Alpha Patroklos Combo Discussion

Heres the combo you guys can test out...

1b:B, 3b:B, 8a+bb, 2a(BE), (foward tech)delayed 66b, 8a+bb, Twister

If you use 3b:B(BE) it will send him too far for the 2a(BE) to hit after the 8a+bb
Also, you have to delay the 66b for like a split second, till you see him rising, and it will hit ONLY if he is teching foward

Here are Alpha Patroklos combo's. His combo's start at 2:53.

Note: if anyone is having trouble doing the Sakura twister, the 214 can be buffered during the recovery of other moves. You just have input 3aB or, 3:aB (for the just frame version). It makes doing double Sakura Twisters on grounded opponents alot simpler and, very rewarding damage. Just know that when double sakura twisters on ground splat opponents, the second Sakura Twister must always be the just frame version.

Heres the combo you guys can test out...

1b:B, 3b:B, 8a+bb, 2a(BE), (foward tech)delayed 66b, 8a+bb, Twister

If you use 3b:B(BE) it will send him too far for the 2a(BE) to hit after the 8a+bb
Also, you have to delay the 66b for like a split second, till you see him rising, and it will hit ONLY if he is teching foward

Nobody techs forward. After 2A BE which leaves in front of you just do 8A+BB...if opponent techs it will hit, if he doesnt tech it will relaunch. If he always techs you can tech trap him with 236aB slide...

1b:b, 1b:b, 2143b:b be, 8a+b,b, 2a be, 2143:aB - 121 dmg, 1 meter

the 2a BE in that combo seems kind of useless, it's an extra 13 damage for half a meter. It's around 107 with a JF twister without the 2a BE.

Woa
1b(just)b, 1b(just)b, FC 3b(just)b, (then end with whatever)

This works.... now that looks sexy... but i hope you like just frames lol
(and if you play alpha you do:))

Yeah - but there is a trade off: you can't end that combo with 2 Umbrellas.
I use 1B:B, 1B:B for wall/RO carry now:

1B:B, 1B:B, 2143B:B BE, 236BA will RO at RIDICULOUS distance, lol.

Speaking of which, here's some advice to people who use unsafe moves vs. Alpha in the cage: TECH RIGHT.
Because from the center of a closed cage this will instant kill:
JF Umbrella (punish), 2362BA (Tech right here), !W, 1B:B, JF Umbrella, 2362BA (again, tech right here). RO.
And if they do tech right, bA them for max damage instead, lol.

Synraii: What are the best uses you've found for the 2362BA technique in combos? I use it after CH 11_77 A. I actually came in here to post about that and saw you were talking about it which is why I ask. I'm very curious to see how many other practical applications can be found for i8WR moves via 236 buffers.

Regarding 236~8WR (i8WR). Most of you have probably already played with this and realized the potential. I did want to note, however, that you can only use 8WR moves from 4 1 2 3 6. Using 236~7_8_9 will not yield the respective 8WR moves for those directions. This doesn't really have practical implications, but I thought it should be noted.

@b4k4 22BA as I currently use it:

In combos, maximum damage should be ones primary concern imo, so positioning is important if you are considering 22BA as an alternative after like 66B and 1B:B combos. Which is to say, it needs a wall combo or a RO as reward.

First of all, understand the differances between 22BA and 2362BA as the quickstep on 22B will give a differant directional launch. One is forward, one is right.
CH FC3B:B 22BA will not combo, CH FC3B:B 2362BA will however, to be able to use both, the 3B:B must be the BE.

Oki in double umbrella enders:
You do have a 2362BA relaunch oppertunity after the first umbrella, bA to catch the escape. I say this because risk/reward is ass with only bA to catch right tech - if they stay down and it whiffs you're in trouble, same with evading 22BA. Where it comes into its own however is when you have meter. I say this because you know what else catches right tech? 2A - which combos into CE. In this situation, by a wall your opponent has to guess between being piccked up into a wall combo, or eat the CE which can be confirmed into and should 2A whiff is basically risk free.

As for 236, the no 7_8_9 thing has been known for years with SCIV Setsuka, as for SCIII I don't know, lol.

