Algol Movelist Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad they didn't completely overhaul him. I really like the buff to Q-flip A+B and I can see some combo potential from it. CE damage is ridiculous though. I can alreaady see the hatemail. :p

Same here, I was dreading a complete style change. Yeah, it's actually gonna be a common tool used in combos/set ups now by the looks of it.

Lol yeah, I've already had my friends call OP when I told them, but remember he has to use a max meter for all that damage, with anything less than 200% he just gets a little damage and a stun to work with.

I may be wrong but didn't see any 1b or 1a. I'd guess that 1a would recieve a slight range nerf, hoping that 1b remains untouched though :D

I'm really liking the way he's turned out - looks a lot more fun to play and less turtely even though I never played him that way. Even if he ended up low-mid tier which I'd doubt I wouldn't mind, only complaint atm is a couple people saying how long he takes to unlock.

No you're right, there were no 1A or 1B ... I really hope for some reason he totally forgot to do them, especially 1B.

well he didn't do all that many moves, it was only 2 matches anyway. hopefully he still has 2B+K as well

I just noticed the BE bubble attack babalook mentioned earlier.
So it looks like you can BE at least the first bubble from Qflip A+B,B dunno about other bubble attacks, possibly.

But anyway, I'm guessing the input is Qflip A+B, A+B+K and when he fires the 2nd shot he teleports to the other side of the opponent, ending off back turned.

No idea yet as to why you'd spend 50% of your meter on that, since even his BT B was too slow to hit while Aeon was in the air (assuming he did it asap).

Unless BT B+K is possible, or it's to stop/confuse punish attempts? Who knows, but I don't think I'll be spending much meter on that atm.

Courtesy of awesome 8wayrunner SWBeta, I have info on Algol's entire movelist :D!
I apologize for the long post but I'm super excited to share this info with you all and I thought this would be the best way to do just that :)

