Any tips to pull off festival of the damned timing wise?

Any tips to pull off festival of the damned ti

I will now share my secret to doing FOTD. It is actually VERY easy to do.

The motion is 236, A+G, 46A, 41236B, but I do it like this:

236, 4A+G, 6A, 41236B

the interval between 4A+G and 6A is about as small as when you do 46B. And the last part 41236B, as explained by many already, is done about half a second after the second part.

Now only if I could do GB asura, my life would be complete!

I was working on the FOTD attack grabs over the weekend and found something similar Crauss, with only a small difference.

I was using 2364~A+G~6A, 41236B

I was watching my hands while trying it at first. The 2364 is one continuous motion. Right after the 4 is inputted hit A+G, then immediately hit 6A (both at the same time). From there just go into the 41236B.

I personally have the A+G grab binded to the R2 button. When it came time to pull off the grab (just after the 4 is hit in the 2364 slide input) I would input the 6A as soon as I felt the resistance from the trigger. The entire sequence is really one continuous slide input.

Festival of the Dead is the exact same timing. 2364~B+G~6B.

Fastest FOTD (iFOTD) :

4123[6] A+G ~A , 41236B

Delay Timed FOTD (to Confuse with MO A) :

236 , 4+A+G ~A , 41236B

Fastest FOTD (iFOTD) :

4123[6] A+G ~A , 41236B

236 , 4+A+G ~A , 41236B

Are there any more tips you can give to pull of the delay timed FOTD Hayate? It's the only imput i'm having trouble getting.....I can NEVER get the second part with the delay. I'm doing just as you wrote above...the 236 gives monument...I wait for a while and then do 4+A+G and then tap A right after that but the second part never comes out. Is the timing really specific for that A tap after the 4+A+G?

Are there any more tips you can give to pull of the delay timed FOTD Hayate? It's the only imput i'm having trouble getting.....I can NEVER get the second part with the delay. I'm doing just as you wrote above...the 236 gives monument...I wait for a while and then do 4+A+G and then tap A right after that but the second part never comes out. Is the timing really specific for that A tap after the 4+A+G?

MO 4A+G~6A, 41236B
MO 4B+G~6A+B

Hardly fails me in most situations.. I've yet to get it down to muscle memory though, so i phail when I'm under pressure and such :(

MO 4A+G~6A, 41236B
MO 4B+G~6A+B

Hardly fails me in most situations.. I've yet to get it down to muscle memory though, so i phail when I'm under pressure and such :(

this is the same problem i'm having. when i attempt this move it doesn't just flow. i have to concentrate on the inputs or i fail.
i still have problems with iFOTD but got the 2364 A+G 6A down pat. i usually just roll the analog from 9 to 6 B on the last part of the move. the roll gives u the exact timing you need to finish the move.

My apologize i forgot the 6+A.

236 (wait) 4+A+G ~6+A , 41236B

The tip that i use, but it's just because i'am playing on PAD, and pressing A+G manually :

236 (wait) 4+A+G ~ 6+A+G , 41236B

So i'am gaining some speed to press again A+H a second time, just switching the direction 4 to 6.

Please tell me if this help you.

I wouldn't even suggest learning it. Though I wonder seeing how its u I assume there is some sneaky deadly reason behind it.

Fill me in on your secret.

iFOTD is so much better!

You lose pratically 50% of Kilik close game mixup if you don't use dFoTD. There is ton of shit that you can do when you start using MO A and dFoTD, espacially 236 8_2B+K, MO K (blok garanted versus a player who 2g~5 strategy versus iFOTD).

iFOTD is just good to kill scrubs 10 times, then when they start iDucking, you are fucked, Kilik didn't have ANY good mid. Even 4A+B is too much slow => i27, 88B is unsafe and slow, 6B+K is slow (i21), 3B don't launch, 66K cause little damage. There is no way with kilik to do good damage with i17-i20 MID move, so going to dFOTD / MO A is much much better, MO A is safe, and gives RO combo, or mind game.

Btw abusing iFOTD will cause opponent to duck your 1A+B / 3A+B also.

Yeah Kilik does have rather shitty mids.

Though I personally never did see a valuable mixup with Delayed FOTD/ MO A.

I can't remember ever falling for that setup. In fact I don't remeber the last time I got hit with MO A if ever or was coerced into ducking out of fear during that setup.

Personally but that's just me I think its a weak mixup that works on scrubs but not high level players.

If your looking for a mixup FC iFOTD/WSB is a much better mixup

or

MO A (GI bait since its -6-Frames)/MO B (Safe for the most part and does good SG damage)

I think you never faced a good Kilik, and also don't realise something that is clearly indeed = MO A and MO Throw are same speed when you delay it, there is no way to block it at 100%.

You have to be very close to apply iFC FOTD, then you lose some advantage of evasive propriety of WS B, but it's still a good mixup yeah.

The easiest way to do FOTD:

Do 236 A+G, then scroll randomly in a circular motion while pressing A and B. Buffering is that good.

