Amy's Just Frame moves...

Can anyone give me some tips on doing 6:6B? Doesn't matter how hard I try I just can't get that JF down. I don't have problem doing 236 K:A, can't get it to 100%, but at least I know when I should input the A for the JF to occur. But for 6:6B, I can do 66B all day, and maybe one 6:6B out of every 10 tries at the best. The problem is, I don't know what I'm doing right when I get it, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong when I don't. The "just do it as fast as you can" doesn't help. Whats the timing required for the 66? When should B be inputted? I tried doing the 66 fast, time the B with the 2nd 6, and stuff like 6B6, and all I get is one 6:6B out of nowhere now and then, really frustrating. BTW, I'm using a pad, I can't use the stick well. I do have a stick, can't get it to do the jf either, but that's probably more due to my inability to use one. Anyone know a way to actually see what command you actually send to the game? I know many 2D fighters have that option to display all your button inputs, I think the older SC have it as well? I can't find it in this one though.

There's no trick you just have to hit the 2nd 6 and B on the same frame. You might be able to hit them within 2 or 3 frames of each other. Sad to say you just have to keep practicing.

Lol, guess I expect that, its just that I don't know if I'm hitting them at the same time or not, I think I am, but the game obviously think otherwise...thats why I hope for a way to actually see my input, so I know how to shift my key strokes.

Haha i know how you feel o: i can never tell if i inputted it right when i was learning it.

Anyways you can try to do it a bit slower at first to train yourself to hit 6 and B at the same time and once you got the flow (have it embedded into your muscle memory, right? whatever lol) of it do it fast. That's how i did it, since i don't think you can see your inputs in any other way.

Relax your thumb.

Just 'cause it's fastest input doesn't mean you have to tense up when you do it.

... but I'm still messing with it though, so I'm in no position to talk >_>
maybe 60-70% success rate, being generous?

usually if I mess up B or 6B comes out. Ugh.

On 66B:A and 236K:A what's the frame window's size between B (1st) or K (2nd) and A?
That is, if it isn't just specified as immediately the next one.

As in... how many frames have we got between both inputs to hit them?

For some reason, I hit 236K:A the most when I press it like 236KKKKA at a rate of, uh, 300bpm I guess. Like most have mentioned before, if you miss the A that way, you'll guarantee the K.

Been practicing for some time, still can't get it down for use in battle, but at least I get more of them to come out in training. Just curious, how many people here use the controller/pad like me? How do you find the JFs? (success rate)

i'm usin a ps1 pad with nearly 100 percent success

well lets say nearly 100 percent when it matters lol

Please, people. x.x

On 236K:A and 66B:A how many frames have we got after we hit the last input before JF and JF's input?

PS1 controller o.O, I don't think I even seen one of those before. Is it different from ps2/ps3 controllers? You must also use a converter then, which brand do you use?

for 236K:A you tap the A when the K is supposed to hit.

example: on 236K the moment the opponet is lifted off the ground is the EXCAT moment you would tap the A....

>.>

I just finally learned the timing of 236K:A. Since my background is from street fighter, I noticed that if I do 236k with 6 and K at the same time, nothing will come out. You actually have to wait half a second for Amy to do the roll then push K.

Try to learn the timing of the K, in other word, try do 236K by pressing K only once. After you learned the timing after that, just spam A after the K, it came out for me 100% of the time. When I fail it does 236A.

For 66:B, may be the follow video will help.

For stick

For Pad

err I linked the wrong video, but you should find the pad one on the right side at "related video"

btw I didn't make those, just happen to found them after watching one of the matches from Syxx

i always struggled doing 66:B and then suddenly yesterday i could do it. with high %age, weird. 236K:A i can do quite regular gonna try 236KK:A as an imput to see if i improve it

Back