A couple disclaimers however:
  1. Unchanged = Unchanged as far as I know/can tell
  2. I only have the info of the properties of all of these moves on NH, I have no idea if the CH properties are the same/different/whatever.
  3. My apologies to the OP but I just got this info like an hour ago and it's all 100% accurate. I'm not trying to 1-up anybody, just trying to help out and make these last couple days a little less painful :)
  4. Spoiler tags weren't cooperating so, again, I apologize for the wall. Also, I have no idea why some sections are randomly bolded, it's not my doing :( Fixed, huzzah!
  5. I hope you enjoy and if there're any mistakes/confusions/updates(Excuse: it's late xD) then don't hesitate to let me know and I'll try to update it/explain as best I can.
HORIZONTALS
  • AA - Unchanged
  • 6A.A.B - Same string but idk if it's still NC. Last hit launches behind and combos into BT A+B(old BT B+K)
  • 3A.A - Same string, received a nerf. No idea if it's still NC but it no longer gives a "fallen onto backside" stun. It's just a stun that leave them on the ground face-up. Looks like it can't be followed by 2A+B
  • 2A - Unchanged
  • 1A - Old 11A(RIP SCIV 1A)
  • 4A.B - The A part is same as old 4A and the B part is his old A+B except it doesn't stun, just knocks back and knocks down(cold stun on CH). Sadly, there are no other variations. 4A.A is gone
  • FC/WR/ 8/BT/BT FC A - Unchanged
VERTICALS
  • B.B - Shorter range, less godly :(
  • b8 - New move, very strange. It's a very fast, high poke but it seems like it'll only hit on air-borne and when it hits it doesn't do anything special. No knock down, seemingly useless. We shall see!
  • 6B.B(hit or during guard) B - "New" string. First hit looks identical to his old 6B, second hit and third hit is his old 4B.B(where he hits with an overhead poke and then shoots the bubble to create space). First 2 hits are highs(bubble is like all bubbles, special-mid).
  • 3B.B - Unchanged
  • 2B - Unchanged
  • 1B - Same as old except nerfed. No longer stuns on NH and may have less range, hard to tell. No idea what it does on CH or what stun it gives.
  • 4B.A - His old 66B.A
  • 623B - Unchanged(still has the aGI)
  • FC 8B - New move(GB headbutt is gone). It's a fast, TJing mid that stuns on NH(leaving them KD face-up).
  • WR B - Same but nerfed, doesn't seem to launch as high(possibly launches higher on CH).
  • FC/FC 3/8/BT/BT FC B - Unchanged
KICKS
  • K - Unchanged
  • 6K.K - Now his old WR (K), mid-high
  • 3K - Changed, now has the animation of his K6 without the blade extending from his foot.
  • 2K- Unchanged
  • 1K - Unchanged, idk if it still has the stun on CH(probably does)
  • 4K and 4(K) - Unchanged
  • WR K.K - Now his old 6K.K and the second K can still be held for GB.
  • FC/8/BT/BT FC K - Unchanged
A+B/B+K
***Note on bubbles: There are no longer any JF versions(no slow versions except 8A+B), in fact they seem to travel faster(could just be me). Unless mine eyes deceive me, they actually stun(KD facing-up) on NH!
  • A+B - Old 6A+B
  • 6A+B - Old 6B+K
  • 2A+B - Unchanged
  • 4A+B - Unchanged
  • 8A+B - Now his old 8(A+B) aka the JF version of 8A+B except now it's not a JF and there doesn't seem to be a way to do a fast bubble version of 8A+B(I hope that makes sense).
  • 214A+B - Unchanged
  • FC A+B - Unchanged
  • BT A+B - Old BT B+K
  • B+K - Chair teleport, unchanged
  • 6B+K - Old 2B+K
  • 2B+K(during hit/guard) B - Old 2A+K.B
  • 4B+K - Seems unchanged, didn't see the attack throw animation.
  • BT B+K - Chair teleport with a twist, he teleports right behind the opponent(literally) and the chair apparently hits the opponent causing a brief "fall to my knees" stun that looks shakeable. Leaves Algol BT
8-WAY RUN
  • 66A - Unchanged, possibly more reach
  • 33_99 A.B(during hit)K - Old 623A.B(during hit)K
  • 22A - Unchanged
  • 44_11_77A.A - New string. First hit is(I think) the same as his old 44A, second hit is his old 66A+B.
  • 66B - Old aB, supposedly better
  • 33_99B.B - Same as his 3B.B
  • 22_88B - Unchanged
  • 11_77B - Unchanged
  • 44B - His go-to super launcher, has the same animation and launch of old 33B.
  • 66_33_99K - Unchanged(I think, don't really remember xD)
  • 22_88K - Unchanged
  • 11_77K - Unchanged
  • 44K - This could be because I don't quite remember his 8WR kicks all that well but I think this move may be new. An overhead, fluid kick that stuns(KD facing-up) on NH.
  • 66A+B - Old 66B+K
  • 66B+K - Old 8B+K
  • Running K - Unchanged
GRABS
  • They're all there and all the same animation. No idea if they got buffed or nerfed in damage.
STANCE/SPECIAL
  • 41236(aka Qflip) - Unchanged
  • Qflip A - Now has GB property
  • Qflip B - Unchanged(still has the attack throw animation on airborne hit)
  • Qflip K - Unchanged
  • Qflip A+B.B - Shoots two bubbles now, the first bubble is small and the second bubble is larger.
  • 8B+K - Unchanged(Idk if there's a shortened term for this but it's considered a stance now, Thuban Duhr, so I'll just use 8B+K for the time being)
  • 8B+K BBBB - Unchanged(Note: these bubbles do not stun on NH)
  • 8B+K K - Unchanged, has Clean Hit property. Lawl.
BRAVE EDGES/CRITICAL EDGE
  • 66bA+B+K - GB version of 66B and instead of KDing it sends them flying to the other side of the stage and then Algol summons his chair to hit the airborne opponent back to you, essentially juggling them. Looks completely made for a 2A+B bubble combo of choice. There's also a suggested combo made in the combo section: 1B(CH)~2A+B~66B BE~4B.A
  • 3_33_99bA+B+K - Old 3B Qflip except now it's locked to BE, but now you can also do it from 33_99B inputs as well.
  • FC 8bA+B+K: This one is a little strange but basically it's a fast looking TJing 2 hit mid headbutt(no GB) and he also hits with the blades on his back. I don't really see anything special about it at the moment but my ability to test is nonexistent. It also gives the "fast crumple stun" on NH. Should be interesting to find its use and/or if it's actually worth spending meter on(watch me be wrong and it actually turns out to be one of his best moves xD)
  • 4a+bA+B+K - He shoots out two consecutive sets of 4A+B bubbles, the first set moves fast and the second set moves a lot slower. I'm assuming this will be used for cornering set-ups.
  • Qflip A+B.bA+B+K - Teleports Algol in front of them FT after the second bubble shot of Qflip A+B.B. I'm assuming this BE will turn into a giant mix-up/pressure catalyst. Might even initiate a sort of back-throw mix-up if it teleports Algol fast enough(I'm not sure) where the opponent is BT blocking the bubbles while Algol is FT behind them set-up for a free back grab or launcher mix-up. Should be interesting! Also, I'm assuming if the bubbles hit grounded then they bounce the opponent up high since the 2nd bubble would hit after the first bubble pops them up in the air. Since the BE places you perfectly in front of them to pull off a bubble combo, it'll probably be part of an awesome BE combo like:
    33bA+B+K~Qflip A+BbA+B+K~66A+B~66bA+B+K~33A.B.K :D!
  • The Almighty CE - Okay, so his 236236A+B+K just summons the chair and does 15 damage, lol don't panic. The input to do the "full CE"(uses both bars or maybe 1 and a half? Not sure) is 236236A+B+K and then during the chair summoning you input another 236A+B+K. It does a massive 140 damage on NH, not sure how well it'll scale in a combo but yeah, wow xD Also, one of the sample combos is 66B~CE so yes, it hits OTG :)
Aaaand that's it!

