[ARCHIVE] Siegfried Pre-Release Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windstar

[13] Hero
What's with that WS B Brave Edge that's Siegfried is doing? What makes it different from the typical WS B?

Siegfried's WS B has returned to the SC3 version, where it is similar to 3B. The SC4 WS B attack animation might only be available as a BE move after 66K.

Sig's back-dash seems better! Saitoh retreats easily constantly. This is good for Sig, IMO fast back-dash is the best upgrade from SC5 Sig. n_n Thank you Saitoh for zoning & not just 3B-ing the entire match, THANK YOU A LOT!!

Thanks Panto. vs Dina is repeated on Vs chiyo btw.
1. So, is kA in SC5?
2. The new 3A faint into SC4's 22_88A, is the input 3AA?
3. The move that looks like SC4's 66A, is that the 22_88A in SC5? Is it mid?
4. The move that looks like SC4's RSH'A, is that the 66A in SC5?
5. Is SC4's 11_77B the 22_88B in SC5?
6. Is SSH'A+B in SC5? I haven't seen it yet, no one has used it u_u :/
7. No more SCH'B]Charge?

So what WAS the controller scheme, anyway? From what I've heard from people that were there, the controller binding extremely limited many of the players there to the point where they felt like they actually had a smaller moveset than usual.

Good stuff, Panto.
Nice showcasing of stance roulette and step~B4B. I can see those remaining staples over the months to come.

Nice post Panto
I learned a lot from the video

I love B4B for whiff punishing. I think this will be one of SC V sieg's top ten move
No more SCH A+B ;( ? Terror slap is one of my fav
No more SBH A+B ? I think the new SBH A replace it.

So is SBH B after SBH auto GI guaranteed now ? no more auto SBH K ?

I don't really like the new SSH BBB.
if it will give you 3hit NC but will be heavily punished if you miss or guarded
its transition to SCH seems useless tho.

I'll miss SC IV sieg's SSH B , 22_88B and WS B. ;(

I don't really like the new SSH BBB.
if it will give you 3hit NC but will be heavily punished if you miss or guarded
its transition to SCH seems useless tho.

I'm pretty sure SSH (B) leaves you in SCH, and it's not a stretch to assume that SSH B(B) could leave you in SBH a la 44(B). So that's a possible three hit string where all three hits of the string can go into different stances. I think Namco really got the message that we wanted a highly improved roulette.

Though I will grant you, the last hit of any string will inevitably be the weakest for roulette/mix-up purposes, since your opponent knows you're done at that point. But with the improvements that Siegfried is getting on the defensive side of his stances, I wouldn't write off the third hit as being heavily punishable on block if you go into stance. I'm assuming that you'll be able to evade verticals/linear kicks with SSH 2_8B+K, and GI horizontals/evade highs with SSH B+K. Theory fighter, ho!

On another note - SSH BBB is probably going to be insane for oki or wall combos - attack strength looks upped all across the roster, and those three hits aren't what I'd call "weak" by any stretch.

I'm pretty sure SSH (B) leaves you in SCH, and it's not a stretch to assume that SSH B(B) could leave you in SBH a la 44(B). So that's a possible three hit string where all three hits of the string can go into different stances. I think Namco really got the message that we wanted a highly improved roulette.

Though I will grant you, the last hit of any string will inevitably be the weakest for roulette/mix-up purposes, since your opponent knows you're done at that point. But with the improvements that Siegfried is getting on the defensive side of his stances, I wouldn't write off the third hit as being heavily punishable on block if you go into stance. I'm assuming that you'll be able to evade verticals/linear kicks with SSH 2_8B+K, and GI horizontals/evade highs with SSH B+K. Theory fighter, ho!

On another note - SSH BBB is probably going to be insane for oki or wall combos - attack strength looks upped all across the roster, and those three hits aren't what I'd call "weak" by any stretch.

with new just guard system and CE ( for punish )
I'm assuming this move will be quite risky except you're really sure it will hit

I haven't seen a SCH transition after SSH (B) or SBH transition after SSH B (B ) on loc test's videos
It would be great if each of the hits have its own transition ;)
it will grant an evade and defense maneuver

I didn't realize the possibilities for Oki or wall combos
let's pray it will come true

well it's still a demo. let's hope an improvement on the final version :)

Thanks Saitoh and French community for the effort to test the game and give some HYPE/HOPE to us. Right now I'm very happy with the changes cause if will be a new experience to play and learn while having fun; right now to me Siegfried seems very powerful and fluid; the new moves look good along the changes to old ones... I hope they keep the stance fast roullette in the final version.

