[Arizona] AZ and friends!

Sorry it wasn't ESports enough for you.

Sorry if I think Namco's Soul Calibur 5 World Tournament shouldn't look like an underground event. I think it deserves much better than that. But hey, if you're satisfied with what looked like a grass roots World Tournament, more power to you.

Sorry if I think Namco's Soul Calibur 5 World Tournament shouldn't look like an underground event. I think it deserves much better than that. But hey, if you're satisfied with what looked like a grass roots World Tournament, more power to you.

thisasshole.jpg

DrDogg seemingly has a doctorate in saying retarded shit.

DrDogg seemingly has a doctorate in saying retarded shit.

As opposed to posting retarded pictures that do not add at all to the conversation? I thought the event was lacking. I'm allowed to share my opinion, just like you are. I'm glad you thought the event was great (or whatever you think), I simply disagree.

Yes you can say whatever you want, and I can't call you a retard for it. everyone knows you are simply in this for Money, DrDogg. You and your friend trying desperately to convert the FGC into some source of revenue. Go away and never come back. Maybe you could work your way into the LoL or DOTA communities? They are burgeoning and need some talented shills.

Excuse me? Who are you and what do you know about me and "my friend"? What money have I EVER received from the FGC running tournaments? I've done NOTHING but LOST money running FGC events.

I went to Final Round (spending my own money, just like everyone else) and ended up running the MK9 tournament to make sure it ended on time. I guess that was all for the money too right?

STFU and get out of our thread. You don't know anything about me and your ignorant comments are smelling up the place.

Sorry AZ folks I didnt mean to desecrate your thread with my ramblings. I will leave, I don't want to start drama in a matchfinder thread.

DrDogg: Cool Stories bro.

This is comical. Let's see, the stream had terrible commentary, and looked very unpolished and unprofessional. The matches were good, buy the rest was ass.

saying Bryan is in it for the money is comical, its a time and money sink, I know first hand. I love how people with no inside knowledge seem to know everything.

its ignorant people like you that are holding the scene back, not people like bryan who are trying to do things for the scene. i DO know first hand and i DO have inside knowledge, and to attack people who are trying to grow the community is just plain dumb, go back to playing online matches and get the fuck out of here.

Go troll somebody else.

NM win again..he might get nerfd and I am going to cry. Keev VS OmegaDR that was the best, man I wanted keev to win(He should have won). It was so close and people already disowning keev after just that game, I hope they realize that sieg. have an upper hand vs NM.

NM win again..he might get nerfd and I am going to cry. Keev VS OmegaDR that was the best, man I wanted keev to win(He should have won). It was so close and people already disowning keev after just that game, I hope they realize that sieg. have an upper hand vs NM.

I don't think we're going to see any more patches for SC5. Unfortunately, what we currently have is probably all we're going to get.

In other news, I haven't heard from anyone about Friday? Yay? Nay?

well from what I heard there is going to be a total of 4 patch in SCV life (not counting the first one). So the patch we just got is 1 of those 4 patches.

I don't think we're going to see any more patches for SC5. Unfortunately, what we currently have is probably all we're going to get.

In other news, I haven't heard from anyone about Friday? Yay? Nay?
I would be willing to do friday if it doesn't start too late. I work graveyards and have to be to work by 10pm

Guard Impact (Soul Calibur 5 & Mortal Kombat 9 Tourney)
DateSaturday, May 19 2012 (Casuals Starts at 1PM Tourney Starts at 3PM)
LocationUniversity of Advancing Technology (Room 206/207)
2625 W. Baseline Rd Tempe AZ, 85283

Games/Entry
  • Soul Calibur 5 $5
  • Mortal Kombat 9 $5
Universal Game Rules
  • All games will run on PS3
  • Will be run on ASUS Monitiors
  • This is a BYOC Event (Bring your own pad or stick)
  • Winner must stay with same character for next game. Loser has a option to switch.
  • Game breaking glitches are banned
  • Pausing a game will result a forfeit of that round unless the opponent chooses to waive it.
  • All Tournaments are double elim. 70/20/10 payouts split
Specific Rules
Mortal Kombat 9 (3PM-4:30PM)
  • 2/3 rounds per game
  • 2/3 games per set (3/5 games per set WF/LF/GF)
  • Kratos/Kratos Stage Banned
  • Street Stage Banned
  • Hell/Wasteland Stages Banned
  • No Kombat Kodes
Soul Calibur 5 (5PM-7PM)
  • 3/5 rounds per game
  • 2/3 games per set (3/5 games per set WF/LF/GF)

Okay guys lets do it again

So the MadCatz Championship got pushed to post-Evo. I'll be going to MLG Anaheim, but I can't really take anyone with me since I'll be in LA all week for E3 2012.

Also, we need to get some gatherings/tournaments going here. The AIAB tournament is next weekend (I think), but is anyone in Tucson even playing SC5 still? I'm not a fan of AIAB anyway, but I definitely wouldn't go if I'd just be playing Phoenix players.

Manawerx is still pending, but Morty is going to let me know when he talks to the new owner. Tevin, when can we use UAT? We need to get something going.

Who's down for a gathering at my place this week and what day(s) work best?

No SCV at the AIAB Tourney this weekend. They're already running 3 games, one of which is SFxT singles which is going to take for fucking ever. If they still had 8 stations like they used to, it would be such a big deal.

I dunno what's up with the rest of Tucson, but Junior and I have been playing saturdays, and Jeremy too when he's not busy. If there's anyone else in tucson who wants to meet up, PM me. Or, add me on XBL: AZChinNuts.

Back