[ARCHIVE] Siegfried Pre-Release Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it me or did Sieg's SBH B side step Cerv's 3B at 0:44? I don't recall it having that ability in SC4...then again, I don't think anyone tried to 3B me out of SBH B before.

Nah, that was just an axis problem. Siegfried is stationary during SBH B, while Cervantes 3B pushes Siegfried back at close range. However, Siegfried was right next to the wall, and at an odd angle to boot, so Siegfried slides down the wall while doing SBH B, causing Cervantes 3B to whiff.

SBH B has had a weird vertical evade property since SC3. Nothing reliable, though. The reason for Cervys whiff may well have been the positioning as Heaton pointed on. Just saying, SBH *can* dodge verticals.

now that you mention it, I went back and watched it again and Cerv did actually 3B Sieg out of SBH B at 0:38. In the back of my mind I was thinking it could have been a fluke.

I'm so confused...

What does commands like "SCH:KK" even mean? I know that KK is an attack, but what about the SCH bit?

Fighting games are so confusing...

I'm so confused...

What does commands like "SCH:KK" even mean? I know that KK is an attack, but what about the SCH bit?

Fighting games are so confusing...

Hi there Coolfighter1993, we use a number of short hand in order to make talking about moves easier. For Siegfried, we use a number of notation regarding his stances which are as follow.

SCH - Siegfried Chief Hold
SSH - Siegfried Side Hold
RSH - Reverse Side Hold
SBH - Siegfried Base Hold

So SCH KK is referring to the Siegfried Chief Hold two kick string. The notation becomes useful especially for combos.
Example, if you were to write out the basic Siegfried combo (in Soul Calibur 1) 3B SCH B it would like this:

Sky Splitter -> Siegfried Chief Hold Tera Stomp.

While it may seem difficult at first, with any language, the more you use it the easier it is to become 2nd nature.

Idlemind put up an excellent video discussing the short hand we use in this game,
!

Also there is a basic notation thread here.
http://8wayrun.com/threads/basic-notations-and-terminology.58/

Let us know if you have further questions in the Q&A thread =)
http://8wayrun.com/threads/siegfried-q-a-general-discussion-thread.8846/page-3

hey Coolfighter1993, it refers to one of Siegfried's stances like Jian put up: SCH = Siegfried Chief Hold. the tutorial video should help a lot, too. Everyone starts somewhere and the world needs more dedicated Siegfried players! :)

But there may be some crazy option selects due there being no whiff animation. Though, I doubt anyone would master something so tricky. Maybe Belial?
BLAAH!! :P I'll master it!
Still, the developers seem to be good at it. I guess we'll see :/
Maybe the fact that you only have to press G, instead of having a direction too, makes a big difference
Yes, makes a big difference. Tho I didn't have accidental GIs while moving & tapping G, the fact that now is impossible for it to occur IS a relief. Hence, I'll have less busy mind while playing, meaning more for in/output. Heheh, I feel more dangerous already lol.
Sieg's 2p is the worst :-(... Could have been good (casual dress is a good idea) but pink pants + thigh high boots is just terrible to me... 1p (or CAS) it is. Nightmare's 2p on the other hand is greatness.
So.. that is Sig's p2 outfit... Politely speaking: It fucking sucks. I thought it was a CAS made outfit.. :/
SC3's p2 FOR THE WIN!

2p Sieg? I like it. If he's as Algol-esque broken as people are saying (which he will be, obviously) this will be the perfect troll costume. Gay Squire beatin you up with his big ribbed sword. MMMMMM.

I do say custom Surfer Siegfried complete with the appropriate joke weapon from SCIV will do a much better job when it comes to that.

idk wtf yall are talking about I like the 2P costume. Maybe it looks better in person. That's my shitty Cervantes btw.

I won't never use that 2P... he looks like a simple medieval gentleman, not like a Knight! I really hate this 2P!! 1P+CAS for me all the way... oh I'm really pissed... I want OLD SC3 COSTUMES on DLC!!
siegf_costumes.jpg

P2 Pink Pants? OMG...

Hi there Coolfighter1993, we use a number of short hand in order to make talking about moves easier. For Siegfried, we use a number of notation regarding his stances which are as follow.

SCH - Siegfried Chief Hold
SSH - Siegfried Side Hold
RSH - Reverse Side Hold
SBH - Siegfried Base Hold

So SCH KK is referring to the Siegfried Chief Hold two kick string. The notation becomes useful especially for combos.
Example, if you were to write out the basic Siegfried combo (in Soul Calibur 1) 3B SCH B it would like this:

Sky Splitter -> Siegfried Chief Hold Tera Stomp.

While it may seem difficult at first, with any language, the more you use it the easier it is to become 2nd nature.

Idlemind put up an excellent video discussing the short hand we use in this game,
!

Also there is a basic notation thread here.
http://8wayrun.com/threads/basic-notations-and-terminology.58/

Let us know if you have further questions in the Q&A thread =)
http://8wayrun.com/threads/siegfried-q-a-general-discussion-thread.8846/page-3
Thank you.

P2 Pink Pants? OMG...
Whaaa? Honestly I believe they are red, but we cannot really say, because all of the colours in the vid are kinda messed up, but I see red... And TBH he should've picked blue pants... lol.
It could be just me but, I think his beard is kinda thicker.
Now, the boots seem to reach up to his knee from the back and his thigh from the front... The shirt is a bit of an epic fail lol. Actually he wears another one underneath it (why T-T). Anyway I don't like the big sleeves and he shouldn't have put the belt there; women who have thin waists and want to show of their curves do this. But I guess he did it because the shirt seems to be kinda huge and with the spins and stuff it would become a balloon lol. Also, the short sleeves of the second shirt are not really cool, but heh anyway, Sieg wanted to show off his new bracelets and his bare hands (aww)...
φγ.jpg
I wonder why is there so much hate about his 2P. Sieg got tired of his armour and decided to wear something lighter :P
Comparing to other characters' 2P, his is cool imo.

But k, he needs a woman to pick up his everyday clothes, let's all be honest -_-

what, no SCIV 2P costume? blah lol i never cared for his SCIV 1P costume unless it had custom colors on it. looks too much like he has soul cancer otherwise ;)
I only put together the ones that I found on goggle fast cause I'm working now(and then)...

%CF%86%CE%B3-jpg.10096

Wow, and when I thought 2P costumes in this game couldn't get any worse than Ivy's 2P...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back