Pantocrator, who was the other Siegfried Player on the stream? I guess I read CHRIS or something... he was more free to be creative; he did CH 3B~SCH kB~CE and I was blown away...

Thanks Panto. vs Dina is repeated on Vs chiyo btw.
1. So, is kA in SC5?
2. The new 3A faint into SC4's 22_88A, is the input 3AA?
3. The move that looks like SC4's 66A, is that the 22_88A in SC5? Is it mid?
4. The move that looks like SC4's RSH'A, is that the 66A in SC5?
5. Is SC4's 11_77B the 22_88B in SC5?
6. Is SSH'A+B in SC5? I haven't seen it yet, no one has used it u_u :/
7. No more SCH'B]Charge?

2) yes
3) yes and yes
4) yes
5) no. 11_77B are still here.
6) gone
7) gone too

Cupui
SCH A+B is gone
SBH A+B gone too

SBH B already work after a B+K GI in SC4. For that you need to do a transition before (exemple SSH > B+K). It was possible to do a GI again. I don't know if it's possible in SC5.

Believe me, SSHBBB is AMAZING. The old one was only useful to SG damage. SSH BB(B) doesn't seems useful yes.

I'm pretty sure SSH (B) leaves you in SCH, and it's not a stretch to assume that SSH B(B) could leave you in SBH a la 44(B).

It doesn't work at all. But I guess that SSH BBB simple to confirm.

Pantocrator, who was the other Siegfried Player on the stream? I guess I read CHRIS or something... he was more free to be creative; he did CH 3B~SCH kB~CE and I was blown away...

Yes I tried and did this combo too in freeplay. But because of the damage of the CE, I didn't do it again. In this combo the CE cost Half BE bar to add about 20 damage...
Instead of this the BE moves are very USEFUL. So I prefered to keep it for BE moves.

At this moment I tried to win after all. In freeplay I tested a lot of things who are not recorded at all. If you have others question you still can ask. By exemple NH 3 (B) SCH K BE agAjf W! 3 (B) SCH B is combo. I guess that's the same with 66K BE SCH K BE agAjf W! 3(B) SCH B.

Thanks a lot Panto. Heheh, I'd figure those were the new inputs, except for 4B mid-hilt. I guess that head-butt is 4K & 4KK for the high kick, right?

But dam, no SSH'A+B hurts a lot to me n_n. Maybe the input was change back to SSH'bA like it was in SC2 with NSSr'bA, I hope so..

But dam, no SSH'A+B hurts a lot to me n_n. Maybe the input was change back to SSH'bA like it was in SC2 with NSSr'bA, I hope so..
OUCH OUCH! SSH A+B was my favorite move in SC4! I hope that they think in a variation or bring the old version(maybe with a forwarding variation); I could'n check if A+B was in the demo... I love this move since SC3; is my best move to poke to put on "yomi pressure".

I use it since SC2, it is my "can't touch me" move :P. I don't mind if its mid like SC2 or low like SC34, as long as it retreats Sig while attacking, I want it on SC5!

To me, Sig's 4B+K'A+B (NSSr'bA) = Mitsu 4B, X's 44B, Kilik's 4B+K, etc.

Watched A+B in the video against Phyrra(Chiyo); Right now Siegfried's movelist looks easy compared to the SC4's command list; 22kA series was a pain... jagA was too much shine for no reward... B:4 was usable a first...SSH B was auto GI for nothing. Now I watched a reliable fast punisher Siegfried! I'm very happy a least with the demo... we will see when march 2012 comes.

We already got epic stuff going on we got Saitoh doing a SCV version of EVO moment 37 2:39. No combo afterwards but thats ok its pre launch.

Please bear with my basic Siegfried skill :p

I gotta ask I know you were in the heat of battle but at 5:12 when you did you have a minor lapse in judgement and think Sieg's headbutt is good like Astaroths.

I gotta ask I know you were in the heat of battle but at 5:12 when you did you have a minor lapse in judgement and think Sieg's headbutt is good like Astaroths.

According to this post, they've changed Siegfried's SC4 4K to the headbutt, and put SC4 4K as 6K. 4K was a good move of Siegfried's, and I can assume Saitoh just got mixed up with the inputs. Alternatively, the new headbutt string might actually be pretty good, though I'm not holding my breath.

According to this post, they've changed Siegfried's SC4 4K to the headbutt, and put SC4 4K as 6K. 4K was a good move of Siegfried's, and I can assume Saitoh just got mixed up with the inputs. Alternatively, the new headbutt string might actually be pretty good, though I'm not holding my breath.

Oh yeah different game different inputs but yeah his headbutts could be good that is true maybe they will NCC and lead into massive tech traps Ha ha like that would happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back