Amateur Leixia player needs help

Here's a trick to help you land it really consistently.

Aftert you crush with an appropriate move, wait and watch for the instant your opponent starts their "reeling backwards" animation, then input the following: 4, 4, 4, [A].

This works for me consistently, and I am able to land it with about 90% success online.

Here's a trick to help you land it really consistently.

Aftert you crush with an appropriate move, wait and watch for the instant your opponent starts their "reeling backwards" animation, then input the following: 4, 4, 4, [A].

This works for me consistently, and I am able to land it with about 90% success online.

Thanks for the awesome tip. I was able to successfully land the 44[A] much more easily after guard breaking with the correct moves. This is leixia's absolutely best combo I believe (other than wall).

Hi everyone

So I started in late SC IV. Xianghua was my main and I got a pathetic 20% win ratio no matter how hard I tried. I was a noob, fine. When started with V, I naturally picked Leixia as my main and I was doing OK. Up to this date I had about 1300 or so matches online and about 75% ratio.

Ok so I guess my result is above average. And I soooo want to believe that the characters in this game are balanced. But I can't help.

Yeah this is another whining thread complaining about Leixia but I am here to look for advice. And I try to use as many reasons as possible to prove my points.

First thing I have to say is, why does it take soooo much effort to win a match using Leixia. I also use nightmare from time to time. It was just soooo easy. Winning a match with Leixia, even a against a half decent player, is just a monumental effort.

Against relatively new players I usually have no problem wining. I play very aggressively but not spamming. I try to predict their move and strategically place my moves. And I find that with Leixia, I either win with not very much doubt. Or I lose completely, there just is nothing I can try to sway the battle towards my favour even a little bit.

START READING HERE IF YOU DON'T LIKE TO HEAR MY STORY

The type of players I always lose to is, well you probably guessed, turtles. who just keep guarding, stay a bit farther than throw range (or knows how to break throws) and there is simply nothing I try that will work.

Here comes my reasons.
1. She has no good lows. 2A+B and 11AA can both be reaction blocked and the feint version is just pathetically slow and can be easily countered.

2. What is up with the 33/99 BB whiff these days, isn't that supposed to be a slight tracking move? especially when whey are grounded?

3. So what about zoners, Leixia has few if any good approaching moves. So many times I get pissed off by the zoners just standing there waiting for me to take the initiative, just pathetic cowards.

4. Range. Her range is slightly better than maxi and natsu, but anyone else will best her in range. And of course that brings me to damage.

5. ..................what can I say about damage..................so many times I pull off a super combo then look at the opponent's health bar, sigh and laugh. So she has to attack about 20,30 times to kill someone. More attack means more opening for the opponent to counter.

So what should i do. I don't mind losing to a skilled player but losing to a complete coward with little skill and just holding that G button so tight, really pisses me off.

Do you agree that Leixia is way too weak in all aspects. Especially when matched up against the major players.

People say she has safety and speed. But every character has a fast move. and that's enough to counter her. like i said above, so many more attacks leads to so many more openings. Safety doing count much when your opponent can finish you in just 3 combos.

I tried to play defensively as well. But the result is always bad. She just can't deal enough damage to reward defence.

Advice please. I plan on sticking with her no matter how much I think she is unbalanced. Maybe that determination can earn an reply from you?

thanks in advance
Low move, 22kA, K,K,B or K,K,K.

Hi! Im a leixia player too since i like chinese martial art sword dacing fight style from xianghua sc3. To me leixia is ok but im just so frustrating about namco nerf her damage output in the patch 1.02. im agreed with the following your ur points
1. Exactly true! Lack of low hit while other has many tricky low hits! You still remember xianghua has the same moves like that ? but xianghua is trickier since she's has low then mid or low then low instead of low to low like leixia :(. Fix that Namco. Look at mitsu and natsu, so many low and high mixed up.
2. Compared to xianghua, her ground whiff is bad ever, i missed all the times if ur opponent roll to another side fast enough.
3. Range is good but if you compared to mitsu range and high damage, uhm leixia is nothing :(. They said that leixia is a better version of xianghua and bigger range but i dont c any.
4. With damage my god, she is already has low damage out put since the first day this game is released. I just cant believed that Namco nerfed her damage output in 1.02. I was so so sad with this nerf and no wondered kayane changed to viola, i guess namco want kayane to try a new character instead of our chinese sword :(. Look at natsu, no matter how many nerfed damage they gave her, she is still have crazy damage output in combos with or without meter
5. Her switching just kidding moves should better improve for the next patch if available. Is just keep miss the poke if ur opponent moves a side by accident. I hate that :(. If they gave her that tricky moves why not make it faster for abit so it will truely tricky instead of slow come out and get hit by ur opponent.
Anyway, i dont meant to be any racist here, but if you look and think about it you will understand my point. Thank you :)
ground attack: 1kk. moves in circular movements so hard to avoid.

