Anyone know how to 'GoogleBomb'?

lobo

Luminario
How can we get this site to the top of google searches for soul calibur or soul calibur guides...ect?

Already doing it...

Every thread on these forums are Search Engine Optimized (no ? or & tags in them). As well, every morning at 3 AM, a script AUTOMATICALLY builds a XML Sitemap that basically defines the entire hierarchy of the forums. Whenever Yahoo or Google spiders crawl these forums, they check these files first. You know its working because if you go here: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site:www.8wayrun.com you'll see that each forum/thread/post on these forums has their own search result.

We are only 1 month and 5 days old... it will take time. We also have a completely open robots policy, so any and all spiders are able to crawl the website freely. Its a bandwidth/server load constraint, but right now we can handle it extremely well. I also have an account on the Google Webmaster Dashboard that lets me define settings, crawl rates, as well as define the sitemap so its easier for Google to find. I also have an extremely in-depth Meta tagging system in place, for search engines that still use them. (Most still use them, only Yahoo, Google and MSN dont)

The easiest way to get this all done is to purchase a spider package. You can hire many places to do automatic search engine submissions (I think GoDaddy calls their service TrafficBlazer or something). But more often than not, you only really care about the big 3; and you can do that manually enough for free. So I see no real reason to purchase these overpriced packages. If I really wanted to spend money on google rank, I would pay for some AdWords, so that whenever someone searched "Soul Calibur" or "Soulcalibur", we would show up in sponsored links and towards the top of the list.

word...I honestly don't know what most of that means, but if there's anything we can do to help let us know.

I want that #1 search spot...

It will never happen... Soulcalibur.com is a corporate site, and has the search entry in the domain name itself.

i'll just leave this here :p
linux.jpg

Lol... I still say using linux/unix for a home computer is for dumb college kids who think its "cool".

xubuntu is nice on old or underpowered machines like my laptop, especially since i lost my win2k install disks. But i wouldn't put it on my primary machine...or at least not without a dual boot of some version of windows.

xubuntu is nice on old or underpowered machines like my laptop, especially since i lost my win2k install disks. But i wouldn't put it on my primary machine...or at least not without a dual boot of some version of windows.

Hmmm, interesting...i learned somethin!!!! yehh

Back