Argument In Favor of Lizardman (SCVI)

Playing devils advocate here: What if he, a unique Lizardman, is in the story as a sort of commander of the reptilian army, but he’s not playable. We cross swords with him and he has sweet ass new lizard moves and aggressive frame traps and sick ring outs and everything we ever wanted to make him unique and desirable as a playable character.

Then, from the depths of greed they allow us, the lowly peasants, to play him via purchase as DLC 3 or whatever.

Man that’d be fucked up.

-

But seriously I think he’ll be in the base roster. Lizard4Liiiiiiiife

The thing about the design in the Story Mode illustration that worries me is that I could see it being assembled from CaS parts. His head spikes look like those of the generic lizardman, which is based off of his SoulCalibur IV design, but without the frills or fins. His spined armor also looks like it could come from his SCIV design, seen clearly in his art here.

Honestly, I love the optimism, but I'm expecting little more than SCIV lizardman with the SCIV armor, without the frills and with Sophitia's moveset. The sword looking bigger in the art could just be a perspective thing, or just an art thing, 'cause I'm not even expecting him to be left-handed if he appears in-game.

He has no story potential. He wanders around and growls at people. We have one of those already with Voldo. We don't need two.

Nonsense, he's got plenty of story potential. His plot has parallels to both Siegfried's and Sophitia's. He's a Greek warrior sent on a holy quest to destroy the cursed sword Soul Edge. However, he was driven mad by the evil seed and then transformed into the first lizardman by the cult, which is where he becomes similar to Siegfried. Both lose their minds and become servants of the cursed sword, doing unspeakable things in its name. The main difference here is that Siegfried was kind of a dick when he got influenced by Soul Edge (running with a gang of bandits and killing his own father), and Aeon was fairly heroic (on a holy quest, and planning to repay a village for their hospitality by teaching them swordplay), and when both were freed from the sword's curse, Siegfried got to go back to being a normal human being--with baggage--while Aeon was stuck as a lizardman--with baggage. From there, Siegfried gets to go on a big mopey redemption arc, while Aeon gets abandoned by his god.

The problem is the writers never gave him a means by which he could interact with the other characters, be it broken speech or writing or sign language or whatever. Then they gave up on his plot after III and just kept writing in new plot devices that kept him at goober badguy status. I think he could have had a cool relationship with Siegfried and the Greek sisters if the writers actually put effort into his plot. He and Cassandra essentially both hate Hephaestus and would probably agree on a lot if they communicated, but they pretty much never come into contact with one another. He'd be decent proof to Sophitia that maybe Hephaestus really isn't worth serving.

The Rock business also never went anywhere, but that was a pretty bland plot for both parties to begin with. Talim has had a unique line or two in the games, recognizing that Aeon is human under all the scales and whatnot, but that interaction too was never expanded upon.

Anyway, I'm not exactly expecting much better from the writers in this second go-around even if the game does include Aeon, but the potential is definitely there. It's on the writers for constantly failing to utilize it.

Last edited:
I’m one hundred positive that Lizardman will be playable.

Whether he is called Aeon and whether he is a fully featured character or a CAS preset remains to be seen. It is also possible that he could be a boss, but I don’t believe this will happen.

Either way, if he shows up as a story mode character, we could probably eliminate another character from the roster.

So uh... should we discuss his moveset in 6, from what we've seen so far?
Yeah, Hayate said he did see a CAS using a style unambiguously belonging to him in his playtime. Is there footage of it?

Yeah, Hayate said he did see a CAS using a style unambiguously belonging to him in his playtime. Is there footage of it?
There sure is! Here's the video, I'd grab a timestamp but unfortunately I'm on mobile...

Interesting. With this and Inferno, looks like we can confirm that unlockables are indeed a thing.

Interesting. With this and Inferno, looks like we can confirm that unlockables are indeed a thing.
Yeah. At least, those two slots on CSS can be filled quickly. This specific iteration of him is very similar to his SC1/2 incarnation, which... might be for the best? That's when he was the strongest, more or less.

