[ARCHIVE] Siegfried Pre-Release Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not too sure about that, but I remember someone saying it was now considered a "normal throw", and wasn't blockable anymore.
Nope, tried it at NEC. At least in that build, it's still quite blockable. I heard the same rumor.

Hmm.. Standing grabs making cheap damage when broke & FlapJack still being guardable.. hmm.. probably that's why Project Soul gave back that long Downed recovery that allows 2A+B to hit if Downed rival tries to roll away after getting FlapJacked. Shit, I'd really miss that poke in SC4, if its like that for real, I'll be a happy FlapJacker again.

Lol, I'd just remembered.. Instant FlapJack (as in iFJ, input g2A_B+G ASAP) was one of Nightmare's mayor skill to have back in SC2, heheh good times.

You're not supposed to interrupt SRSH if you're subjected to the mix-up from a disadvantageous situation, like from a knockdown, e.g. 3(B) ~ SCH 6B+K. You don't have the frames to do that, and you are SUPPOSED to guess in that situation. That is your punishment for being hit in the first place. However, it's a 50/50 - you still have a chance not only to guess right and negate any further damage, but you'll also be able to punish him as well. You're mistaken as to assuming the 50/50 itself is unfair or broken in any way. It is a wholly intentional idea and the entire purpose of SRSH, which you seem to have missed.

Who is your main, anyway? Maybe I can help you out a bit with anti-Siegfried.

I understand, it's just, I suppose a difficult pill to swallow sometimes, and more importantly, take advantage of.

Also, as you may be able to guess, I'm a short-range main. Taki, to be specific. I have a closely subbed Tira and Xianghua, and that rounds up my top three. I may just have to wait until the next game, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back