All Purpose Hypothetical Super Soul Calibur 5 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he means that the story is bad by default just because their favorite character didn't have much of a role in it. Because apparently a story can suck cause it didn't have 28 people in it. >.<
And apparently a FIGHTING GAME! sucks if your favorite character does not appear on the story mode...

What the fuck are you even trying to say? "everyone who wasn't included was empty"? What the fuck?
Shit I turned into Viola...What I meant was everyone who wasn't included was nothing more than a character who fought, there wasn't a story to that player therefore, they're empty. They may have a biography, but that story ain't going no where.

Am I the only person who sees what's wrong with the Story mode? It was a failure(The mode, not the game).

literally everything you've said ever
funny-jpg.8692

OMFG T-T these casuals, srsly kids in a fighting game the story mode is like a bonus is nice to have one but is not what defines the game.

its invalid because? I argue what is mutually agreed upon. Gameplay is widely debatable which means that I cant just say I want the engine to be (x) when others would say there should be a bit of (y) or neither but I guess tournament players never think that far and like to argue obnoxiously and bitch about subjective experiences differing in each fight they have right? True gamers.

Frame data, move hitboxes, combos and interactions between players are utterly subjective and not at all determinable, good to know.

Am I the only person who sees what's wrong with the Story mode? It was a failure(The mode, not the game).
In a fighting game you're supposed to tell what a character's personality is just by how they fight, victory poses, and quotes. These characters aren't deep, there isn't a need to there to be a detail story about a personified cliche (AKA every FG character ever).

In a fighting game you're supposed to tell what a character's personality is just by how they fight, victory poses, and quotes. These characters aren't deep, there isn't a need to there to be a detail story about a personified cliche (AKA every FG character ever).
I hate you so much right now(not really) Anyways, you make a good point. But the major games like Tekken and Street Fighter have endings and story modes for every character. I'm telling you now, if SC tries another single character story, they won't get many players.

This here: is a casual thread, wTF do you think we'd be talking about here? lmao. Goodbye.
The title says "Hypothetical Super Soul Calibur V". The actual parts of the game that matter (mechanics and balance) are a part of that too.
I hate you so much right now(not really) Anyways, you make a good point. But the major games like Tekken and Street Fighter have endings and story modes for every character. I'm telling you now, if SC tries another single character story, they won't get many players.
What's the point of the Tekken stories if they aren't even cannon? Only Jin's is... Can't say anything about SF though, I don't play that game.

The title says "Hypothetical Super Soul Calibur V". The actual parts of the game that matter (mechanics and balance) are a part of that too.

What's the point of the Tekken stories if they aren't even cannon? Only Jin's is... Can't say anything about SF though, I don't play that game.
It keeps you interested, as a story should. Patroklos trying to find his sister and then living happily ever after isn't interesting.

It keeps you interested, as a story should. Patroklos trying to find his sister and then living happily ever after isn't interesting.
So a 5 minute arcade run with a small cut scene at the end is what keeps you interested in Fighting Games? FGs don't sound like they're for you to be honest.

And apparently a FIGHTING GAME! sucks if your favorite character does not appear on the story mode...
I really wonder where you're getting these notions from, or are you actually making them up?
1. I never said you couldnt talk about the gameplay. When did I imply that? Gameplay is just half of the entire franchise like it or not. It is a priotrity sure but theres only so much you can argue about it. it either sucks or it doesnt, its either broken or it works as people would generalize so power to you if you know more about this than I.
2. Thats the writers' fault making everything irrevevant but their personal favourites.

So a 5 minute arcade run with a small cut scene at the end is what keeps you interested in Fighting Games? FGs don't sound like they're for you to be honest.
Heck of a lot better than Patroklos' story. How about SCIII's story, that's what we wanted.(I speak for myself of course.)

Heck of a lot better than Patroklos' story. How about SCIII's story, that's what we wanted.(I speak for myself of course.)
SCV's story is told in nearly the same way as SCIII's ffs... You start on a map, you click the point, you continue on the the level. The only differences is during SCIII's story you get these choices that don't make a difference and in SCV there are voice acting introductions and conclusions for every level and some cut scenes during special events.

SCV's story is told in nearly the same way as SCIII's ffs... You start on a map, you click the point, you continue on the the level. The only differences is during SCIII's story you get these choices that don't make a difference and in SCV there are voice acting introductions and conclusions for every level and some cut scenes during special events.
They give you a choice of CHARACTERS, that's what really mattered.

OMFG T-T these casuals, srsly kids in a fighting game the story mode is like a bonus is nice to have one but is not what defines the game.
Why can't a Fighting Game have fantastic balanced gameplay and good story/good single player modes? Not only tournament players play this game. Who are you to say that gameplay is the only thing that matters? If only people that cared exclusively about gameplay bought this game it probably wouldn't sell very well. This casual vs tournament player mentality is stupid. Nobody is playing the game any better than anyone else. Just differently.

I guess, it is like I mean if you don't conect to you char you can't understand, now don't come with they don't exist...s***** can't bring myself to say, so stuff will do, so no one of fictional does, but yet you can get fond of them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back