win streak but I'm pretty sure that means wins in general vs any opponents in quick battle. The guide's wording is pretty shitty in their explanation of how to unlock him.

yeah you only have to beat him once in quick battle to get him. I'm thinking legendary mode might be faster to unlock him though from the sounds of it

yeah you only have to beat him once in quick battle to get him. I'm thinking legendary mode might be faster to unlock him though from the sounds of it

It actually is faster to unlock him through Legendary Souls, but you have to be very comfortable with the character you're using and play as cheap as possible. Also you have to be enduring with Edge Master's cheap JF reactions...

Is everyone aware that after normal CE you get a free 4BA QI A+B for like 60 dmg. Also does it feel like bubbles are useless or is it just me.

Are you referring to a level 1 CE?

236236 A+B+K, 4BA, QI A+B ? Or were you referring to something else? After a level 1 CE I seemed to only connect BB for free afterwards.

Bubbles seem hella useful to me. It's all about 3D depth perception IMO. They seem to think the bubble is going to hit them so they react differently. I mixup off of that, using 6B+K or 44B or 2B+K B, throws, etc.

Force Destruct - After a normal 4BA, QI A+B combo, I usually do another Qflip into mixups.

In terms of unlocking Algol in Legendary Souls, I did Yoshi's FC 3K into FC B multiple times. Multiple sword sweep combos also worked against opponents. They just kept falling for it. Beat it in 30 minutes.

It seems like there's a possibility to "trap" the opponent and connect an unblockable if you get enough bubbles on the screen with the right placement. For example, opponent by the wall, BE 4A+B, 214A+B. Do you all think this is possible at high level or is it a gimmick?

Please bear with me as this is my first real Soul Calibur game and I'm learning all of the tactics, notations, and combos. I look forward to reading and posting more in this thread.

Peace

So apparently, you can unlock Algol if an oppnent online uses him against you. Any US players want to help me out on Friday? :p

Algol is nuts. I've played a few ridiculously good Algol players online lately.

Question is: now that GI costs meter how do you deal with bubble shield bullshit? Just guarding seems impractical as of the moment. Also, that back step killer (4B+K?) he has is awesome (I say that very begrudgingly).

Theres no more slow bubbles just wait em out...

Algols more of an aggressive zoner now kinda like vega since your mid range pokes stuff a fuckton

ill try posting it later, been going through the threads as quick as i humanly can posting frame data, only got lexia,asty,tira,aplhapat, and patrokolos done so far. will work my way soon if real life doesnt give me problems lol

thank you, we appreciate the effort

Theres no more slow bubbles just wait em out...

Algols more of an aggressive zoner now kinda like vega since your mid range pokes stuff a fuckton

I noticed that if one does hit you it's always a crumple stun. Is that right?

Back