Any tips to pull off festival of the damned timing wise?

The best way to do it is definately 41236 A+BB 41236B. By doing the 41236 fast and precise enough, you'll get every time a iFotd (a faster grab without the glowing staff animation) It's the same command as the asura's last hit ;)

I really don't think it would work because to imput the grab you have to do 236:A:+:G: if you do 236:A:+:B: instead it will start Heaven Monument (unblockable). I didn't know you could cancel the animation of the start. Why bother making 41236 when 236 is enough ? And when do you do 46:A: ?

Kersijus said:
I really don't think it would work because to imput the grab you have to do 236A+G if you do 236A+B instead it will start Heaven Monument (unblockable)

Oh my bad, I meant 41236 A+G~A

Kersijus said:
Why bother making 41236 when 236 is enough ? And when do you do 46 ?

If you do the 41236 fast enough the 46 won't be needed because the 4 is triggered at the beginning of the half circle. This way, the FotD is done in a single thumb move, making it faster and easier aswell as cancelling the glowing staff animation ;)

Oh my bad, I meant 41236 A+G~A

If you do the 41236 fast enough the 46 won't be needed because the 4 is triggered at the beginning of the half circle. This way, the FotD is done in a single thumb move, making it faster and easier aswell as cancelling the glowing staff animation ;)

Thank you ! This seem to be a great tip, i'll try it out.

As some of us said before the timing is the same as a jf Asta grab but reversed. If you can do it with Astaroth, you can do it with Kilik ;)

i dont get the glow and i dont do it that way,

i still think best way is how it says in the game

236A+G (doing that fast will make it non glow) 46A 41236B

the 46should be withing 10 frames (its easyer to do that in 1 motion 236A+G46A)

As some of us said before the timing is the same as a jf Asta grab but reversed. If you can do it with Astaroth, you can do it with Kilik ;)

Well as I never used Asta I don't understand but your tip work well. The only problem is that sometimes I press :A:+:G: too soon so Kilik makes the normal throw. I just need more training. Thanks again.

Edit: I just wanted to say that you don't really need to do 41236 fast you only have to do :A:+:G: at the correct timing (when you press 6) and I think it is better if you hold 6 when pressing :A:+:G: and :A:. I would write it like this : 4123([6]:A:+:gA:) and you have it. I still have a question, what is delayed FotD ? Is it 236 * :A:+:G: ?

@twiggywales : at first I really couldn't believe it wouldn't work but I tried it and it's fine. Although I don't understand why Kilik does what we want him to do. I suppose it's a flaw the programmers forgot (Kilik has so many glitches…). Try it and you will see how easy it becomes.

@twiggy: Yeah, actually you can also do an iFotd with the normal inputs but I found the half-circle way mor comfortable for me to do.

@Kersijus: You're right, there can be some timing issues where you get either a normal throw or a 236A. It happens to me sometimes when i'm not very focused, especially on P1

Kersijus said:
what is delayed FotD ? Is it 236 * A+G ?
Yup! Do the 236 wait a little bit then do A+G 46A.... It can be used to fool your opponent making him thinks you'll do a 236A or K.

@twiggy: Yeah, actually you can also do an iFotd with the normal inputs but I found the half-circle way mor comfortable for me to do.

@Kersijus: You're right, there can be some timing issues where you get either a normal throw or a 236A. It happens to me sometimes when i'm not very focused, especially on P1

Yup! Do the 236 wait a little bit then do A+G 46A.... It can be used to fool your opponent making him thinks you'll do a 236A or K.

Thanks for your help, at first I fought it was like any delayed imput but I wonder what would it be for when it's a throw. The half circle imput doesn't let you do a delayed FotD but with the way I used to do it I can. So those who are trying a delayed imput it works perfectly with my imput, doesn't need to be fast, just to be precise.

What with EBO this year I've decided to learn Kilik as a counter pick in case some smart ass goes Sophie on my Sieg, as such I've mastered his C throws and GB asura, general theory, strategy etc etc.
However, I can't for the life of me pull festivals on delay, no matter how many times I try, how does the input method differ from regular/i FotD?

What with EBO this year I've decided to learn Kilik as a counter pick in case some smart ass goes Sophie on my Sieg, as such I've mastered his C throws and GB asura, general theory, strategy etc etc.
However, I can't for the life of me pull festivals on delay, no matter how many times I try, how does the input method differ from regular/i FotD?

I actually had the same problem. Try doing MO then doing iFOTD. In other words 236, 41236:A+G. It's actually easier to do 236, 46A+G, but if you've practiced it to the point where you can't do the delayed version, it may be better to just do the whole motion.

Try the 3 circle method. Start at 2 roll counterclockwise wise back to 2 input a+g, keep rolling while mashing out the rest. Very simple once u get the hang of it.

well i can do this with delay or without it. in both cases you must press 236a+g46a as one move and very fast before kilik actually grabs the opponent but if you do it by the time kilik grabs it will work aswell, now for the delay version thats a LOT faster cause in this case you MUST input 46a before kilik grabs the oponent always if you input a by the time kilik grabs then it wont work you actually press a+g:46a

well i can do this with delay or without it. in both cases you must press 236a+g46a as one move and very fast before kilik actually grabs the opponent but if you do it by the time kilik grabs it will work aswell, now for the delay version thats a LOT faster cause in this case you MUST input 46a before kilik grabs the oponent always if you input a by the time kilik grabs then it wont work you actually press a+g:46a

This sounds like the best explanation so far in doing the delayed version. I remember I asked about 2 years or so back how to do the delayed version and I got some tips from a couple Kilik players but was still never able to do it. I'll try your method and hopefully it works because I really think delayed FOTD is a powerful tool.

This sounds like the best explanation so far in doing the delayed version. I remember I asked about 2 years or so back how to do the delayed version and I got some tips from a couple Kilik players but was still never able to do it. I'll try your method and hopefully it works because I really think delayed FOTD is a powerful tool.
Just try the 3 circle method. Start at 2 roll complete circle back to 2, input a+g grab and keep rolling in circles while mashing the b button. Very simple to do after a few mins in training.

Back