This is very similar to how to do Hayabusa's Izuna in DOA (hence me shouting "Izuna that shit!" all the time).

I think you never faced a good Kilik, and also don't realise something that is clearly indeed = MO A and MO Throw are same speed when you delay it, there is no way to block it at 100%.

You have to be very close to apply iFC FOTD, then you lose some advantage of evasive propriety of WS B, but it's still a good mixup yeah.

Wingzero, and Shadowfox immediately come to mind as good Kiliks.

Wingzero is currently viewed as #1 Kilik and top players that have played me etc. have either said my Kilik is better than his or right behind him for the moment.

Personally I say i'm behind him because so far he is more consistent at tourneys than I am.

Besides that I stand by the fact that MO A and delayed MO Throw is a weak mixup and will not make me duck.

Also the fact that your delaying so much puts you at a possible situation which can harm u.

FC iFOTD/WS B mixup is alot better even though WSB can be stepped. The throw tracking helps fix that issue.

The again it could be because I prefer more immediate setups rather than delayeded situations that can potentially put me at risk.

In fact FC iFOTD/FC 3B isn't taht bad either seeing how they are both i17-Frames and FC 3B is -9-Frames on block +3-Frames on hit. 6G activates in two frames so you can even play a little GI bait trap there as well.

or for the extremely safe players which I am not WSA stops step as well.

I am more of an immediate risky player so it could just be my preference but even thinking outside of the box
MO A/MO delayed Throw mixup seems well not effective.

WS B is i21 + crouching frame (around 5 frames), you are definitly as slow to be hit, espacially by a un ranging BB.

I can not argue more, i'am confident about using dFOTD / MO A (an other tool in MO), you are confident in not using it. We have both played good players in our community to see how what works or not.

The response about this, will probably come when we will meet (do you come to EVO?), then i will maybe show you how i make you duck, or not.

Btw, i'am sure that WingZero is a "good" kilik, i'am just saying that a good Kilik can be better with this mixup.

Well, this over confidence is just about winning rate, i think we won to much of match with our strtagey, and so we are confident, i suggest that you try 1 week a match using dFOTD / MO A mixup, and i try iFOTD / WS B, just for the try, and not being ultra-closed about other point of vue.

I will give you my repport this sunday night, when i will play versus Kayane, Saitoh, Lee, Hayabusa and Mystic i think.

Fair enough. I just wanted to say that I do realize your point of views and are open to them but as I pointed out it could just be a preference issue.

For Example:

Some may find your way working for them.

while

Some may find my way working for them.

Fair enough. I just wanted to say that I do realize your point of views and are open to them but as I pointed out it could just be a preference issue.

For Example:

Some may find your way working for them.

while

Some may find my way working for them.

Actually the MO A and dFOTD is a lot more effective than you think, SU.
Speaking from personal experience, I really didn't catch it when Hayate and Kura told me to use it. Until I tried it.. Work with the fact that you can delay MO for a really long time before doing a move, this really adds a lot of mental pressure to your mix-up. If your opponent is attacking you when you go into MO, he's not passive enough so work on him a little bit more to get him to stop moving around.

To me Kilik's strength is his Abare, CH 6AAA, CH 46B, 1B, Asura, WS B, even MO and BP. If you can get an opponent in the mood to fear and bait out these moves. You will have tons of time to enter MO and pull off the dFOTD and MO A mixup. If you are ever baiting these moves, and your opponent enters MO instead, you will find yourself being forced to decide between standing or ducking. Especially near a ring edge.

Hmmm.....

Interesting!

You know what I think i'm gonna fool around with it some more at the request of both of u. I'll let u know what happens.

My PS3 just died so its kind of difficult to do on a consistent basis but I will be going to some NY sessions so I will fool around with it then.

Just like Amy's 66B JF attack, I can't get to even the second attack for FOTD. It's one thing to keep saying do this faster or whatever, it's another thing when you actually see them attempt to do it. Maybe you can figure out what's really going on. Maybe the input is too fast, or sloppy or what not. I've been trying to do Kilik's FOTD since SC3 and I still haven't been able to do it. I've finally gotten Asura's dance down and can pull it off at least 70% of the time. Anyone want to meet me in a PSN lobby and see me fail at attempting FOTD and maybe figure out why I can't pull it off?

Just like Amy's 66B JF attack, I can't get to even the second attack for FOTD. It's one thing to keep saying do this faster or whatever, it's another thing when you actually see them attempt to do it. Maybe you can figure out what's really going on. Maybe the input is too fast, or sloppy or what not. I've been trying to do Kilik's FOTD since SC3 and I still haven't been able to do it. I've finally gotten Asura's dance down and can pull it off at least 70% of the time. Anyone want to meet me in a PSN lobby and see me fail at attempting FOTD and maybe figure .out why I can't pull it off?

try the first part of it like this 2364 A&G 6A. i usually jus roll the last part in complete counter clockwise circle after my 6A and finish back on 6B

Back