Just my 2 cents, it would seem silly to have a lizardman style in CAS, but not as an actual character. It's beyond insulting for the lizzy fans TBF. I don't care about the story implications of his inclusion, his fighting style was unique and the more unique and interesting styles, the better. I never played Lizzy personally but I enjoyed fighting him, I would be pissed if all we get is a CAS Lizzy.

And that brings up another point, Since we know there is at least one CAS only style, is it safe to concur that there will be more similar to sc3? Well technically I guess that wasn't true since all those styles had a corresponding bonus character.

Speaking of which, I would LOVE to see a future DLC character using the dual wave sword style from sc3 (revenant), among some others. So many unpolished possibilities... Shame..

CaS only style would not be a smart move, after seeing how badly Devil Jin was received, including being banned from tournaments.

In SCIV he had 11AK, which had his sweep iirc.
And 1AK had his mid head butt.
If i read the Wiki correctly, SCII Lizardman also.
@Hayate

Last edited:
Can somebody found me in which game Lizardman can do 1A into his Sweep ?

You were fighting the CaS version of the SCII Lizardman. I saw AA, 4AAK, 4B, 6K, 2K_FC 2K, 7K, 44K, 11_77AK, 33_99A+B.

I think Xianghua does fight a lizardman in the story.

vlcsnap-2018-09-21-06h10m30s247.png

I’m one hundred positive that Lizardman will be playable against.

Whether he is called Aeon and whether he is a fully featured character or a CAS preset remains to be seen. It is also possible that he could be a boss, but I don’t believe this will happen.

Either way, if he shows up as a story mode character, we could probably eliminate another character from the roster.

Fixed. :3

CaS only style would not be a smart move, after seeing how badly Devil Jin was received, including being banned from tournaments.
Well the ban on him got lifted later down the line, but even then he was still full of jank due to the CaS.

You could just set the CaS style to the third height, and middle everything i guess. For lizzy, I'd rather get a sc2 version, because that one was before my time and i kinda wanted to play him, but i never was able to get my hands on it. I'd rather he was called Aeon personally though. I want him to have a name. He deserves one one after all this time imo.

- He has no real role in the story and could easily be cut. He's kind of one of Nightmare's top followers alongside Ivy and Astaroth and has been portrayed as such in official art promoting the game.

So, there is already 2 Nightmare's followers in the game (10% of roster!) and he is the most forgetable, then...yes, he could be easily cut.

- He's not popular enough to justify putting in the game. Well, he's kind of a series staple and liked because he's the Lizardman. If you combine his votes in the popularity poll with Aeon (both being the exact same character with separate styles), he would have 128 votes. Just below Astaroth.

With a small roster, the argument is valid and your answer is not:
  • You add the votes of Lizardman and Aeon, but I read on this forum that some people asking exclusively for Aeon (Winged and two axes style) and having no interest in old Lizardman (and vice versa). So no, you cant sum up both votes.
  • Even if you add votes, Cassandra, Amy, Yun-seong, Setsuka, Viola, Hwang and Hilde are ahead, and should have priority if popularity is a valid argument.

Lizardman/aeon is better than nothing. But every non-mimic non-Dampierre character would be better than him imo.

So, there is already 2 Nightmare's followers in the game (10% of roster!) and he is the most forgetable, then...yes, he could be easily cut.

With a small roster, the argument is valid and your answer is not:
  • You add the votes of Lizardman and Aeon, but I read on this forum that some people asking exclusively for Aeon (Winged and two axes style) and having no interest in old Lizardman (and vice versa). So no, you cant sum up both votes.
  • Even if you add votes, Cassandra, Amy, Yun-seong, Setsuka, Viola, Hwang and Hilde are ahead, and should have priority if popularity is a valid argument.

Lizardman/aeon is better than nothing. But every non-mimic non-Dampierre character would be better than him imo.
That's you. To me, he's an important mainstay of the series and I'd rather not play an entry without him.

Back