Angol Fear?

Spuro

[08] Mercenary
Any love for Angol Fear? I know that Shura has a slightly longer reach then Cervantes, and the same can also be said of Scheherazade compared to Amy, but is there any known advantages/disadvantages to playing Angol Fear compared to Seong Mi-na?

Well, she has shorter reach than Mina, which is a bit of a problem, since Mina relies on her range a good deal, which still is no Kilik range. She might have a bit more power, though don't quote me on that.

I'll be honest, I find her a very bland character. Her design is offsetting, and she looks like she fits less in the game than even the Star Wars characters. I'd say unless you're an anime fan (which I am, though I still don't like her) or a Sergent Frog fan, you probably don't like her. Keep in mind, this is just my opinion, I'm not bashing anyone who likes her, this is just my distaste for her.

no advantage, just play mina. Bonus characters are silly anyway i dont even understand why they are in the game...

It's pretty much the same. There may be some stupid tech trap stuff that works on one but not the other.

Short range may actually be a bonus for Angol Fear. Due to the fact that the properties of Mina's moves change depending on whether you hit with the tip or not, shorter range could mean you'd be able to access these properties much easier.

Short range may actually be a bonus for Angol Fear. Due to the fact that the properties of Mina's moves change depending on whether you hit with the tip or not, shorter range could mean you'd be able to access these properties much easier.

Yea like: 4B+K

no advantage, just play mina. Bonus characters are silly anyway i dont even understand why they are in the game...

I agree 100%. If Namco feels like they NEED to add bonus characters, then at least give them unique movesets.

I still don't understand why they didn't include the bonus ones from SC3 in SC4....

As for this thread, I really don't like Angol Fear. She has the worst design of the 5 IMO....

Angol does indeed do more SG damage. She also has a faster forward run than Mina, but a slower backstep. Haven't tested side stepping/running yet.

How much difference would the shorter tip distance make?

I've never really experienced this, but I'd imagine having shorter range would make it easier to have the 3B > 66B > FC 1K combo work more often.

You can blame that on me fighting too close to the opponent, but either way I think it could be beneficial, depending on a person's preferences.

I will second the fact that her 3-D render in the game looks crappy and completely out of place in comparison to every other character. For the record I think some of the 2-D concept art had at least a bit of potential...

Back