Argument In Favor of Lizardman (SCVI)

I'll play it anyway, but The Lizardman and maybe Cassandra would be the icing on the cake for me, as i already have Taki, Mi-na, Yoshimitsu, Mitsu finally with Relic again and Nightmare to look forward to :)

Can somebody found me in which game Lizardman can do 1A into his Sweep ?
Oh and uh, just to clarify here I believe he had this in SCII. The only problem is that he's a bit hard to find stuff on there due to how tricky he was to unlock.

But would you still play a main series SC game if he were to NOT be included in it?
Depends. If he wasn't available at all, no. If he's CaS only and I can still use his style on another lizard, sure. It would hamper my plans for taking the game seriously, though. He's never missed an entry outside of JP/arcade releases for 2, and if it started now I would simply go play other fighting games.

Interesting. With this and Inferno, looks like we can confirm that unlockables are indeed a thing.
Question: Did the Hayate Lizardman footage make you reconsider your theories about Lizardman's inclusion in SC6?

Because looking over your original argument, you used the story art to show that Lizardman was going to have an original moveset based on his art showing him (1) left-handed and (2) with a larger sword. But the in-game footage shows him right-handed with a handaxe. If the art doesn't indicate how he actually fights in the game, do you think it still works as evidence that he's playable? It might be that the art is simply art.

One more thing: A lot of fighting games nowadays (Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Tekken) include story character models and movesets that aren't actually playable. Do you think this is an (unfortunate) possibility?

The other argument against his inclusion is that people have already found a "you unlocked Inferno" message in the final build. Do you think it would be easier to unlock Inferno than Lizardman?

Do you think it would be easier to unlock Inferno than Lizardman?
I know you're not replying to me but

Oh god yes lmao

I had to go through that hell at least four times in my life. I'd like to think I am good at 100% weapon master mode speedruns now.

Because looking over your original argument, you used the story art to show that Lizardman was going to have an original moveset based on his art showing him (1) left-handed and (2) with a larger sword. But the in-game footage shows him right-handed with a handaxe. If the art doesn't indicate how he actually fights in the game, do you think it still works as evidence that he's playable? It might be that the art is simply art.
Also I wanted to touch on this, that axe he's used in libra of soul and in the Hataye footage isn't his default weapon. It clips through his shield on his blocking animations. Seems like Xi Sword is indeed the default, with at least two axe alternates. Right handed/left handed thing is a mystery, though. They likely weren't able to do enough work on him to implement this. There's also the possibility we unlock the generic lizardman, and leave Aeon on the table for later, but considering our default seems to be a sword... I'm gonna assume we have actual Aeon as an unlockable.

I'm remaining optimistic that the yellow lizardman we saw with a right-handed wield style that doesn't reflect the art that accurately reflects the other three bad guys is simply a story mode enemy with a low effort copy paste SCII lizardman move set (where he also had a right handed wield style).

Inferno is unlockable and I'm inclined to believe he's not the only one. Also, Geralt's story in Kayane's play hinted at Edge Master but she had to cut off. Guess it's a safe bet he's in.

Inferno is unlockable and I'm inclined to believe he's not the only one. Also, Geralt's story in Kayane's play hinted at Edge Master but she had to cut off. Guess it's a safe bet he's in.
Just going off the current CSS... Inferno would likely be the bright, shining spot in the center seeing as he's the big iconic fire monster. Edge Master is more or less the perfect fit for the slot opposite of Azwel, and he's got an HD model from V already. Lizardman is also a villain in the same group as everyone else around the right, so he's the best choice for the slot just below Cervantes, right of Taki.

Depends. If he wasn't available at all, no. If he's CaS only and I can still use his style on another lizard, sure. It would hamper my plans for taking the game seriously, though. He's never missed an entry outside of JP/arcade releases for 2, and if it started now I would simply go play other fighting games.
You make it sound like you don’t give a shit about the series.

You make it sound like you don’t give a shit about the series.
I care, and I am a long time fan. However, I've grown up and played with my favorite character for the entire series, and if he is actually absent from this title then no, I'm not going to be happy, and no, I'd have no real reason to invest time and money into it. I run other character resources and have myself deep into other games, there are priorities to these things.

Don't tell me you'd be thrilled about Voldo missing, either.

I care, and I am a long time fan. However, I've grown up and played with my favorite character for the entire series, and if he is actually absent from this title then no, I'm not going to be happy, and no, I'd have no real reason to invest time and money into it. I run other character resources and have myself deep into other games, there are priorities to these things.

Of course I’d be disappointed about Voldo missing out in a main game, but I wouldn’t abandon an instalment in the series out of character bias. I’d just move on, find a new character to main, and start investment from there. I don’t go by the whole “No main = No buy” mindset and never will.

Of course I’d be disappointed about Voldo missing out in a main game, but I wouldn’t abandon an instalment in the series out of character bias. I’d just move on, find a new character to main, and start investment from there. I don’t go by the whole “No main = No buy” mindset and never will.

I went into SCV with a whopping six of my favorite characters and mains missing from the roster (Sophitia, Cassandra, Amy, Yun-seong, Talim, Seong Mi-na). I just went into practice mode, picked up Pyrrha, Xiba, and Viola, and called it a day.

I went into SCV with a whopping six of my favorite characters and mains missing from the roster (Sophitia, Cassandra, Amy, Yun-seong, Talim, Seong Mi-na). I just went into practice mode, picked up Pyrrha, Xiba, and Viola, and called it a day.
Kinda like me when I lost Cassandra. I just went to Pat as my Sword/Shield pocket character, and found him just as fun to use as Cass.

That's pretty much exactly why I could never get into Tekken 7, I just really couldn't find anyone that clicked with me the way Baek and Armor King did.

maybe were barking up the wrong tree here with lizardman... Project soul seems to like the boob upgrades nowadays. so i say we meet them halfway with "Lizard Girl"

maybe were barking up the wrong tree here with lizardman... Project soul seems to like the boob upgrades nowadays. so i say we meet them halfway with "Lizard Girl"

tenor.gif

Back