66B BE and maaaybe 4A+B in specific oki setups seem like the only things worth spending meter on outside of CE based on your description. adfasfa; why does it take 5 years to unlock algol

No problem, mine was just going by what little we could see in the streams, you've got solid info.
Although I think I prefered not knowing it all lol, he's took some serious nerfs there...
1B especially, the loss of old 1A etc, not so happy anymore x'D

Good stuff goofy.

I don't mind most of the changes, the bubble change is probably a good one, I'll miss amazing 1b and 1a though lol.
Thing I like the most is the change of the 3b qi flip input. Doing it consistently with dpad on the 2p side always annoyed me. Time to finally map a button to A+B+K.

can you combo after his normal CE
After his 15 damage chair summoning? On NH, no I don't think so as the animation leaves him in something similar to his 4B+K state(that's the window where you're supposed to input an additional 236A+B+K to get full CE) so even though the opponent is stunned, I doubt you can do anything.

Does the Ce otg?
Yes, one of the sample combos is 66B~full CE(though I'm not sure if just the chair drop would work).

66B BE and maaaybe 4A+B in specific oki setups seem like the only things worth spending meter on outside of CE based on your description. adfasfa; why does it take 5 years to unlock algol
Sort of agreed, because as I mentioned, I have no idea how much damage these moves do or how well his combos scale. I think there could be some pretty nice uses for Qflip A+BbA+B+K in BE combos and such. That and 3_33_99bA+B+K could be a really nice whiff-punisher.

No problem, mine was just going by what little we could see in the streams, you've got solid info.
Although I think I prefered not knowing it all lol, he's took some serious nerfs there...
1B especially, the loss of old 1A etc, not so happy anymore x'D
Ah, thank you for understanding :) Yeah he's taken a considerable amount of nerfs but like I said, his damage and CH properties(which I don't have info on) may be insane. Don't lose hope just yet :)

Good stuff goofy.

I don't mind most of the changes, the bubble change is probably a good one, I'll miss amazing 1b and 1a though lol.
Thing I like the most is the change of the 3b qi flip input. Doing it consistently with dpad on the 2p side always annoyed me. Time to finally map a button to A+B+K.
Thank you but I'm just relaying the info I got from SWBeta, kudos to him :) Bubbles do seem pretty darn nice and I'm really wondering how they'll interact with jG(maybe not worth it given the crumple stun risk) and GI(half meter to deflect a bubble? Nty haha). Omg, glad to know I'm not alone with Qflip input frustration xD Agreed.

After his 15 damage chair summoning? No I don't think so as the animation leaves him in something similar to his 4B+K state(that's the window where you're supposed to input an additional 236A+B+K to get full CE) so even though the opponent is slightly stunned, you can't do anything.

In the second fight, where he hits with the lvl1 CE, Daishi got in a 44B launch before they fell down, so I think you probably can get a combo in after it, it was a CH though so I don't know if that affects it.

Ah, thank you for understanding :) Yeah he's taken a considerable amount of nerfs but like I said, his damage and CH properties(which I don't have info on) may be insane. Don't lose hope just yet :)

I was tempted to lose hope x'D but the bubble KD is great news, and yeah I'm hoping for some very damaging CH combos now then!

Looks like you were right Goofy :C
NH lvl1 CE doesn't appear to give you anything, what a waste of meter...
I hope at least the CH stun gives a free launch, like in the 2nd fight with Daishi, that may have just been the death stun though :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back