Algol General Discussion/Q&A

Any word on if he is banned from tournaments still from SCIV or is he fair game now?

He is legal until further notice I believe. He doesn't seem even remotely overpowered to me at this time so if anyone does ban him they are stupid. I'd like if we try to stay away from ban discussions in the SA though.

I managed to unlock him myself, took a while since I'm completely new to the SC universe but I followed what people had written and beat him in quick match after beating Story Mode and getting Player Level 13.

I'm also wondering is someone planning on capturing some combos for a combo guide/video/tutorial what not for Algol? I'm more of a learn by seeing the combos executed in a video rather then read combo lists though I'm very glad alot of people are contributing already with awesome combos even though I can't manage to pull everything off just yet.

His combos are easier than easy to pull off. If ure using pad like I then map a button to bk, ab and abk. All his meter combos are just either 3b abk, or 66b abk. The only thing that would seem remotely annoying is 3b be q flip ab abk. But the flip ab be will come out just by mashing on abk.

To what someone posted earlier. B8 seems pretty useless. If you couldn't air controll after it we could get some pretty sick stuff like 44B B8 A+B 66B etc... but alas... D:

To what someone posted earlier. B8 seems pretty useless. If you couldn't air controll after it we could get some pretty sick stuff like 44B B8 A+B 66B etc... but alas... D:

you can use it for some combos to his CE but otherwise yeah it does seem pretty useless. generally you can do more damage with BEs in those situations anyway

you can use it for some combos to his CE but otherwise yeah it does seem pretty useless. generally you can do more damage with BEs in those situations anyway

hmm... speaking of B8, besides use in a few combos I think the intended use is as an anti air. Granted theres not a ton of big air moves in the game which you can react to with it but its the same speed as B and does more dmg. In terms of hitting in the air it should actually be faster than B because the hitbox arch's the other way round.

Catcing pyrrahs 8B+K in the air with B8 gives 66B BE 4BA gives 85-92 dmg depending on if you get the JF or not with 25%....

anybody else noticing that random step kinda beats algol? not having a safe reliable tracking mid is driving me nuts.

yea, stepping is super strong in this game. luckly not SC2 lvl of stepping. and of course cervs got the step killing juice, hes too damn manly to dodge.

anybody else noticing that random step kinda beats algol? not having a safe reliable tracking mid is driving me nuts.

well you've got 22A but it is pretty slow. 3AA is kinda bleh cause of range and safety but I guess we have to use it sometimes

NOT GOOD ENOUGH. i want better step killing options besides a 27f step move and a 22f mid thats -14 on block. neither of them are effective when someone gets close mid to close range on you. which is gonna happen consider bubbles are but a shadow of there former self.

actually, you've got 2A as well though that's not technically mid. you don't have to worry about it getting TCed though, and it gives you a lot of advantage when it hits

oh no doubt 2a is certified. its plus 8 on hit too. but at close range it kinda becomes a 2a fest cuz what other options do you have? and that will not stop a good pat player lol. hes got some tools, its just the risk vs reward for stepping him is so high. step and eat a 2a? eh its like 10 dmg, ill just block whatevers next. oh he tried to check me with a FC3b? oh its LAUNCHING TIME!!!

44AA is pretty safe to most characters at mid range due to the amount it pushes out- likewise 4AB is reasonably safe in most matchups at tip. Up close you've got AA, 2A, and throws, which is workable.

Also 44AA builds crazy meter, and Algol is pretty great at converting meter into damage.

pretty safe
my answer to that is a good natsu... i am not about to let myself get blown up and not make it outta pools because my move is "pretty safe".

on another note, watched a replay of chaos1x (solid canadian algol) and his 2a LITERALLY went through a voldo players body... this man was so rushed.... been finding glitches all over... like his 4b+k glitch. where sometimes if you 4b+k them and they do a move at the same time the chair connects....but it flips by them returning to algol and the chair sticks to his hand.... and the opponent is free to do whatever.... then later i tried to combo into a RO ( i did 6kk as a punish, otg 3bBE a+bbBE into 66b for RO) but when i did a+bbBE when he is supposed to teleport back into the ring.... algol disappeared for like ten seconds.... just not on the screen, so the enemy gets up....starts moving around....and here comes algol...somehow on the floor face down ...came up right through the floor......T^T

all these glitches were in live sessions btw. unless they fix him, im playing some one else. im not about to be at FR working my way through pools, then i hit my game winning combo into RO ....only to have the game go derp and i get knocked into losers -_-

my answer to that is a good natsu... i am not about to let myself get blown up and not make it outta pools because my move is "pretty safe".

Whether it's safe or not depends on how well you've spaced the move. You're going to have trouble finding a character that doesn't benefit from that skill.

Bubbles are a means to get in, setup oki at angle at the wall, combo filler off CH 1B, or cover the clock during the last few seconds of a match. Or combo into CE2. Not much else at the moment. You will probably only win versus vegtables if all you do is throw bubbles all match.

It's -17. Is it possible to guarantee a just guard against i17 punishers like most 3Bs or Natsu's 66B or are those attacks guaranteed as a punish?
on another note, watched a replay of chaos1x (solid canadian algol) and his 2a LITERALLY went through a voldo players body...
Voldo's hurtboxes practically disappear during his evades. 2A whiffed against Voldo's A+K evade in SCIV, too. Also some of Taki's flipkick BS makes 2A go through her legs.

It's -17. Is it possible to guarantee a just guard against i17 punishers like most 3Bs or Natsu's 66B or are those attacks guaranteed as a punish?
Voldo's hurtboxes practically disappear during his evades. 2A whiffed against Voldo's A+K evade in SCIV, too. Also some of Taki's flipkick BS makes 2A go through her legs.
its wasnt during an evade... voldo was clearly blocking..... i have uploaded a video of it here

i have other videos of the algol glitches i have found uploading right now... will post when they are finished uploading

Back