[Apr 21, 2012] Spring Super Showdown! - SCV, SFxT, SSF4:AE, UMvC3,... (North Oxford, MA)

DSBlackfox

[09] Warrior
Okay guys, let's get Spring in full swing with a huge fighter blowout!!!

I've got the Pine Ridge Country Club letting us use their huge banquet room for this.

All tournament entries will be $10, and there is a $5 venue fee. All payouts are to only the top three placers, and pots are split 70/20/10. The plan is to set up three 8ft. tables in a loose U and run at least 2 tournaments simultaneously (one 2d one 3d) all day long. The goal is to get 12 TV's and PS3's, 4 setups per table, so we can run these tournaments swiftly and efficiently. Anyone willing to bring a TV/PS3 will have their venue fee waived. Let me know if you're going to bring a setup. Only EVO monitors or tubes, please. If you are bringing a TV/setup, I ask that you please be here by no later than Noon unless absolutely necessary to provide us with ample time to set up.

If you don't see a game you want to play, then let me know. Also, time permitting, we can run teams in anything you in the community are interested in. You guys just have to bring copies of the games, because being the owner of a 360, I don"t have any. Signups will start at 11am, and I will begin running tournaments at 1pm. The tournament schedules will be fairly loose, but i hope to run tourneys in around 2 hours apiece. Anyone interested in streaming this event, let me know. I was hoping to actually get a separate stream for both 2d and 3d.

The plan is to run as many games as possible. This will include:
  • Soul Calibur V (singles $10, teams $5 per person 3 man teams)
  • Street Fighter X Tekken (singles $10)
  • Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition (singles $10)
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (singles $10)
  • King of Fighters XIII (singles $10)
  • Tekken 6 (singles $10)
  • Mortal Kombat (singles $10)
The Country Club will be offering food for you to purchase off a limited menu (likely burgers, dogs, fried foods, deli sandwiches, etc.) and there is a FULL BAR available as well, with a walk up window through the banquet hall. I ask only that you guys drink responsibly, be prepared to show ID when carded, and that you conduct yourselves in a becoming manner. The bar area itself is quite large with multiple TV's so you can relax and eat while you wait for a tournament to begin. If you have any questions, contact me on twitter @NE_SoulCalibur or on facebook.

I'm posting this on 8WR, SRK, and TZ so I'm hoping for a big ass turnout for the entire New England Fighting Game community. Hope to see you all there!!!

TYM Thread
SRK Thread
TZ Thread
Facebook Page

attachment.php

Skullgirls is supposedly going to be released on April 4th. Any chance of getting a tourney for that thrown in if it releases on time?

Skullgirls is supposedly going to be released on April 4th. Any chance of getting a tourney for that thrown in if it releases on time?

I have no objections to this. In fact, the guys over at Shoryuken were asking the same thing about a Super Turbo side tourney. As long as we get through the main tourneys, I greatly encourage side tourneys and money matches. I may ask that you run the bracket for it, however. Also, if there aren't enough entrants for a game, or not enough interest, I'd be glad to run other games in lieu of the less popular.

I have no problems running a bracket if necessary. I'll make a post over at SRK to see who else is interested.

I will be there once again to win all teh moneyz.

(Will also bring PS3 and Monitor cause I'm helpful like that).

Dammit... you had to pick THIS day? I wanted to do the Jaxel-dome on this day! =P

Updated main post to include tourney flyer. Print em' out and pass em' out, gents. Also, any out of staters coming? Anyone need/want nearby hotel info?

I was talking to Eighty88 (who is kind enough to also be doing the stream for us) at this past B.O.N.E., and he tells me that a lot of the 2D games (i.e. AE:2012, UMvC3, etc.) actually run better on the 360, and that a lot of you guys actually play on 360, so if you guys want to bring copies of the 2D games for XBOX and bring your 360's, that's fine with me. I can also offer my own 360 to help out as well now.

DS, I'll be attempting to get three set ups for your event. I'll be partnering up with Level Up NH, and I want to support the community efforts whenever possible. I"ll Keep you updated. I have all the games you will be hosting except KOF 13. I won't be able to get there exactly at noon. My work requires me to drive to Brattleboro, Vt before I can finish the day. I'll most likely get to Oxford no later then 2:00PM.

Now I just need to work out the sleeping arrangement.

This sounds like fun, I'm planning to come...do you have any idea what order the tournaments will be in? Or pretty much whatever people want to play first?

Antares - well tbh, the tourney schedule is completely up in the air at the moment. Once players begin to arrive and we start getting signups done, then I'll have a better idea what most players are interested in. I'll likely have either MK or T6 singles for a 3D game first, and whatever 2D game with the least entrants will start for 2D.

Fox whats a good time for us to get there by? i dont mean what time does it start but what time is a good time to arrive and chill? uh oh...time mentioned 5 times (now 6)...must mean one thing....

''Your time is OVER'' :sc2mit2:

g0ofus - I'll likely be there around 9am to start setting up and chilling, so come around 10am if you want to relax and check out the venue, and maybe scrub me out in some casuals.

Ok guys, just a quick announcement. Thanks to the awesome response of the NEFGC, we are going to have plenty of monitors and setups. If you haven't made a verbal (by posting here I mean) commitment to bring something already, then I can no longer waive any more venue fee's. I've written down everyone who's committed to bringing anything so far for waived entrance fee's, but I've got to make a cut-off because we'll end up having far more than we need. A big thanks to everyone who is bringing something to help out.

random question....

is there anyone attending this that has an extra HDMI cable that they want to sell to me?

Back