Astaroth a crutch for less skilled players?

Crazyyoshimitsu: with your post saying you've never played JAG, myself, or Saitoh doesn't mean you've played good Asta's then. Therefore you are irrevelant :D

JAG, i agree wholeheardtly that SC3 was much stronger then SC4. However, i just wish SC4 kept the A Animation throw. Plus i didn't mind making the 2A+K throw unbreakable. Also, i do believe that it is some online scrubs who don't know how simple astaroth's game really is. I really laugh at the fact that they eat bullrush all day. Even a yoshi player tried to Dragonfly me...i lol'd when i 28:B+G him out of that stance...

:D

Yeah, his old A-cm throw animation(now almost his 2/8 B+G throw) is definetely a cool one. And 2A+K being unbreakable is imo very cool too, never used that move in former SoulCalibur´s. But i hate that move for just whiffing through opponents if not used when they are on the ground...

And lol @ 2/8 B+G against Yoshi´s dragonfly... Always good for a laugh. ^^

Ah who am I kidding?.. Astaroth is cheaper than a Tijuana hooker, but I love the guy. He gets me wins while smashing you to pieces.

Astaroth does pretty great damage, and unless you know how to break throws and defend against his move set you will be taking quite a bit of that damage.

Knowing how to break throws doesn't matter. You can (and will) still guess wrong. Not to mention the shortened break window on JF throws. Better off ducking...

Astaroth is a good character, but by no means overpowered. If you are familiar with his moves and know how to defend against them he is just like any other character.

This I agree with 100%. But I will say that whenever I decide to play Astaroth in casuals, It's usually because I feel like turning my brain off for those few matches. People can say what they want, but when you can deal that kind of damage off of easy to use, safe options, you really don't need to think that hard.

Astaroth as a "cheap character"? HEY HILDE! Someone's asking for ya. "The Prince Of Hell" is not even close to cheap. He's the Jack-6 of the game except more dependent on ATs,grabs,mixups and slighlty slower. SC III Astaroth yes was much stronger but lacked some of things that the SCIV version did in the sense of making more moves GB and 28B+G was a lot easier to do and set up than 236B+G. I do know if you soul charged Astaroth, 22K > 214A its "cheap". Cervantes has more potential to be "cheap" since I've personally played him and just starting to master him.
Rock is a puzzle version. Astaroth is the juggernaut version. And yes doing 28B+G is just God damn hilarious to do on Yoshi's dragonfly. :P

Back