Finally, an important use for i8WR is 2363B - which allows you to do 33B without the quickstep and allows you to punish with it and interrupt charge strings, giving a nasty CH combo.

Can somebody do the work and check after which staple moves 2362BA is guaranteed as a replace? Maybe as an round ender when you dont want to do Umbrella...but i think it can be teched sometimes.

EDIT: Too slow, lol. Question answered above.

Yeah docvizzo that's kinda what I was doing with it.

Synraii: Thanks for the detailed breakdown, ring position considerations are definitely worth noting. If I'm stating things that have been common knowledge to Setsuka players, my bad. My last serious foray into the SC world was SC2. I basically lived in my local arcade(s), and I think my PS2 copy had an 800 hour file, and that was after my brother corrupted the first one XD. I've been on a hiatus since then (mostly skipped SC3, completely missed SCIV), but now I'm back. I therefore might make some "discoveries" that have long since been explored lol.

I did not know 2A combos into CE. Oh man, I'm going to make so many people salty with that.

Regarding 22_88 BA vs. 2362 BA - I'm interested to know what moves allow only for the i8WR version, and which give you time to step so you can choose (as in your CH FC 3B:B example). Like, I've noticed that after 66A+B, 2362 BA will connect, but 22_88 BA will not. That kind of thing.

Hey,

does anybody (Cheese? :P ) know how to nail 33B NH into aGB 2A BE Umbrella JF?

i know that shit is possible, but it drives me insane. I know it works on Sieg...125ish Damage or something.

I try to do 33B then 236 and buffer aGB into the dash etc to shorten recoevery, but its so sick hard.

Any tip besides dont use it? :P

EDIT: Meh i get agB quite often on ZWEI (Huge Hitbox), but then 2A whiffs....just think Siegs Hitbox is too small...also works on Asta quite ok but i cant get 2A to connect.

For all the Umbrella Noobs:

Against

ASTA
ZWEI
Raphael
Sieg

etc etc

A+G 8A+BB 44B+K (!!) is guaranteed for only 4 damage less the JF Umbrella....64. You might check the other big guys...

This means also AA etc hits, but i did not find a new combo. They can AC back after AA to avoid Umbrella.

EDIT: Also i found a way on making 2A BE work on Omega after A+G Throw. If you Tap 44 after A+G and then do 8A+BB, you still launch her and 2A BE connect, you just need to take a step back.

Try it, not too easy, but doable.

For all the Umbrella Noobs:

Against

ASTA
ZWEI
Raphael
Sieg

etc etc

A+G 8A+BB 44B+K (!!) is guaranteed for only 4 damage less the JF Umbrella....64. You might check the other big guys...

This means also AA etc hits, but i did not find a new combo. They can AC back after AA to avoid Umbrella.

EDIT: Also i found a way on making 2A BE work on Omega after A+G Throw. If you Tap 44 after A+G and then do 8A+BB, you still launch her and 2A BE connect, you just need to take a step back.

Try it, not too easy, but doable.

I will give that a shot. I still haven't been able to crack JF Twister/Umbrella so this pertains to me, LOL.

Thanks for sharing the info.

Quick question on the 1B:B into 1B:B combos-
I thought that the stun was shakeable? Are these fast enough vs a competent shaker?

Old shake was a 6 directional input:
In training mode I have performed a 22 directionl input and it still comboed - its not shakeable anymore, its +15.

Was the fact that tip range 1B:B into 3B works known? When I was checking stuff vs Natsu I did 1B:B, 3B, agB, JF twister for 93 dmg. Maybe there are some stronger options, I dunno.

Was the fact that tip range 1B:B into 3B works known? When I was checking stuff vs Natsu I did 1B:B, 3B, agB, JF twister for 93 dmg. Maybe there are some stronger options, I dunno.

Nope didnt know. Just tested against Omega and when you add 2A BE its 108 DMG. But normal Combo seems more practical :)

Nope didnt know. Just tested against Omega and when you add 2A BE its 108 DMG. But normal Combo seems more practical :)
Yep, and it doesn't work any better even on bigger characters.

btw leave that Omega alone already :P You should try to figure out Maxi next for the matchup thread! I bet Jag will play him, he's got sick damage output, probably even stronger than Alpha.

Back