Amy Match-up rankings

- only taki can punish bullrush. AB PO. it's -10, not -11.
- about Raph, Amy breaks about every option of prep with her 4A (not that prep was too good anyway). She can step him easily to get close so his range is no problem, and she does a lot more damage. Basically Amy will just get close and kill him. BTW he's not that fast at all. Average speed somewhat.

Now this is what I was hoping to see. I had a feeling I'd be off, but if everyone read my post with the rankings, I said this was more based on my experience facing some of the pro players with those characters. That doesn't mean I've beaten everyone, but judging from what I've learned about their character. I was expecting to see more people's opinions on their rankings with every character, but the only one I will disagree with people on if they don't agree with me is Amy vs. Yoda. A really good amy player can stop a really good Yoda player cold. I wouldn't put less than a 8:2 advantage for Amy against a yoda because although a lot of mids whiff on Yoda, Amy's timed mids can hit a yoda and her high low mix-ups can really screw with a Yoda leaving him open to attacks. And i'm not just talking about 3BA either.

high low isn't a mixup.
by the way, 3BA is a mid-low natural move, not a mixup. can't your yoda opponents block or jump 3BA ?
can't "timed mids" hit any character ? why specifically yoda anyway ?

About a matchup it would be more like speed, damage comparison and stuff like specific issues such as Yoda's hitbox. Yoda can't keep up with Amy. Also, the fact he can't be thrown is not a big issue for Amy's game because she doesn't rely on them a lot.

I also think that Yoshi may have a slight advantage in the match-up, but nothing overwhelming. Since we're all avoiding decimals here, I stuck with 5-5.

I still think X still has a slight edge over Amy (Not much but it's there) due to her range and she can take advantage of the fact that Amy can be a bit linear. However it's still close.

Just like to add that like thugish pond already said, Amy is a horrible matchup for Raphael.

Raphael's not a fast character either(i13 6BB, 2 highs, i13 K, high, and i13 FC 2A, can only be used from crouched, sp. low, and short ranged.)

He has good running/walking/stepping speed, but that's it.

Yes he's fast ! He's not in "fastest" category (that would be Taki, Xiang, Yoshi, Soph, Setsuka), but definitely in the "fast" one along with Amy, Cass, Cervantes, Talim, Yun ...

Amy is faster though : nearly all her similar moves hit 1 to 2 frames earlier. Her damage output from lows is higher (2B+K 6A+B,A FTW!!), her mids are safer, range difference she takes care of with step, his prep "launcher" is mostly taken care of by 4A... Just an overall weaker character imho. His excellent 44B can save him to some extend, (I think that's what makes it 6:4 and not 7:3), but that's not enough. The Raph player will have to work more for the win ...

Back