Hi! Im a leixia player too since i like chinese martial art sword dacing fight style from xianghua sc3. To me leixia is ok but im just so frustrating about namco nerf her damage output in the patch 1.02. im agreed with the following your ur points
1. Exactly true! Lack of low hit while other has many tricky low hits! You still remember xianghua has the same moves like that ? but xianghua is trickier since she's has low then mid or low then low instead of low to low like leixia :(. Fix that Namco. Look at mitsu and natsu, so many low and high mixed up.
2. Compared to xianghua, her ground whiff is bad ever, i missed all the times if ur opponent roll to another side fast enough.
3. Range is good but if you compared to mitsu range and high damage, uhm leixia is nothing :(. They said that leixia is a better version of xianghua and bigger range but i dont c any.
4. With damage my god, she is already has low damage out put since the first day this game is released. I just cant believed that Namco nerfed her damage output in 1.02. I was so so sad with this nerf and no wondered kayane changed to viola, i guess namco want kayane to try a new character instead of our chinese sword :(. Look at natsu, no matter how many nerfed damage they gave her, she is still have crazy damage output in combos with or without meter
5. Her switching just kidding moves should better improve for the next patch if available. Is just keep miss the poke if ur opponent moves a side by accident. I hate that :(. If they gave her that tricky moves why not make it faster for abit so it will truely tricky instead of slow come out and get hit by ur opponent.
Anyway, i dont meant to be any racist here, but if you look and think about it you will understand my point. Thank you :)
as for just kidding moves, here's one. 3b+k, kG, A+G. or grab.

I agree that it's hard for us Leixia players nowadays. i get frustrated when i face a mitsu player and they see i picked Leixia then have the nerve to complain about her. they have a simple yet high damaging character with many 50-50 low or mid games that it's not even funny. leixia has only two good zoning moves. 66AA (which isn't even that great because some characters like Natsu can punish easily) and 66K (which is a safer option but so low damaging that it doesn't mean much even if it does hit. it's more meant for follow ups like after Leixia's CE)

her 33BB is garbage in my opinion. only good for combos where it's guaranteed. her 8A+K needs to be better somehow. Leixia's one of the few if not the only character that has a move that's completely useless unless in a very particular situation like soul crush. been playing the game since it came out and only got one counter hit on 8A+K.

her AA(BE) is also dependent on the situation (like soul crush or if 44(A) lands) using it any other time is risky because the last hit isn't guaranteed unless the opponent is hit by 44(A) or is in Soul Crush state.

WRB(BE) isn't even the best choice anymore because the auto-GI window is delayed now.

one thing that Leixia is good at is soul crushing opponents that block too much. moves like 3A+B, K does a good amount of SG damage and if they start to catch on then fake out the K and do any of her WR moves or just low kick. 44aB is also a great SG damage move for those hesitant players or super defensive ones. Leixia is still kinda good but just takes about 80% more effort to actually beat someone with.

all in all i would suggest picking up a back up character as well. Leixia can only seem to get her players so far now.
33bb is best used for just circling the opponent and as soon as they unblock to hit you release the attack.

Hi everyone

So I started in late SC IV. Xianghua was my main and I got a pathetic 20% win ratio no matter how hard I tried. I was a noob, fine. When started with V, I naturally picked Leixia as my main and I was doing OK. Up to this date I had about 1300 or so matches online and about 75% ratio.

Ok so I guess my result is above average. And I soooo want to believe that the characters in this game are balanced. But I can't help.

Yeah this is another whining thread complaining about Leixia but I am here to look for advice. And I try to use as many reasons as possible to prove my points.

First thing I have to say is, why does it take soooo much effort to win a match using Leixia. I also use nightmare from time to time. It was just soooo easy. Winning a match with Leixia, even a against a half decent player, is just a monumental effort.

Against relatively new players I usually have no problem wining. I play very aggressively but not spamming. I try to predict their move and strategically place my moves. And I find that with Leixia, I either win with not very much doubt. Or I lose completely, there just is nothing I can try to sway the battle towards my favour even a little bit.

START READING HERE IF YOU DON'T LIKE TO HEAR MY STORY

The type of players I always lose to is, well you probably guessed, turtles. who just keep guarding, stay a bit farther than throw range (or knows how to break throws) and there is simply nothing I try that will work.

Here comes my reasons.
1. She has no good lows. 2A+B and 11AA can both be reaction blocked and the feint version is just pathetically slow and can be easily countered.

2. What is up with the 33/99 BB whiff these days, isn't that supposed to be a slight tracking move? especially when whey are grounded?

3. So what about zoners, Leixia has few if any good approaching moves. So many times I get pissed off by the zoners just standing there waiting for me to take the initiative, just pathetic cowards.

4. Range. Her range is slightly better than maxi and natsu, but anyone else will best her in range. And of course that brings me to damage.

5. ..................what can I say about damage..................so many times I pull off a super combo then look at the opponent's health bar, sigh and laugh. So she has to attack about 20,30 times to kill someone. More attack means more opening for the opponent to counter.

So what should i do. I don't mind losing to a skilled player but losing to a complete coward with little skill and just holding that G button so tight, really pisses me off.

Do you agree that Leixia is way too weak in all aspects. Especially when matched up against the major players.

People say she has safety and speed. But every character has a fast move. and that's enough to counter her. like i said above, so many more attacks leads to so many more openings. Safety doing count much when your opponent can finish you in just 3 combos.

I tried to play defensively as well. But the result is always bad. She just can't deal enough damage to reward defence.

Advice please. I plan on sticking with her no matter how much I think she is unbalanced. Maybe that determination can earn an reply from you?

thanks in advance
the good things are that she hits little. that means she has to hit alot during a match, giving her soul gauge very easy refills. another thing is, she's very fast, and has adequate range. and some attacks hit bout the same as Natsu's. so she's not underpowered :)

Back