Anti-Astaroth

Hmm... If that's your anti-Astaroth strat I have a feeling you don't play very good Astaroth players.

A good asta with hardly, if ever do 1[A]A, 22_88[A+B], 66B, and rarely 3KA.

Of course, I'm not gonna give out the secrets to beating Asta here. ;-)

actually 66B has its uses and 3KA too, but yeah 1[A]A...

trick to beating asta(if there was a simple one) is to not be at significant disadvantage in his grab range.

actually 66B has its uses and 3KA too, but yeah 1[A]A...

trick to beating asta(if there was a simple one) is to not be at significant disadvantage in his grab range.

66B is good for punishment but outside of that I try to stay away. Bullrush is overall a better option. 3KA is also only good on CH since it's guaranteed, but it's hard to tell whether it will hit counter or not. If I do use 3K i'll do 3K[A], but by experienced players the A will get GI'd whether you do A or [A] on block.

And I think Asta has more than just grabs. I mean it's harder for him to win without being able to grab, but it's not impossible. Also, if you're playing a good Asta, you're gonna get grabbed, period.

I have problems with when I get knocked down vs asta. If I try to roll he does 2B+K A+B if i try to stand up he does the unblockable hug. Then when he gets me with the hug, he hugs again or he does 2B+K. Wake ups dont work either.

Back