Any Cheap Sticks Out There?

Esper

[08] Mercenary
Hiya, I've been wanting to buy a stick for a while. But I havn't got much cash, so I'm trying to find a cheap but reliable stick. I've found this stick after some searching around the internet and thought it looked decent. Has anyone got this stick and can tell me if its good or not?

And if there are any cheap sticks floating round the internet please post them here, I'd appreciate it. =]

Search for Mayflash/Elecom on srk. Stock, its a horrible stick, but from what I can tell, it is pretty easy to mod if you are mechanically inclined. You'd most likely be better off with a hori fighting stick though if you're going to use it out of the box.

the hori fs has shit parts as well. that mayflash would be a better bet for eventual modding purposes, but you're going to have to put another $40-$50 into it when the time comes ( i hear a lot of people just do the buttons to start, which you can get for under $20). imo there is no such thing as a cheap and reliable stick, you're better off picking up a madcatz se if you're looking for something cheap and semi-reliable out of the box.

How good are those $80 Street Fighter arcade sticks for the Xbox 360?

I have one I'm currently modding with sanwa parts. Its works fine as a starter stick. However it is nowhere near as good as the expensive one. Be prepared to mod it if your looking to play on a good stick.

Is sticks even needed for Soul Calibur 4?
I thought that Soul Calibur 4 didn't even have an arcade version.

It isn't needed, but people prefer to play it using a stick.

Eh, Soul Calibur 4 seems like one of the few fighting games where it is easier to play on a pad than a stick. Me, personally, until sticks get cheap as pads or a shitload of fighting games come out, I'll never get a stick.

To OP:
I think that they have those SF4 sticks at GameStop now, or at least thats what an associate of mines said.

Do you even have the Street Fighter stick for $80? I want to know what shape the housing around the stick is and is it the right shape to play Soulcalibur 4?

The stick is fine to play Soul Calibur on, I haven't had a problem with it. I'm just modding it because I want to add sanwa parts.

I was thinking about getting that $80.00 Street Fighter 4 arcade stick. How much would it cost to change it to an octagonal shaped gate?

I bought the stick in the OP, and then I played it........and then I reviewed it for those of you who are still interested in buying it, that is unless you've already moved on to other things.

Aaaaannnnyway, here ya go.

Back